Carbon's online modes

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Carbon's online modes

Post by Bojan »

A few new features were revealed in IGN's Need for Speed Carbon Online Featurette article regarding both online and offline play. If we start with offline - a new feature available is the Shadow mode where you can record your run on a track and later race against it. Additionally you can download the current rankings leader run and run against it. Another new feature (intended especially for our Showroom users) is the photo mode. You will be able to take a photo of your car and upload it directly to NeedforSpeed.com where you'll be able to access it with your browser and share it around. Yes, this means the console users will finally be able to participate in our Showroom Challenges, which will of course return with the release of the game.
Moving to the online modes - there are 4 game modes: Circuit, Sprint, Speedtrap and Canyon Duel, all with extended online rankings - this year single player achievements are also ranked online. Additionally there's online co-op where you can race with up to 3 friends in any of 4 challenges and complete the Challenge together. If that doesn't turn you on, they're also promising 2 exclusive new modes which unfortunatly they won't reveal yet.
Online will also provide 4 special unlocks, 3 of which will be gained by playing an "infected" player in specific multiplayer modes. This will cause you to be infected as well meaning the unlocks will spread around like real viruses and when you contract all 3 viruses a piece of content will be unlocked.

In another IGN's article, titled Akuma's World #3, covering cars in Need for Speed Carbon, we have noticed two new cars being mentioned: Nissan 180SX and Jaguar XKE. Both have been added to our carlist.

Thanks to the guys at the forum for the info.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

now THAT is pretty dang sexy.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

nissan 180sx and a jag xke, nice! and the game mods too. cant wait to get my hands on it
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

very very nice new features and specially the police thing in the knockout.. =D>
Burn-Exhaust
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Burn-Exhaust »

pfffff where is the drift from the online ???????????????this is sux ...hmmmmmmmmmmm
i dont buy the full game this year .....i think will be a sux online this year more sux then nfs mw ..with a lot of cheaters and quitters
is ok i will play the pirated version
yaya
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yaya »

hmmmm, wheres the drag races
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Excellent to hear that there will be a Photo Mode feature in NFS Carbon (hopefully up to scratch with Gran Turismo’s attempt), but I’m just glad I can now enter competitions without the hassle of requesting cars. :P
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

@yaya: last i heard there was no drag mode. unless that has changed, i havnt been keeping up to date that much recently
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Wow, this is quite the surprise!! Perhaps there's still hope for a S15 Silvia!

Edit: Oh wait, is the 180SX the same thing as the 240SX? And XKE? That seems out of place considering it's a classic Jag. I would have expected the new XKR.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

This game just keeps getting better and better, glad i preordered....

Also who feels these 2 "Unrevealed" extra modes are gunna be something simple from old games like Drag or Drift...i reckon anyway...
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

omg now i'll guess that the jaguar will be muscle... but it dosen't fit in this game :o muscle means in my opinion; pure american muscles not UK :S
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

Now to make the game realistic, the Jag has to break down like all the time... for no reason, or just stupid ones...
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

so if your not racing online you dont get any content unlocks?
Gardner
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gardner »

Why the hell is the Outrun mode not back?
It was most fun online in NfS U2!
I realy hoped it would return in Carbon.
No Drag? Also bad!
I also hate that the underglow neon lights are not back. :(

But all other features of the game are realy great!
I like the Coop thing for the online part. :)

I think it will be like every year...
A realy great game that could be much better with a little mor work (without cutting nice features from games before)
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

joablo wrote:muscle means in my opinion; pure american muscles not UK :S
Agreed. I suppose it could fit in exotic.

EDIT: I'm really liking this photo mode. :D
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Ah! Now we like that 8) !! Finally an article on online NFSC! Racing others is so much more fun than singleplayers! Isn't every1 complaining about the AI cars...? Well, there certainly is no such prob online ;)

But now in NFSC, cmon, I mean:

1. Canyon Duel: I definately look forward to this type of racing! I've always liked the circuit-mode mountain tracks in NFSU2, how you really had to drive clean to get the best result, but this Canyon-thing looks so much faster, thus cooler! I think I'll park lots of cars down in the valley of the mountain ;)

2. The Virus Achievements: veeery nice! I've always wondered since NFSU1 why u couldn't unlock stuff as a reward of online achievements...

3. Singleplayer Leaderboards online: no more creating own lists or WR sites, simply view the results online! So cool, mayb practicing 500 laps on 1 track is finally going to pay off :)

But also offline: the shadow mode! That is so cool! I mean, have you thought of it: I often have 2 cars that I drive online for different trks. Like the RX7, Integra and MX5 in NFSU1, AE86 and Corsa in NFSU2, M3 and Lotus Elise in NFSMW, and this shadow mode can help u test and see which car is faster on which part of the track yay :lol: !!

And I wonder what the 2 exclusive online modes will be.... :roll:

Just 1 thing I'm concerned about: I'm afraid, like NFSU2 and NFSMW, u can only create 1 online profile per registraioncode. I hoooooooope NOT, ESPECIALLY for NFSC b/c u can do these Online Co-op Challenge Series with family members! But I'm afraid EA again won't allow that. And no, I'm not going to buy the game twice just to create 2 online profiles...... :cry: :cry:
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Abrams wrote:so if your not racing online you dont get any content unlocks?
yea suppose so. I wonder what "content" means ;) prolly parts orso, mayb even cars?! I really hope it stimulates ppl to race online! The more, the merrier :)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Online racing is full of cheaters last time i tryed it out.

btw, no drag at all in Carbon? :\
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

jup, strange that NFSC has no drag! And about the cheaters: NFSU1 was packed with cheaters, it decreased in NFSU2 and I've never seen a cheater in NFSMW. Except ppl trying out the copcars, taxi's and big trucks online :)

Hope you give it a try in NFSC...
Burn-Exhaust
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Burn-Exhaust »

Bauke777 wrote: I've never seen a cheater in NFSMW. Except ppl trying out the copcars, taxi's and big trucks online :)
Bauke777 you never saw cheaters in MW because you maybe dont play so much ...i`ve played MW every day like 6-7 hours per day and after a wille i`ve got bored about the cheaters and quitters ...and i`ve stop playing ...
And the cheats what is useing in MW online is like infinite nos, fast acceleration, ghost mode , and in drag no blown engine and no trafic ...and when a player when lose a race he disconnect to dont lose his skill ...that is sux
Or you dident saw cheaters in MW because maybe you are one of them
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Bauke777 wrote:jup, strange that NFSC has no drag! And about the cheaters: NFSU1 was packed with cheaters, it decreased in NFSU2 and I've never seen a cheater in NFSMW. Except ppl trying out the copcars, taxi's and big trucks online :)

Hope you give it a try in NFSC...
U1 had massive cheating. So much that I stopped going online after that game. U2 and MW I played strictly single player career.
polish_pimp69
Stock
Stock

Post by polish_pimp69 »

do you think that for xbox 360 they will come out with content that you can perchase or download for free from the xbox live marketplace?
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

This is so so so good . . . . . . expecially for using the cops
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Burn-Exhaust wrote:
Bauke777 wrote: I've never seen a cheater in NFSMW. Except ppl trying out the copcars, taxi's and big trucks online :)
Bauke777 you never saw cheaters in MW because you maybe dont play so much ...i`ve played MW every day like 6-7 hours per day and after a wille i`ve got bored about the cheaters and quitters ...and i`ve stop playing ...
And the cheats what is useing in MW online is like infinite nos, fast acceleration, ghost mode , and in drag no blown engine and no trafic ...and when a player when lose a race he disconnect to dont lose his skill ...that is sux
Or you dident saw cheaters in MW because maybe you are one of them
hey burn :) I've raced met you several times in NFSU2. Remember: u teached me the nitro-on-land-after-jump-to-get-speed-boost thing ;) And ur right, in the start I used to play a lot online in NFSMW, but I got bored. Not as much as u, but like 10 hours a week, online only (haven't got more time). I haven't played NFSMW for 4 months but I started playing a week ago. But wow, I have to take my words back then, so ppl are cheating nowadays in NFSMW. I must say: I wondered why every1 got so fast!!

Kinda off-topic but I guess there's prolly no such thing as a NFSMW cheat detector?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Kinda off topic? How are any of the last posts in any way related to the topic? They're not even connected to Carbon, let alone the new game's online modes. Get back to it please.

Return to “News”