Cars Not Accepted in Showroom (Artistic Section)

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
PyroTech
Ricer
Ricer

Cars Not Accepted in Showroom (Artistic Section)

Post by PyroTech »

I was just wondering y my 2 recent cars were not accepted in to the artistic section.

These are the cars.

MY BMW
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/?p=image&pa ... /10158.jpg

My Audi A3
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/?p=image&pa ... /10157.jpg

I want to know y these have not been accepted when others that i have done with similar layouts have been in to the catagory.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

We won't accept edited cars in the Artistic Section.

Submit them into Wallpapers. Thanks,

The showroom team
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

how are those cars edited, SP4RCO?

i thought the whole point of Artistic was to make a spiced up presentation for your car to make it look good. that's exactly what he did
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ya, wheres editing
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

That's actually kinda odd, because I've edited my latest cars and they've let me in artistic... for example

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/10366

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/10278

They're both edited.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

all of my cars that are in artistic also have snazzy backgrounds and such... the car itself is, however, not edited.
PyroTech
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PyroTech »

Yeah thanks guys. Ii have not edited the cars themselves just made snazzy backgrounds for them
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

I dont think Sparco and Gravedigger have enough Photoshop experience to be able to judge whether a car is edited or not. I dont know why Bojan chose them, but they just arn't fit for the job.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

You are true, I don't fit, ban me ;)

TBH I have been quite inactive for the last month and I haven't accepted/rejected any of those cars in the links that have been posted at this thread. The Skyline-Supra monster is obviously edited... I guess they are Bojan mistakes.

Anyway I would like to see how would you do after processing 50 cars every day, that's 1500 per month, you OBVIOUSLY gotta make some mistakes. Everybody would! i.e. I still think the interior of that M3 on the 1st link seems to be edited. It's not? ---> My mistake. OK so 6-7 mistakes per month can make us SR dudes look like dumbs, but 6 out of 1500 means a 99.6% of accuracy. Isn't it high enough?

To spartan: why do you even submitted your cars into the wrong category on purpose ? You are not helping by doing it...

Cheers.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
-Neo-
Ricer
Ricer

Post by -Neo- »

Pinecone wrote:I dont think Sparco and Gravedigger have enough Photoshop experience to be able to judge whether a car is edited or not. I dont know why Bojan chose them, but they just arn't fit for the job.
Experience? Man, who needs experience when you see red/yellow/black interior in the car? Oh, maybe it's customized in the game :lol: Their have played U/U2/MW, so, their will notice when the car is edited and when it's not :)
PyroTech
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PyroTech »

I know my layouts are so amazing, (I Wish LOL!!) that they look good enough for me to be able to edit the cars but i aint that good with photoshop. LOL :P
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

SP4RCO wrote: To spartan: why do you even submitted your cars into the wrong category on purpose ? You are not helping by doing it...
Cheers.
When I had first entered my Supra/Skyline, I was used to entering my cars as wallpaper and artistic, and I had forgotten it was edited. A few days later, it's been entered, so I thought it was okay for me to enter my 240SX and RX-7 into artistic as well.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

someone hasnt been doing a good job of letting some cars entering the artistic category.
ive seen a camaro that has been edited to look like its a "lowrider" its yellow and its in the artistic section, and theres a monaro vxr that has two vinyls on it in the artistic section.

EDIT: i now read sp4rcos post
Last edited by Fishwhiz on 07 Mar 2006, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Fishwhiz, READ SPARCOS POST.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ok now i did.
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

-Neo- wrote:Experience? Man, who needs experience when you see red/yellow/black interior in the car? Oh, maybe it's customized in the game :lol: Their have played U/U2/MW, so, their will notice when the car is edited and when it's not :)
MW has interior detail, if you didnt know. Of course, it requires experience to know when more serious edits have occured. All of my cars are edited (Disregarding the windows), and they have all been accepted into the artistic section.

Sparco has been doing an ok job, but going inactive for a couple weeks requires some kind of temporary showroom admin.

I would also like to see where Gravedigger went :?
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

I was gone for two days to a motorshow in Brisbane (3-4hrs away) and was having major net problems until now (bandwith was inhumanely slow).....
There will be mistakes made.... but hey, I'm only human, as are the rest of the showroom team

As for the two cars in question, I know I have not seen them

spartan.dk: there is a small margin of brightness/contrast, sharpness, etc that "is" allowable into the artistic section, usually (i think anyhow) a 1-5 increment of things like that may be allowed..... but not full blown editing
PyroTech
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PyroTech »

The Gravedigger wrote:
spartan.dk: there is a small margin of brightness/contrast, sharpness, etc that "is" allowable into the artistic section, usually (i think anyhow) a 1-5 increment of things like that may be allowed..... but not full blown editing
Yes but you say that brightness and contrast can be edited, fair enough im ok with that. You say full blown editing isnt allowed, again i agree.

But i havent touched the cars all i have done is create them, take screen shots, cut them out and make backgrounds for them and still they get rejected.

I think that if a car is rejected from a showroom the messages sent to the user could do with having a reason. I know it would mean a little more work for the admins but it would save anything like this happening again.

P.s
Didnt mean to cause so much pissin and moanin for the showroom team. My apologies just wanted to know y my cars were rejected.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Pyrotech's suggestion is quite valid and is something for which I've seen a need for quite some time. The current admin interface for processing the SR3 categoriy upload queues only allows 'accept' or 'reject', with no means available to respond to the submitter in either case.

In light of the volume of submissions, it's impractical to expect queue admins to manually go find a person's profile and pm them a handwritten reason every time a car is rejected. These guys already have enough to do, considering they receive exactly nothing (except the odd complaint) for their efforts.

A slight improvement to the queue scripts to allow a message to be returned to the submitter would help, I'm sure. We already have acceptance notifications, yes, but in the case of rejections, the queue admin could, for instance, select from a set of 'canned' reasons for the rejection or optionally write a short freeform message.

None of this is up to me however, it's Bojan's domain. I'll discuss it with him when next we catch up.
boroboyben
Ricer
Ricer

Post by boroboyben »

The cars on here arereally good guy keep it up
BaTrR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BaTrR »

My Monaro was accpeted in the artistic section, and it's obviously edited...

BUT i joined the artistic section by accident (maybe i should think more :roll: ), but there's no button or something to remove it there...

And if your car is not edited, and it is relected, then why not try it again? No need for messages..
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

If bobyx needs an mod... im available.. know enough of the editing range and so on.

Return to “The Showroom”