Carbon and Widescreen

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Zenith Mist
Ricer
Ricer

Carbon and Widescreen

Post by Zenith Mist »

Ok, i cannot seem to get my head around this.

They provide us with these amazing "screen shots" and preview videos of the game, and they are pretty much all in widescreen format. Then why do they decide to release the game without any support for widescreen, it doesn't make sense. One of the main reasons why I bought a widescreen monitor was because newer games should support widescreen resolutions.

i know that you can get patches and stuff to change the resolution in some games, like U1 and U2. I HAVE used one for U2. And one thing i can tell you and others that have used the tools to use widescreen resolutions would tell you that its not great. This is because the speedo/maps etc stretch and it does not look good.

But getting back to the point, why do they provide us with midescreen material and then only allow 4:3 resolutions in the final product?
Athlon64 X2 4400+ (OC@2.5Ghz)
2GBCorsairTwinX 2-3-3-6
2x256MB Sapphire x1600XT Crossfire
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Because all of the screens and videos come from the Xbox360 version of Carbon...it's as simple as that.

But I do agree that they should provide widescreen support for PC. I mean, c'mon. NFS 3: Hot Pursuit had widescreen/fullscreen options.

Return to “Carbon”