Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

100 cars would be cool!

Just please, EA, don't try and remake Juiced. I know this is controversial, but IMHO Juiced was the worst racing game I've ever played. Absolutely hated it, with its totally unrealistic handling (no arguments, please! I've driven plenty of real-life cars, even my 954cc Citroen AX handled better than the car models in Juiced).
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

YES! canyon racing! that was also in some wierd dream i had!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Well this site has all the information you need in proper English (no screens though):
http://www.gamesasylum.com/showarticle. ... cleID=5008

EA have been silently working away on Need for Speed: Carbon for the past year, and have granted The Official PlayStation 2 Magazine the first "low(ered) down" in the latest issue. That's their pun, not ours, if you're wondering.

There's a bit of confusion as to where the subtitle originates from. Obviously there's the whole carbon fibre thing, but as well as a large urban city to roam freely around, there are also three canyon environments including one based on Carbon Canyon - a popular location in California for "motoring enthusiasts".

The developers are looking to include between 50 and 100 vehicles, incorporating some that are yet to be unveiled by their manufacturers and, for the first time in a NFS title since 2000, a range of Porsches.

The cars aren't the only stars though, as effort is being made to create a stronger feeling of a society by being able to build up a crew. Every character, including rivals, have their own skills and talents such as blocking off slip roads and fall into one of three categories - tuning, muscle and exotic. If you're into tuning then a team can be formed with expertise in that area, or if customisation is your thing then drivers also into "tricking out" can be chosen.

Trackside railings now bend and buckle when hit (which should make for some entertaining police chases when zooming down a mountain at 150mph) and there's also talk of tilt sensor support for the PlayStation 3 version.

Formats? The magazine only states PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 and PSP, but undoubtedly it's going to be a multiformat title. We'd be surprised if it made it onto GameCube however, as not only is Carbon due to be released around the same time as the Wii (this winter) but EA have also wordlessly dropped Superman Returns for Nintendo's aging block.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Tuner cars racing down a canyon mountain at 150 miles per hour?

Sounds like another wierd and lame game.. I smell bad acting for the cutscenes aswell...
korge
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

canyon racing and a story.... this could be interesting if EA can pull it off right... but knowing them, another story worth the trashcan....
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Seems great! All those features! Awsome!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

DarrenR21373 wrote: with its totally unrealistic handling (no arguments, please! I've driven plenty of real-life cars, even my 954cc Citroen AX handled better than the car models in Juiced).
i kinda think that juiced's viper and the corvette had real handling(especially the viper-untamable)...lol as for the rest two words describe it perfectly-total crap!

i think my mother uses that game's cds as coasters :lol:
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

Tuning here please
100 cars :lol:
Thats cool
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

What does EA mean?

RIDGE.... RACER!!!! plus tuning 100 cars
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

not just 100 cars... concept cars too... just like always, this will draw mixed reaction from the NFS community...
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Calibra_14 wrote:Tuning here please
Thats cool
I really doubt it. The text says 50 to 100 cars and remember the early rumours of MW stated that it will be 100 cars and we didn't get that many. I think the number of cars will be around 50, even less but I doubt the number of cars will be below 30...
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

2furio wrote:
Calibra_14 wrote:Tuning here please
Thats cool
I really doubt it. The text says 50 to 100 cars and remember the early rumours of MW stated that it will be 100 cars and we didn't get that many. I think the number of cars will be around 50, even less but I doubt the number of cars will be below 30...
You're true
I hope EA doenst lie us
We want to know the real number of cars
Not a number that your expecting and then its not that number
EA,if ure reading this,then read it carefully 8) 8)
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ya. exept if they do lots of cars, i got a hint in the survey that this means they all handle the same=bad
NFS_ZawyeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by NFS_ZawyeR »

Got some screens in the norwegian magazine GameReactor.

Im gonna scan the pictures later.

;)

Its a murcielago and a porsche.
A mustang and a charger (old one), i think :)
And they are drifting 8)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

and the article please :wink: , thanks for confirming the name of the magazine...finally.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Skyline_man wrote:and the article please :wink: , thanks for confirming the name of the magazine...finally.
But from the description, it seems they are the same pics as seen before...except he might have confused the Gallardo for a Murcielago...but nonetheless, quality, high-res scans are always appreciated... :D
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Well, we just need a confirmation 2furio, Smoothie said that the magazine's name starts with a "G", so this is it, no doubt....Zawyer, post the scans soon please.
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

I won't sleep untill I see the scans!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Skyline_man wrote:Well, we just need a confirmation 2furio, Smoothie said that the magazine's name starts with a "G", so this is it, no doubt....Zawyer, post the scans soon please.
I was really confused about what he hinted before. First I thought he said the magazine doesn't start with "G", then I thought it was OPM who had the article and also, Gamespot was supposed to have an article too? Bah! this information couldn't have come at a worse time...damn exams!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Luckily, i've finished my exams. :wink:
NFS_ZawyeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by NFS_ZawyeR »

Sorry for this, but got some problems with my scanner, fixing it now.

Btw, the text is in norwegian and i says the same as written before: Canyon Racing and so on.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Ok, try to post the scans asap please, waiting....
NFS_ZawyeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by NFS_ZawyeR »

Cant get the scanner to work until tomorrow (its 1 a.m. here now) and im too tired to look at the scanner now.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

hmm, okay, anyways, try to post the scans as soon as you can...
NFS_ZawyeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by NFS_ZawyeR »

Of course :)

Watched the The fast and the furious 3 earlier today.

I was impressed, imo its the best fast and furious movie! :D

I think NFS:C will be like TFTF3, drifting, pink slip and lot more :)

Return to “Carbon”