I'm just good, dammit!

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

yea, I noticed this semi-automatic gearing too. I'm driving manual gears, but it would have helped me learn to drive a manual gearbox some time ago. It took me weeks to master it to a level where it gets an automated process :s So if ppl r interested in switching from auto to manual gears, this is the time to learn!

BTW: anyone figured out the online ranking lists? I was in 83rd place in the "all-time" list and somewhere in the "weekly" list (don't know what the exact terms are, have a Dutch version). I checked yesterday and now I'm out of the "all-time" list? So position "- -" not even above 100? It says "minimum of 20 races" but I've done like 250 orso...?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Actually what's funny is you can still shift manually while still in automatic transmission. :P
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Andre_online wrote:Actually what's funny is you can still shift manually while still in automatic transmission. :P
Yes it's a semi auto :D
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I never realised that you could change gears in an auto manually. I've never found the need - guess I'm just too smooth with the auto :lol:

Seriously - every day's a school day - you learn something new!
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

I found out by accident. My car was set to auto, but I drive manual. So I didn't notice it, and just drove. But there are moments where there's just a little time left to shift up, but a half a second later, u need to shift 2 gears down. Like going up hills, or just b/4 driving over the mud, moments where ur car will slow down anyways. And so my car started shifting up and down by itself, just like Christine, u know that car from the Stephen King movie :)

But anyways, about the wheel vs keyboard: I think I can go faster w/ a wheel...
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Bauke777 wrote:just like Christine, u know that car from the Stephen King movie Smile
That movie sucked sooooooo much. ...But I guess it wasn't as bad as maximum overdrive. :lol:

Anyway, I drive auto, but still shift up/down manually when I need to.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:But I guess it wasn't as bad as maximum overdrive. :lol:
lol I actually went to imdb.com to lookup the movie cuz the title sounds familiar, but couldn't figure out w/ it was about. But eh, now I remember! That movie was............................................ unique :)

Return to “Most Wanted”