is there any difference between the PS2 and the PS2 slim ?

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

is there any difference between the PS2 and the PS2 slim ?

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

this is because i gonna buy one .. but at the moment ,i can get it only in the slim-line model ..
thanks for your answers guys !! :)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

What's the difference?

One is slim and one isn't :\
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

hahaha :lol:
i meant if the slim have not things that the normal version have .. i dunno .. i though that cuz i see it so little :wink: .
thanx !
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Nah they both have exactly the same features.

I think The_Gravedigger told me that they moved the power adaptor to the outside of the unit to save space, or something like that.
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

the slim has a built in network adapter, so you dont have to buy one separate on the reg versian.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I recently replaced my original PS2 with a slimline when the old one finally bit the dust. It works great with all my PS2 titles, but I have to say that I've had some problems running PS games on it (GT1, GT2).

These discs run fine, but for some reason the picture is jumpy - it jerks up and down constantly. It's bad enough to make these old games unplayable.

Like I say however, PS2 games run just fine on it. Also, I have the PS2 slimline connected to my TV/capture card in the PC and I haven't tried it out on a real TV to see if there's any difference.

If you want to play any old games on the slimline, I suggest you take one or two discs with you into the store and ask the sales guy to let you test them out before you spend your dosh.

As for the differences, like people have said, the slimline has an external power adapter, comes with a network card built-in, it's top loading, so it must be laid flat, it's a lot quieter than my old one and it takes up WAY less space.
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

GT3x24x7 wrote:I recently replaced my original PS2 with a slimline when the old one finally bit the dust. It works great with all my PS2 titles, but I have to say that I've had some problems running PS games on it (GT1, GT2).

These discs run fine, but for some reason the picture is jumpy - it jerks up and down constantly. It's bad enough to make these old games unplayable.

Like I say however, PS2 games run just fine on it. Also, I have the PS2 slimline connected to my TV/capture card in the PC and I haven't tried it out on a real TV to see if there's any difference.

If you want to play any old games on the slimline, I suggest you take one or two discs with you into the store and ask the sales guy to let you test them out before you spend your dosh.

As for the differences, like people have said, the slimline has an external power adapter, comes with a network card built-in, it's top loading, so it must be laid flat, it's a lot quieter than my old one and it takes up WAY less space.
in a few words... it's better :wink:
thnaks GT3x !! :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Pleasure.

Return to “The Hardware & Software”