Logitech Momo wheel on NFSMW vs on NFSU2

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
clinthammer
Stock
Stock

Logitech Momo wheel on NFSMW vs on NFSU2

Post by clinthammer »

Well I originally bought the Logitech Momo wheel for NFSU2 but after a few rounds found out the wheel was not suited to it since the game was arcadish! The keyboard was easier.

I still have the wheel but packed away in its box. Is there any difference using it on NFS MW? How is the response and any other problems?

I love the keyboard with this game but just wanna know if the wheel is worth using?

Thanks,
CD
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

I have the same exact wheel and both games (my sig). From my personal experience, the "response" or turn is better in MW than UG2. Like for UG2 I feel a slip, but mainly that might be just me driving too fast and taking corners too strong...

However, I find it easier to beat one MW tollbooth with a keyboard, becuase you can't really turn it that well on S curves in the first or second tollboth in challenge mode... It was easier with the kb at that point..

However, over all ever since I went to the wheel I would always play with the wheel, also the fact that I spent like $80 on it or whatever, so yeah
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

I hate that wheel ...

1) If you try to turn slightly, it doesn't turn at all.
2) If you turn it a little more, it turns more than you're expecting it to.
3) It's not as responsive as it should be.
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

Jmac- wrote:I hate that wheel ...

1) If you try to turn slightly, it doesn't turn at all.
2) If you turn it a little more, it turns more than you're expecting it to.
3) It's not as responsive as it should be.

All of the above are true however you can adjust the sensitivity of it in the Logitech Profiler thing. On the bottom left corner where the axis' are, just left-click that button to the right, (I think it's green or blue), and you can adjust the sensitivity of it :). I barely learned about it too, :O. It helped me...
RevIt66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RevIt66 »

I have had the momo since NFSU and it has worked flawlessly except for a couple of mods that i have done early on in the piece, Thanks to Mozso for this mod...

http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e1.html

But other than that, after playing with the settings, it's all been good.

Cheers
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

Hey that's a good find -- although I don't have many problems with it.

Thanks a lot!
RevIt66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RevIt66 »

jhwee wrote:Hey that's a good find -- although I don't have many problems with it.

Thanks a lot!

No problem :D

You must be one of the lucky one's :)

Cheers
Mosling
Stock
Stock

Logitech Momo

Post by Mosling »

Hi!

I`ve just bought the Logitech MOMO wheel but when I try to use it on NFS MW its all Fu**** up.. Ebrake is always on and the throttle on max all the time and so on. Anybody got any idea why this is happening?! Driving me nuts :P
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

Are any of your buttons pressed/stuck on the wheel? I mean one of the six buttons must be bound to it.. Also install the updated drivers and run calibration in the Game Controller thing in Control Panel...
RevIt66
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Logitech Momo

Post by RevIt66 »

Mosling wrote:Hi!

I`ve just bought the Logitech MOMO wheel but when I try to use it on NFS MW its all Fu**** up.. Ebrake is always on and the throttle on max all the time and so on. Anybody got any idea why this is happening?! Driving me nuts :P
The game itself has the feeling of the EBrake being on all the time, its part of the coding and been whinged about on the ea forums, F**ked up but a reality :P

Not sure what you mean about the throttle though :S
Ceanou
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ceanou »

I have a Logitech MOMO wheel and it works just fine, works like a dream with any racing game for me. I also have a Microsoft force feedback wheel, but that one the force feedback is a bit weird on some racing games in my opinion.
Moose1309
Stock
Stock

Re: Logitech Momo

Post by Moose1309 »

Mosling wrote:Hi!

I had to enable "single axis" for the pedals instead of separate throttle and brake - on my Logitech DFP. This was for the demo. Otherwise it thought I was holding down the brake (pedal) all the time.
soulwave47
Stock
Stock

Microsoft Sidewinder

Post by soulwave47 »

Ok so i got this Microsoft Force Feeback Wheel and i swear that thing DOES NOT work in MW. It runs ok in U and U2..but in MW the pedals are not recognized. My friend has the same wheel and he's got the same problem. What can i do. I would love to play the game with the wheel. (i know it's harder but it's more.fun)
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

I have a Logitech Formula Force GP with Force Feedback and everything runs great!!

Though i had to get used to the extremely responsive steering in MW, just a little tap at the wheels and it steers already
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?

Return to “Help & Support”