Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Ehh... I could honestly say that people think I'm a good driver. =D

I love driving, its awesome
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yup, driving is awesome. But not if you live in Texas. Texas drivers are known to be the worst in the United States. The driver in the lane beside me fell asleep and almost rammed me. And it was mid-morning too!
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

You just need to watch out for the female Asians from Texas driving big trucks. :lol:
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Yeah...15 yr olds are really not old enough to drive
...take me for instance...I asked my dad to let me drive his SUV...so he took me to some

really loneoly place...on a flat ground...It was a manual car...so i put the car in first

gear...with the clutched fully pressed...and I pressed the accelerator silghtly(IMO) but the

rpm rose to about 5000....and I left the clutch..BANG!! the car flew forward...

...and after that my dad wont even think of letting me drive his manual car...untill im 18

But I do drive my moms automatic...which is quite easy...boring also!
:lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Well frick, your dad can't just not let you drive a manual and expect you to know how when you turn 18. I did the same thing in my dad's BMW, but aftr some practise I've gotten (still have lots of improving to do) better.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

He did explain to me how to do it....but I guess I f*cked up bad ..huh!!
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

The clutch thing happens with almost everyone.It happend with me too :D. In my first lesson. Luckily i 'slammed' the brakes in time, considering I was in the driveway.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well it's all about fealing! :wink:
And practice,practice and more practice! Now I can play with clutch-gas switch but before I was sooo bad in shifting and starting from the place!! O_o
When car started to move I sudendly take my foots from all pedals! :D
Well if you are every day over 8 hours in van you would also be good and that would be just play for you! :wink:
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Redhawk8810
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redhawk8810 »

hell, I'm 18, so I don't care about younger kids not being ablle to drive. It's their fault. They should get older... It just takes time.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

lol the reason i got a car that was a manual was so my sis couldnt drive it :lol: as for the learning part i found it useful to know where the " dead " spots are in the clutch. but yeah the first day i drove it i killed it 4 times then i havent killed it since 8)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I drive an automatic. And I hate sophomore drivers at my highschool. I almost got rammed head on in the freaking parking lot while we were both going at about 5mph! WTH kind of driving is that?
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

I drive an automatic but when i was going for the driving lessons with the instructor it was with a manual...the car was a peice of shiznit though....but manuals are alot better than automatic IMO
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Well, if you're driving your car for fun. Being stuck in traffic with a manual must suck... I can only imagine.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Well, if you're driving your car for fun. Being stuck in traffic with a manual must suck... I can only imagine.
Ohhhh yeah . . .

But I'll never drive an auto again, unless it's a drag car or my leg falls off. It's too much fun!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well that's normal fadeproof! :wink:
I mean you can also control gears with automatic (the newest ones) coz they have push-down and if you press a gas pedal to the end gearbox shift one gear lower so you can accelerate faster (You can use that feature to brake with engine) and if you release and then pres gas pedal gearbox shift gear up and + you can shift gears with a shifter but only first 123 gears and after 3rd you can shift with up writen tehnique or you can hit the shifter left for lower gear or right for higher! :wink:
While the braking with manual is much easyer coz you can easly switch gears and control the rpms! :wink:
Enjoy trying!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Americans and their automatic transmissions... I bleh at you!
lol wut
Redhawk8810
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redhawk8810 »

Kid Cro wrote:Well that's normal fadeproof! :wink:
I mean you can also control gears with automatic (the newest ones) coz they have push-down and if you press a gas pedal to the end gearbox shift one gear lower so you can accelerate faster (You can use that feature to brake with engine) and if you release and then pres gas pedal gearbox shift gear up and + you can shift gears with a shifter but only first 123 gears and after 3rd you can shift with up writen tehnique or you can hit the shifter left for lower gear or right for higher! :wink:
While the braking with manual is much easyer coz you can easly switch gears and control the rpms! :wink:
Enjoy trying!
My first car was an automatic, my dad taught me that trick when I fought for a manual. and also, although I got my license at 16, (I'm American) I do agree that MOST people should wait until 18. at least make the tests harder or something.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I like manuals. A bit hard to learn, but once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy.

I've been taking my dad's Toyota FX16 for joy rides in the middle of th enight. :D

j/k
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

What would you need a car for anyway, Jop? It's not like you go anywhere. :lol:
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Maybe he drives to the mailbox?
lol wut
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Pabl0z wrote:Maybe he drives to the mailbox?
haha very funny. :roll:
xHaZxMaTx wrote:What would you need a car for anyway, Jop? It's not like you go anywhere. :lol:
There's places I go. I go to Metropolitan College of Denver pretty much every day. Also I go to Wal-Mart and Home Depot alot. Another thing is I would need a car to go to CSM everyday when I get into CSM.
Last edited by Jopuma on 15 Aug 2006, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Jopuma wrote:
Pabl0z wrote:Maybe he drives to the mailbox?
haha very funny. :roll:
Indeed it was :p
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Hmmm

I can't find the thread in the Creativity Board for hand drawn artwork stuff.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Thanks, but I found it right after I posted.

Second page of the creativity board in a thread called "My Drawings". Pabl0z put the link of it there. :)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I thought you have been here long enough to know where the dit button was, Jop. [-X Tsk tsk tsk...

Return to “General Discussion”