Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

How can anyone not have heard of creative. Them and ipod (apple) are the two most popular brands for MP3 players.
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

about the ipod debate: haha, you guys can't face the fact that Apple has made a superior product to all the wanna be's.

Keep dreaming your happy thoughts people, coz the iPod rocks which ever way you want to look at it :D
chemicalcode
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by chemicalcode »

Sorry Bash i'm not with you on this one, I'm a firm Iriver supporter, Apple products are a bit too fashionista hippsta for me :(
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

bashderq is right, the iPod is the best.. no other brand has come close to it.
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

@ c.code - like that term 'fashionista hippsta' :lol:

Yeah I know nearly everyone has one, and usually I support the underdog, but Apple's package is so darn perfect. I love the simplistic design and iTunes is the most stable and user friendly music player I've ever used (and i have used quite a few).

Yeap, I'm sticking to my guns...I'm an iPod fan
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I never said I hated Ipods.... I want something different from the friggin Ipod because everyone at my school has a Ipod or another Ipod product (nano, Shuffle)... I thought of buying a Iriver, but there isnt a good video player...

If I think about it, I could get a HDD for the PSP and play videos and play games also.... hmmmm I can buy a PSP for $150 instead of $250 brand new... hmm... nah... I rather have a Zen Vision:M
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Btw, this convo reminds me of this : http://spikedhumor.com/Default.aspx?p=s ... oft%20ipod
chemicalcode
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by chemicalcode »

@bash
perhaps I'm just too set in my ways, or I just don't demand that much from my gadgets. It's the little things like today I was tryin to watch some quicktime clips but they came up as broken links, so I thought it might be cos I didn't have the latest QT player, but when you wanna download it from apple they force you to get Itunes to. GGGAAARRRRR sure u can get rid of iTunes afterwards, but it pisses me off when companies try to ram their products down your throat. I'm still a bit old fashioned tbh, all I want is a music player and Iriver suit me best as they are good for data storage and don't need software since they show up as external drives.

luv that vid btw, never seen it before
Last edited by chemicalcode on 17 Mar 2006, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Hey i ain't forcing you to like the iPod, just telling you why I (and possibly the millions of other users) love it. Like they say to each his own :)

And if you only want Quicktime, click here

Edit: ah right....
Last edited by bashderq on 17 Mar 2006, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
chemicalcode
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by chemicalcode »

hehe I already tried Download.com, they link you back to Apple's site when you click on 'Download'
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

My brother had an Iriver for a while, but it stopped working after a while. Something tells me that it wasn't because it was crappy. Electronic devices never seem to work properly around my bro. (Gee, I wonder why. :?: ) :lol: But before it went all crazy, it was great and I wanted one for Christmas, but I got a .mp3/data CD player. :x
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

hmmm... whats a data cd player

Most of my friends have iPods but one has an Iriver and it is pretty good. I prefer the iPods but iRiver isnt to bad.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

A .mp3/cata CD player can play .mp3/data disks, which can hold far more information than a regularly burned CD.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Yeah, if you select the mp3 disc format in nero or the highmat aduio in windows media player, you can fit 150+ songs on a regular cd compared to the regular 25 or whatever it is.

And off-topic of this mp3 discussion, I was messin around in the verizon store and i played with the internet on the pda phones and this site looks extremely wierd on a pda.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:A .mp3/cata CD player can play .mp3/data disks, which can hold far more information than a regularly burned CD.

oh yeah... i know what you mean now.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Fadeproof wrote:bashderq is right, the iPod is the best.. no other brand has come close to it.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

:roll:

Here are true facts from an iPod user.

1. The build quality of the iPod's bundled accessories is shockingly bad. The two part plug + power supply breaks incredibly easily. The lead from the iPod to the remote control also quickly became frayed and the remote stopped working for me.

2. The iTunes for Windows software is utterly bollocks, even by the shockingly low standards of other Windows music players. Some of the brokenness is due to the designers sticking to Mac OS user interface conventions on Windows: for example, the first click on the application window when it doesn't have the input focus isn't transmitted to the application - clicks are only listened to when it has the focus. Anyway, I can't use it any more since I don't have a working installation of Windows and thankfully gtkpod on Linux has been working fine with my iPod for ages. I hope Apple don't attempt to break that.

3. At some point Apple stopped using buttons that actually moved and switched to solid state buttons. These are a pain in the neck, since you accidentally hit them the whole time without meaning to. (With proper buttons you can do things like temporarily turning off "hold" and switching to the next track with the iPod in your pocket the whole time - that's almost impossible with the new style buttons.)

4. The iTunes Music Store is of no use at all to me, given that I don't use iTunes, but in any case I'd never "buy" any music from it, since I'm not prepared to put with the ridiculous restrictions they encumber your music with.

5. Often the iPod refuses to play a song the first time and skips over it; if you return to the song it will play it.

6. The fact that none of the iPods support Ogg Vorbis audio is still shocking; if it does need a faster processor to be able to decode them (which seems to be a debatable point) you would have thought they would have brought out a version that does that by now.

The Creative Zen Microphoto doesn't have any problems like that whatsoever.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

And may I add that the Vision M has a 264,000 color screen while the iPod suffers with a 64,000 color screen. Both are the same size screen, and the Vision M has radio with 32 prests, radio recorder and a mic.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

And Creative Zen's are the only mp3 players anywhere that have OLED displays. Meaning you can use a photo as a background for your things. Example below.

Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

The Toshiba Gigabeat allows you change the background also... I enjoyed it while I had/have it... I like my Toshiba, but I gave it to my mom... :D So that means that I get a new MP3 player :D

Hopefully a Creative Labs Zen Vision:M :D
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today is not my day... i just wrecked my iPod. I pulled the thing out of the USB and put it on the table next to me but i did it to hard and now the bloody thing wont charge and i cant put songs on it.
Last edited by Fadeproof on 17 Mar 2006, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Ya, I heard iPod's are very fragile.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

pitty i didnt know that before

Im going to un-install itunes and the ipod and hopefully that fixes the problem.. but i dont think it will since the computer doesnt even think anything is plugged in.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Slamming the USB down can't do anything to the computer. :?

Like I and others have said iPod suks like no other.

And another thing. Apple can shut down your iPod if you"misuse" it.

And yet another thing. Zens have removeable batteries. iPods don't. You have to send your iPod into Apple to get the battery replaced and its like getting a whole new iPod from the price alone. With Creative just buy a $40 rechargeable battery and you're good to go.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

i dont know what post youve been reading... i didnt say it did anything to the computer.. the ipod is stuffed and the computer wont recognise it. and i didnt say anything about 'shutting down' my iPod either.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Fadeproof wrote:i dont know what post youve been reading... i didnt say it did anything to the computer.. the ipod is stuffed and the computer wont recognise it.
Your post was hard to understand. You should've specified what you slammed down. The iPod or the USB cable.
Fadeproof wrote:and i didnt say anything about 'shutting down' my iPod either.
I'm just stating a letdown of the iPod. :roll:

Return to “General Discussion”