mp3 support

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted

Do you think ea should include mp3 inport abilities in future need for speed games?

yes
88%
no
12%

Total votes: 33

hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

mp3 support

Post by hugh750 »

Do you think Electronic arts should include mp3 support in future need for speed games besides their default music?
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Hell yes the music they put in is crap, It would be nice to listen to some decent tunes whilst racing for once.
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

99k wrote:Hell yes the music they put in is crap, It would be nice to listen to some decent tunes whilst racing for once.
WORD!!! :wink:
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

Yes all the way :D
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

yes indeed, i usually have my amp hooked upto my cd player and play my own music while playing with nfs music turned off, it would be a relief to not do all that just to listen to something good to play to
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yeah that's thrue! But they put some really great songs into MW! And there are awsome songs in UG2! Especialy in menu!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

the only ones with good music were the old nfs' and HP2 and U1
the rest sucked

so HELL yes MP3 funtion (or OGG w/e, just custom music would rule)
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Why not, though I turn the music off during driving/racing anyway.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I just turn the music off in the game and listen to mine in WMP, but MP3 support wouldn't hurt.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Dudes, there is a much simpler solution (it must be simple, cos I use it!). Therefore I voted "no", because, as far as I am concerned, it is totally irrelevant and EA could spend the time required making a better game (as if that's going to happen :roll: ).

All I do, is hook up my MP3 player via a cable from the earphone socket on the iPod (other MP3 players are available) to the "line-in" on the back of the PC, turn off EA's shizzle music, ensure "line in" is enabled in Windows and there you go - glorious Motorhead in (in my case) glorious 5.1 surround sound. This also has the benefit of using next to no processing power, as I'm not running WinAmp at the same time; the PC is purely being used as a hardware Amp.

Well, it works for me. :twisted:
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

that is indeed an awesome option... but becomes useless if you do not have a mp3 player of somesort
yes, i do not have one :/
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

huh i never thoght of that i shall try it great idea darren :P getting the ipod right now :wink:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

DarrenR21373 wrote:Dudes, there is a much simpler solution (it must be simple, cos I use it!). Therefore I voted "no", because, as far as I am concerned, it is totally irrelevant and EA could spend the time required making a better game (as if that's going to happen :roll: ).

All I do, is hook up my MP3 player via a cable from the earphone socket on the iPod (other MP3 players are available) to the "line-in" on the back of the PC, turn off EA's shizzle music, ensure "line in" is enabled in Windows and there you go - glorious Motorhead in (in my case) glorious 5.1 surround sound. This also has the benefit of using next to no processing power, as I'm not running WinAmp at the same time; the PC is purely being used as a hardware Amp.

Well, it works for me. :twisted:
Ya, but then you get 256kb/s crappiness. :P
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

not if your MP3 player supports higher frequency audio. :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Who needs music... turn it off and listen to the glorious engine sounds... volume out loud and off you go... that for me is music to my ears :lol:
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Im not alone when I turn off all the sound except the cars. :D

Feels wierd having something in common with Stiggy though >_>
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

What are you talking about? The Stig loves to listen to his power ballads! :lol: I can't remember what episode of Top Gear that was...
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Gotta have is Marvin Gaye! Or Aretha Franklin!

If there was MP3 support mine would have both of the aforementioned artists
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i too turn off all the sounds besides the cars except in the safe house which i only have like 3 songs that i like all the others are rap which i think is crap :lol:
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

yes for me (but i voted no by accident)...it doesnt make much difference to me though becasue i just play the music i have saved on the console....or if i cant do that i play my music through the home theatre system
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

TheStig wrote:Who needs music... turn it off and listen to the glorious engine sounds... volume out loud and off you go... that for me is music to my ears :lol:
Yeah that's the same thing what I do!! That is the best song from EA!! :lol:
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

yes ofcourse.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

TheStig wrote:Who needs music... turn it off and listen to the glorious engine sounds... volume out loud and off you go... that for me is music to my ears :lol:
Totally agree with u stiggy, just the "music" from the engines....i do that with u1, u2, and MW.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

YaelDjiel wrote:that is indeed an awesome option... but becomes useless if you do not have a mp3 player of somesort
yes, i do not have one :/
You can even do it with a tape recorder or even a radio, anything that has an "earphone" socket. I used to use an old cassette deck myself (only purchased an MP3 player as I had so many "Nectar" points from the fuel I buy for my job, it was almost "free" from Argos!)
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I have something like an RA UF Adapter that you plug into the headphone socket of anything then put it in the cassette player. Only way I can listen to some of my songs.

Return to “Most Wanted”