Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

korge wrote:Okay, seems I figured EA out.

Need For Speed never was and will never be a realistic racing game. Just a fun arcade game that lets player do things you would never be able to do in games like Forza or Gran Turismo.

Now, if you can figure that out, then asking for this game to be realistic is kind of stupid.

However, if you wanted a realistic racer, there are many other racing titles out there for you ti buy.
FINALLY!!! Someone who can put what i've been trying to say into words that everyone should be able to understand!
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

And for the love of god, disable the AI thingy so they cant drive past you in a non tuned car
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Strafer wrote:And for the love of god, disable the AI thingy so they cant drive past you in a non tuned car
HOLY CRAP, AI is annoying. If they keep it in a game where drifting is essential, that's going to be the most retarded thing ever.
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

i mean the catch-up system :lol:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Yea, indeed it needs to get some work done. I mean, just earlier while playing MW, I saw the craziest thing ever. I was ahead of a Blacklist opponent, and I just saw him, by the map, driving by a cornered-sharp turn within my speed!! You don't see his arrow turning at all, it just changes position!

How weird is that? :|
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I find the most annoying thing about the AI in MW is the fact that say I am driving a Golf and one of the AI cars is also a Golf - their car will be able to corner much faster than mine, even if mine is performance maxxed as far as possible.

Also, after completing a race the other day, I checked the stats for all the cars. The max speed I could do was 180MPH at that point in the game. The AI cars hit 220MPH. This is just slightly unfair IMHO :lol:

Please, God, let EA turn off the stupid catch-up function (or at least allow the player to do so)!
Gay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gay »

i have got used to the AI playing smelly. they will over take u whenever u crash into something, no matter how far r they behind u.
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

The only AI I didn't like were the police cars. How is a car able to do a complete 180 and catch me if I zoom by them @ 150 mph??? If I hit a parked, undercover police GTO in my Aston Martin DB9 going 190mph, the GTO will not move??? How, no matter where I am, or how many different direction I go, does a duo of suv's know exactly where i am, and always hit me on the blind side of a curve??? Why do police crash into bus stops and traffic, and blame me for public damage???
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I hope they take catch up out of the game. I dont want to be smoked by a corolla while in my SLR.
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

WhereIsTheNsx wrote:The only AI I didn't like were the police cars. How is a car able to do a complete 180 and catch me if I zoom by them @ 150 mph??? If I hit a parked, undercover police GTO in my Aston Martin DB9 going 190mph, the GTO will not move??? How, no matter where I am, or how many different direction I go, does a duo of suv's know exactly where i am, and always hit me on the blind side of a curve??? Why do police crash into bus stops and traffic, and blame me for public damage???

not to mention traffic cars getting in front of you to block your way or to force you to lose speed when there is not turn or intersection for them to take(either in races or in pursuits), and the fact that you can send a traffic car flying but if you ram a opponent car it's like hitting a wall...
oh and i find interesting the easiness with which police cars can switch from high speed forward to reverse to try and catch me...

ooooohh yeah and the most obvious one: if we get through the spike strips then its bye bye birdie...when it comes to cops...they keep running as if it was a simple bump in the pavement

ohh and another one...(i'm inspired sorry)-ramming the chopper is like ramming a wall...WTF is with that?if there's something that should be like real life in MW..this was it...if we ram a chopper we should get through it like a can opener...
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

canhoto wrote:
WhereIsTheNsx wrote:The only AI I didn't like were the police cars. How is a car able to do a complete 180 and catch me if I zoom by them @ 150 mph??? If I hit a parked, undercover police GTO in my Aston Martin DB9 going 190mph, the GTO will not move??? How, no matter where I am, or how many different direction I go, does a duo of suv's know exactly where i am, and always hit me on the blind side of a curve??? Why do police crash into bus stops and traffic, and blame me for public damage???

not to mention traffic cars getting in front of you to block your way or to force you to lose speed when there is not turn or intersection for them to take(either in races or in pursuits), and the fact that you can send a traffic car flying but if you ram a opponent car it's like hitting a wall...
oh and i find interesting the easiness with which police cars can switch from high speed forward to reverse to try and catch me...

ooooohh yeah and the most obvious one: if we get through the spike strips then its bye bye birdie...when it comes to cops...they keep running as if it was a simple bump in the pavement

ohh and another one...(i'm inspired sorry)-ramming the chopper is like ramming a wall...WTF is with that?if there's something that should be like real life in MW..this was it...if we ram a chopper we should get through it like a can opener...
Yeah
Offtopic:Canhoto:We are getting bigger
2 Portugueses in an NFS Forum
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

The Aston Martin is definately a DB9 (1st pic thanks to Linkin):
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Eh, same 'ol body kits. :?
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

im tellin ya, they're recycling them!!

hopefully they'll take out the catch up. very annoying with computer opponents and the cops. and its like the cops are driving with their handbrakes on.

if the cops are in front of you, you cant move them, no matter how or where u go.

and the cops going over the spikes strips. yea. when i was new to the game and i saw that, i thought it was a glitch everytime and kept getting my tires blown =(
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

EA is really copying other games
Just look at the start of MW
if u played U2,u have more money
I think that's coming from Gran Turismo
EA never had truly ideas of them.Maybe EA needs new director
NFS is going to recycle bin
Started well,ended bad.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The original NFS (Road and track presents THE NEED FOR SPEED) was to be a simulator, but at that time the technology wasn't near as far as it was now.
the second NFS was alot more arcade already. and from that moment on it stayed that way (exept PU) but most nfs games had a touch of realism in it. (not in the way the cars handle or anything. but the gfx, damage models (in HS)
in the later NFS games they added some really bizar stuff, like the barral trowing helo's... wich IMO was plain stupid and annoying. but he that is me.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

WhereIsTheNsx wrote:The only AI I didn't like were the police cars. How is a car able to do a complete 180 and catch me if I zoom by them @ 150 mph??? If I hit a parked, undercover police GTO in my Aston Martin DB9 going 190mph, the GTO will not move???
It actually depends.. Don't hit them straight on. Hit at the back part of the car, they'll fly eventually. :)
WhereIsTheNsx wrote:Why do police crash into bus stops and traffic, and blame me for public damage???
Haha! That's because they're working for the government and they are the one paying for the damage, not us. ;)
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Pedestrians would be cool, taking pictures and running in fear.
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

pedestrians??go and play carmaggedon...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

..or Midtown Madness.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Yeah, but in midtown madness, the pedestrians stick to the wall.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

It maks sense. The city is dead I mean come on dont people live there? I can understand U2, its the dead of night so maybe no one is on the streets but MW is in the daytime. Bayview is the the city that always sleeps and Rockport is Vampire town.:)
Redshift
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redshift »

Yeah, it was a great idea to use the same pedestrian system of midtown madness in NFS games, but at which cost ?
Perhaps with the people walking along the road, the "underground" driving has less "undergound" effect !
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

But then what happens to driving on the sidewalks? We don't want to get NFS too GTAish do we? Maybe the pedestrians can dive out of the way, but it's hard for them to do so when they see a car coming at them a 150+ mph. :shock:
Tier 1: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tier 2: Dodge Charger SRT-8
Tier 3: Dodge Challenger Concept
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Both Carmageddon and Midtown Madness sucks :)

Return to “Carbon”