computer Render art Topic

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

korge wrote:Ive come to the conclusion that I am polymodeling the wrong way. In other words, I may think Im polymodeling, but in essence, Im not actually, doi9ng anything but making a mess. So I gave up for a month.

No one seems to want to tutor me at least on Polymodeling.. Lol

LOL... i forgot about that... you PM'ed me about a while ago... and I completely forgot, sorry.. :lol: .. Anyhoo I don't mind showing you a few stuff like last time, its just that I'm kinda busy with a lot of stuff right now.. I'm juggling more balls then I got!
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Speaking of balls, here's something I've been working on for the past two days - before you say anything, it is from a video tutorial that I bought a while back. I'm mainly doing this to learn more about rigging and extra few tricks for 3DS Max which might come in handy... I also tried to give this my own little touch to it. Hopefully with the techniques I learn from this I can apply it to the environment I'm working on too.

Maybe I should do one modelling project at a time, and try to finish one, before I move onto another project, save me the bother of juggling them big balls constantly :lol:

Image Image Image

Image Image

This is what the model is supposed to look like:

Image Image
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

That looks insane :shock: If you can get it to look anything like the one you're trying to copy, then you can write whatever you like about me in your sig :P not like you wouldn't anyway . . .
corvyz6
Drift King
Drift King

Post by corvyz6 »

Sir Ibi wrote:Speaking of balls, here's something I've been working on for the past two days - before you say anything, it is from a video tutorial that I bought a while back. I'm mainly doing this to learn more about rigging and extra few tricks for 3DS Max which might come in handy... I also tried to give this my own little touch to it. Hopefully with the techniques I learn from this I can apply it to the environment I'm working on too.

Maybe I should do one modelling project at a time, and try to finish one, before I move onto another project, save me the bother of juggling them big balls constantly :lol:

Image Image Image

Image Image

This is what the model is supposed to look like:

Image Image
My eyes just fell off my head, that's ..... holy crap man , that's ..... wow!
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

lol, relax dude, I've been learning this from a video tutorial. Basically a 3D modeller models the dreadnaught "on the fly" - and I basically copy the techniques he uses to recreate it... Tho I am trying to add my own little spin on it.. here's an update..

Image Image Image

I this isn't as good as the one in the actual tutorial, but I'd rather try to do something a little more different.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I used to be interested in Warhammer, but I think you model wants me to keep buying the models..
korge
mayhemation
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mayhemation »

post removed...
Last edited by mayhemation on 22 May 2006, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Somehow that doesn't seem like enough polygons for such a smooth model. :|
mayhemation
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mayhemation »

post removed...
Last edited by mayhemation on 22 May 2006, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I also noticed that there are very few triangles in your model. What are (if any) the benefits of doing this? Or is it just an easier way for you to model?
mayhemation
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mayhemation »

post removed...
Last edited by mayhemation on 22 May 2006, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Howd you make the mesh?

Ill check the link, thanks.
korge
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

There's a number of ways you can do it. First step is actually setting up the blueprints, once that is done you can either;

box model it by making cuts, extrudes and so on and move the vertecies around to match up the blueprint. Once you have a basic shape of the car, you can start working on the detail.

Or you could start with a small plane and place it in an area such as the corner of the hood, roof or wheel arch, where ever you feel comfortable. Then you shift+drag the eges of the pologyon and slowly build up the mesh lining it up with the blueprint.

Or you could do spline modelling, which can give you a far more accurate shape of the car, but its kinda hard. Not looked at the process of spline modelling or NURBS too much myself.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

I really need to leran this modeling.

I probly would have a nice FD3S made in Zmodeler by now if it would load the blueprints properly :x
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Beretta - Here is my attempt at Poly Modeling. Is this correct?

Bullets - Ehh?
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
korge
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

looks good to me.. remember, only add more polygons ONLY when you need to. Basically spend time trying to use your edges and verts effeciantly and making the best out of the ones you have. This helps keep the model clean.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Sir Ibi wrote:looks good to me.. remember, only add more polygons ONLY when you need to. Basically spend time trying to use your edges and verts effeciantly and making the best out of the ones you have. This helps keep the model clean.
But other than target weld, I dont know how to connect empty spaces of poly gons. Target weld jsut screws up my verticies..

I was bored. :)
korge
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

if you click on an edge of a polygon that isn't connected to anything, and then you hold down SHIFT and drag it, you creat another polygon.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Sir Ibi wrote:if you click on an edge of a polygon that isn't connected to anything, and then you hold down SHIFT and drag it, you creat another polygon.
akaPoly Modeling.

I want to know how to connect polys to make on big poly.. (?? lol)
korge
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Whats the best Zmodeler version?

One that actually lets you use blueprints :x
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Dont know. Never heard of Zmodeler.
korge
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

*Gasp* What?

Ive got 3DS max7 but I think ill start with Zmodeler, 3DS is like rocket sience to me :?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Okay.

Sri Ibi, I posted my reply on pg 16.
korge
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

not sure what you mean exactly, but maybe you mean brigding a gap between two pologyons? Well target weld is one way you could do that, which will let you connect two verts/edges together.

don't know if this will help but I was had fun making this :lol:
Attachments
BRIDGE.jpg
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Does/has anybody worked with AutoCAD/Viz Renderer? I just got a hold of the 30 day trial and I want to learn as mush as I can before it expires.

Return to “Creativity Board”