Which controller?

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

hahah, so your saying its worse than a brick?
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Mm hmm...
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Steering wheel, my real controller, nothing else feels right.

Even the most advanced simulator wouldnt feel like your actually driving properly without the wheel.

...other than wheels, ive been using playstation controllers for quite a while.
VNAF Ace
Ricer
Ricer

Post by VNAF Ace »

1. Xbox 360 Controller. Better analog sticks and analog triggers.
2. PS2 Controller. Better D-pad.

For me... It depends on what type of game I'm playing.
Champ Car World Series + IndyCar Series = IndyCar World Series. Reunite this sport!
mjdude23
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mjdude23 »

PS2 is my system! And thats my controller!
XBOX isn't bad tho. it's pretty good!
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

the 360 contorller is the best INO, only problem is the d-pad, kinda hard to do a shoryuken, i think the best d-pad is either ps2 or nintendo
VNAF Ace
Ricer
Ricer

Post by VNAF Ace »

I think Nintendo has the best d-pad design. The NES, SNES, and N64 d-pads are always comfortable no matter how long you play. The GBC, GBA, DS, and GCN d-pads, however, are too small for me. And the GCN d-pad is in a bad spot for fighting games.

Sony's split d-pad design makes my thumb sore whenever I play with the d-pad for a long time.

BTW, how's the Sega Saturn controller? I heard it was great for fighting games.
Champ Car World Series + IndyCar Series = IndyCar World Series. Reunite this sport!
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

good question, i forgot bought to make me find my old one, dreamcast was good too
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Playstation controller for sure. I even have my own little method for holding it, (with two hands, yes... but I'm reffering to my fingers) so no need to remove any buttons when looking backwards in NFSMW. 8) As Racin Penguin said, It's something I just grew up with.

X-box controllers are not that bad, but GAMECUBE controllers!... yeesh.. where do I begin? :roll:
VNAF Ace
Ricer
Ricer

Post by VNAF Ace »

The GCN Controllers are comfortable, but the D-pad and C-stick are too small. I'm not too fond of the design of the face buttons (with the huge A button and small B, X, Y buttons). Nintendo also forgot to make their analog stick click like buttons (like you could on the PS2 and Xbox controller). And why didn't Nintendo put another trigger button on the left side above the L analog trigger?

The GCN controllers' clicking analog triggers are great though! The GCN controller would be so much better if Nintendo had just stuck with the conventional square arrangement of the A, B, X, Y face buttons, and made the C-stick the same size as the analog stick.

Return to “The Games”