Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yeah we can expect O_O woooooo it's a skyline tnx EA tnx !!! :roll:
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
spuit*11
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spuit*11 »

The Skyline GTR is a automotive masterpiece... haters.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote:Ugh...can't wait for the Skyline fanboys to rejoice... :roll:
Yeah, and i will start this....THANKS EA, hope its not for the PSP only though.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

spuit*11 wrote:The Skyline GTR is a automotive masterpiece... haters.
You're joking right? Don't you people get it? There is absolutely nothing special about the Skyline, it's an over-rated pos. It's only "famous" because of the Fnf movies. Let me put it this way, the car is severely overweight, overpriced, and it is a showcase of Japanese technology in a fanboy wet-dream machine.

I'll leave it at that for now...
(waiting for Skyline_man's rebuttal)
r34-gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by r34-gtr »

Amen to that
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote:
You're joking right? Don't you people get it? There is absolutely nothing special about the Skyline, it's an over-rated pos. It's only "famous" because of the Fnf movies. Let me put it this way, the car is severely overweight, overpriced, and it is a showcase of Japanese technology in a fanboy wet-dream machine.

I'll leave it at that for now...
(waiting for Skyline_man's rebuttal)
Are YOU serious ?

Man, the Skyline is the best tuner i've ever seen, its actually the best in tuning and its the fastest imo... i've seen a tuned Skyline getting a 320 kph once.

What more do you want from a Skyline considering its just a tuner ?
r34-gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by r34-gtr »

I own a r32 gts-t and my brother owns a r33 gts-t, there completely stock just some minor mods and there still capable of low to flat 14 second quarter mile passes, which is pretty fast in my opinion for a stock street car.

I dont think skylines got "famous" from the fnf movies because 1: the yellow r33 was hardly noticed in fnf1 2: the silver r34 is only in the 2nd one for roughly 15 minutes 3: in tokyo drift the only r34 u see is the one flying past the veilside rx7 when sean is driving.

I think the skyline got "famous" because of its excellent performance, good looks, Beautiful sounding engine, its huge potential (capable of over 1000hp) and is able to perform with many european cars.

Considering it is a HEAVY car with only a 6 cylinder engine, and still manages 13 second 1/4 mile times is just awesome. The only other tuners i can think of that can manage that are supras, wrx's, and nsx's.

Sorry for the long post but i had to write something, im very bored atm and have nothing else to do :)
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

another interview that is a little more in depth- http://ps3.ign.com/articles/727/727864p1.html
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

"i've seen a tuned Skyline getting a 320 kph once."

Yep...of course, anything's possible in your dreams...you're right about that...

"excellent performance, good looks, Beautiful sounding engine, its huge potential (capable of over 1000hp) and is able to perform with many european cars."

Excellent performance? Not worth it for how much the car costs. Beautiful sounding engine? Ok, but that's not a good reason to go, "liks zomG!!! Skyline!!!! haxor!!" :roll: Capable over 1000 bhp...more ricer talk...you have no proof...I don't know from where you people pull out these numbers from. And you also have to realize that with the money you put in the car, by the time it is "capable" of 320 kph and 1000 bhp, you could have bought a better car. You also don't realize that ANY car can be made to perform extremly well if heavily modified.

Like I've stated before (and I'll say this EVERYtime): the car is severely overweight, overpriced, and it is a showcase of Japanese technology in a fanboy wet-dream machine. In fact, I'll put it in my signature as a reminder...
Last edited by 2furio on 24 Aug 2006, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

everyone thinks the skyline owns... except for you, so it must be a pretty awsome car.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Fishwhiz wrote:everyone thinks the skyline owns... except for you, so it must be a pretty awsome car.
Yep, because this is a site full of ricers and most people don't have a clue about cars. Visit a real car forum, and it's a whole different story...
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

2furio wrote:
Fishwhiz wrote:everyone thinks the skyline owns... except for you, so it must be a pretty awsome car.
Yep, because this is a site full of ricers and most people don't have a clue about cars. Visit a real car forum, and it's a whole different story...
and like you are an expert who lives for cars? :roll: :-k
r34-gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by r34-gtr »

LOL, damn if you were into cars, you would already have seen skylines over 1000hp, dont u watch car dvd's? read magazines? have any interest in the automotive industry? 320kph? i have a video of someone thrashing his r34 to 320, in about 13 seconds, or i think it was 300, but still, he didnt take it all the way, there was still some more to go. i cant be bothered looking for it, but it has been done, its not a big thing.

Ok i understand that saying it sounds beautiful is not a reason to say wow i want one of those, but i just had 2 add that in lol. I also agree that it is overweight, but for how heavy it is u have to agree it does a damn good job.

Overpriced? agree with u 100% thats the reason i dont own a r34. But hey what good sports/performance car is there at a cheap price? really isny mant unless u go back some generations. Look at american muscle cars, a mustang for example, very heavy car, but i'd still rather drive that with a 351 in it over any jap car.

I notice you have a ferrari logo, i love ferrari's but they are way overpriced and that is what i believe to be a "wet-dream". Anyway im not trying 2 cause any forum bashing/fights whatever you want to call it so ill leave it at that.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote: "i've seen a tuned Skyline getting a 320 kph once."

Yep...of course, anything's possible in your dreams...you're right about that...
Real funny boy, check your PM.
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

lol...if EA had gone for writing off the cars after it went over the edge (as mentioned in the interview posted by Fishwhiz) it would have really been painful.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

At EA Boards, someone posted this info about the demo:
Hi community
At the Games Convention I asked an official from EA about the release date of Need For Speed Carbon demo.
He told me that the demo for all ! plattforms will be released in the early ( very early ) of September.
He said that the demo will be the same as the playable version which could be played here.
This information was given to me with no guarantee ;-)
I hope, hope that is really true what he said.

regards

co bra

I hope you enjoy that information.....
Hope he is right.
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

Now that's some good news :D. Also it was speculated earlier too that the demo would be out sometime in September.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Apparently this demo is supposed to be released on September 3rd...but no platform was mentioned. They can't release a demo on all the platforms...so I'm guessing it would be a PS2 demo...The chances for a PC demo to come out this early are very slim indeed...

As for the Skyline subject...bah...it's pointless...no matter how much you try to educate people about a subject, they'll never listen to you and be in their stubborn ways...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote:As for the Skyline subject...bah...it's pointless...no matter how much you try to educate people about a subject, they'll never listen to you and be in their stubborn ways...
Same to you. 8)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

2furio wrote:...they'll never listen to you and be in their stubborn ways...
thats only human :D

i dont think the car is special, its just cool nothing more
i could care less if it is or isnt in carbon

if it is.. great, imma tune it XD
if it isnt.. ah well, too bad no probs

demo news seems cool, hope its pc :)
spuit*11
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spuit*11 »

2furio read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline_GT-R

Here are some excerpts.
Some tuning garages in Japan, UK, and Australia, have managed to upgrade the RB26DETT to power levels past 1000hp. Veilside, in Japan, has modified an R34 Skyline GTR to 1600hp. They have also modified an R32 Skyline GTR to accelerate to 300kmh in 13 seconds.
about the Nismo R34 Z-Tune wrote:The car became affectionately known as the "Mother of all GT-Rs" and is carries a price tag of about $170,000 US dollars. Nismo has stated that this car will be a limited edition, and only 20 will ever be made and sold.

During testing by Best Motoring at the Tsukuba Circuit, the Z-Tune was able to lap faster than the Ferrari 360. While the 360 has better power to weight ratio than the Z-Tune, the Z-tune has better torque to weight ratio than the 360. This has led to some dubbing the Nismo car as a "Ferrari killer."
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

r34-gtr wrote:I own a r32 gts-t and my brother owns a r33 gts-t, there completely stock just some minor mods and there still capable of low to flat 14 second quarter mile passes, which is pretty fast in my opinion for a stock street car.

I dont think skylines got "famous" from the fnf movies because 1: the yellow r33 was hardly noticed in fnf1 2: the silver r34 is only in the 2nd one for roughly 15 minutes 3: in tokyo drift the only r34 u see is the one flying past the veilside rx7 when sean is driving.

I think the skyline got "famous" because of its excellent performance, good looks, Beautiful sounding engine, its huge potential (capable of over 1000hp) and is able to perform with many european cars.

Considering it is a HEAVY car with only a 6 cylinder engine, and still manages 13 second 1/4 mile times is just awesome. The only other tuners i can think of that can manage that are supras, wrx's, and nsx's.

Sorry for the long post but i had to write something, im very bored atm and have nothing else to do :)
13-second 1/4 mile times are nothing, almost every car with 300 bhp and around 1500 kg is capable of that. Even the 3000GT, which is much heavier than a Skyline.

6-cylinder engine also means nothing. A Porsche 911 GT1 generates 600 bhp from a flat-6 twin turbo engine. And, before you say "it has only 600 bhp opposed to the Skyline's 1000!", mind you that the 911 is used for racing and reliability is required for endurance races. I doubt very much that a 1000 bhp Skyline engine would last through a race like the 24 Hours of Le Mans the same way the 911 engine did (and the 911 won the event in 1998).

Another example of low-displacement, 6-cylinder, twin-turbocharged engine that puts the Skyline's engine to shame is the 2.9-litre unit on the Porsche 959 (a car from the mid-80s, mind you), which generates approximately 450 bhp. It's known that the output of the Skyline engine is underrated (especially in the R34 models), but, as far as I know, no one mentioned it having over 320-350 bhp.

What the Skyline does have, though, is an exceptional AWD system, which is still among the most technologically advanced in the world, providing excellent grip to a heavy and non-aerodynamic car. In addition to this, it's known for having humiliated the Australian V8 Supercars race after race in the early nineties (so much that the Australians kicked Nissan out of the championship and restricted the competition to the domestics). The engine is strong but, as aforementioned, a serious racing Skyline would never boast 1000 bhp ratings because the engine would break down after a few laps of intense use.

All the rest we hear is fanboy talk. Even the praised 7:59 time at Nürburgring's Nordschleife is a fake (it was a heavily modified car). The Nismo Z-Tune mentioned above is a tuned car with an underrated power rating, whereas the Ferrari is bone stock.
X-voltZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by X-voltZ »

thw demo news are great :]
we can discust until carbon came out about what it's the better car, but everyone have a favorite one and will defend it so its pointless...we are all nfs "lovers" we have to stay in peace:)
sorry...my english is bad like hell...
NFS_ZawyeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by NFS_ZawyeR »

Well, then its "confirmed" that the Skyline is in NFS Carbon!! :D

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/831/8319 ... 59281.html

Atleast for the PSP :) (They CANT remove it from the console and PC version! )
spuit*11
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spuit*11 »

NFS_ZawyeR wrote:Well, then its "confirmed" that the Skyline is in NFS Carbon!! :D

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/831/8319 ... 59281.html

Atleast for the PSP :) (They CANT remove it from the console and PC version! )
Welcome to one page and a couple of threads ago.

Return to “Carbon”