Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

Picc84 wrote:
Driv2Slow wrote:
danyutz wrote:found it on gameshop.ro, but it's the normal version, it costs ~34$ ... I've asked about the CE vers ... but I'm almost sure that they don't know what that is :lol:
if you mean the cost for the CE version, price for PC~$40, Xbox~$60 as well as PS2 for ~&60, not sure of anything else :lol:
CE? I hope 60 isent the base price...
Collectors edition will be $70 most likely
Picc84
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Picc84 »

What will be the diffrence?!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

NFS C: Mobile-Version available in the UK

Developed by Electronic Arts, Need for Speedâ„¢ Carbon challenges players to the ultimate adrenaline-filled test of driving skill both on the street and on treacherous canyon roads. Providing an extra dimension to mobile gaming, Need for Speedâ„¢ Carbon is available in both 2D and 3D, making the extreme racing and steep canyon drops even more realistic. Drivers can also race against their friends by selecting a multiplayer mode, letting players experience the thrill of the chase against someone they know.

Antony Douglas, Head of O2 Games, comments, “Mobile gaming is rapidly becoming more sophisticated, catching up with traditional methods of gameplay by offering more and more content which was previously only available on platforms such as the PC, Xbox® or PlayStation®2. With the launch of Need for Speed™ Carbon on the mobile, O2 is ensuring that gamers’ overall mobile gaming experience is as exhilarating and stimulating as possible, with the added advantage of offering the excitement of the game wherever, whenever.”

Downloading Need for Speed™ Carbon from the O2 Games arcade is easy. Simply connect to O2 Active on your O2 mobile phone* and choose the Games Arcade option. O2 states that the game costs a one off £5 and this will appear on your bill or will be deducted from your pre-pay credit. Need for Speed™ Carbon will also be available through the EA games section of the i-mode® service from O2. The O2 Games Arcade is updated weekly so there’s always something new to try for all tastes. For more information log on to http://www.o2.co.uk/games.

O2 Gaming Mondays

O2 games fans can also enjoy mobile entertainment as part of O2’s Long Weekend proposition. On any Monday in December, O2 will be offering gamers a free mobile game** to download from a choice of four great EA titles – including Need for Speed™ Carbon. The other EA games are The Sims™ 2, Tetris ® and EA SPORTS™ FIFA 06 and they are available to all Pay Monthly & Pay & Go customers on both i-mode and O2 Active. In order to get the free game, customers just need to call 2112 from their O2 mobile and the link will be sent directly to their handset.

*If you don't have O2 Active on your phone, txt Active to 2020 or visit http://www.o2.co.uk to download the settings to your phone. Standard browsing charges apply.

'i-mode' and the 'i-mode' logo are trade marks or registered trade marks of NTT DoCoMo Inc. in Japan and other countries

** Offer is limited to one free game per customer under this promotion

'i-mode' and the 'i-mode' logo are trade marks or registered trade marks of NTT DoCoMo Inc. in Japan and other countries

** Offer is limited to one free game per customer under this promotion

Source: http://www.nfs-planet.de
Picc84
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Picc84 »

wishing i lived in the uk...
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

I hate how that pc games sales has dropped so they bump up the prices. $70 seems way to much. $60 seems more reasonable.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Hmm, just realized something.

Remember the in-game pics that xboxfront.de posted a while ago? They seem to have been pulled and are no longer available.

Veeery interesting...
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

=O the release date is gonna extend! those werent real in game screens *gasp*

*runs in circles*
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

Flameking wrote:=O the release date is gonna extend! those werent real in game screens *gasp*

*runs in circles*
What?
They're not going to extend the release date because a non-official site pulled some screenshots.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Flameking wrote:=O the release date is gonna extend! those werent real in game screens *gasp*
Geez, what's eating you? The pics were most likely pulled because EA didn't release them officially and didn't want word getting out on the rest of the car list. Either way, the fact that the pics were pulled confirms that they were real pics and that the cars are in the game.
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

slaer07 wrote:
Collectors edition will be $70 most likely
$100 for the standard edition here
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

prince1142003 wrote:
Geez, what's eating you? The pics were most likely pulled because EA didn't release them officially and didn't want word getting out on the rest of the car list. Either way, the fact that the pics were pulled confirms that they were real pics and that the cars are in the game.
dont wry guys u can still see all of them on NFS Planet
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: In the driving seat of my Mitsubishi GTO or Eclipse GT 07

Post by gtouk21 »

just saw the pics. looks lovely. 21 cars on track i saw. But what i've noticed about MW was that it tends to lag on ps2 if too much is going on. Never heard of games lagging on console. Thats why i am definitely getting a hard drive for the ps2. loading time quicker and eliminate lagging.
Muscles suck. Tuners and Exotics Rule. Mitsubishi foreva
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The PS2 version does not have 20 cars the PS2 and XBOX versions are downgraded versions of Carbon, and they will not feature the 20 car races. they only got 4 cars max to lower specs.
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gtouk21 »

so much for that idea. back to 4 on track. rather junk one.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

TheStig wrote:The PS2 version does not have 20 cars the PS2 and XBOX versions are downgraded versions of Carbon, and they will not feature the 20 car races. they only got 4 cars max to lower specs.
whaaaat.
im so pissed now
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gtouk21 »

join the club. what i don't understand, really don't understand, PC games are on CD's, compressed, and when they are installed they are about 2-3 GB, console games are about 4.7GB on DVD's, and still the gameplay is limited to PC versions. what a load of bollocks
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Not long until release now :D
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

SliM_880 wrote:
TheStig wrote:The PS2 version does not have 20 cars the PS2 and XBOX versions are downgraded versions of Carbon, and they will not feature the 20 car races. they only got 4 cars max to lower specs.
whaaaat.
im so pissed now
they're both very old consoles now. be glad the game was even ported to them at all.
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

WonkaVW wrote:
SliM_880 wrote:
whaaaat.
im so pissed now
they're both very old consoles now. be glad the game was even ported to them at all.
Yeah thats why i sold my ps2, the console was starting to struggle on games, mightclub 3, i started getting lag on that game and same with MW. Carbon will probably run like crap on it i reckon.
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

You don't understand why 20 cars are too much on the PS2? Really? You don't? Have you even checked how other latest games run on the PS2? The less-than-decent framerates?

You could have 20 cars in a single race in PS2. If you could enjoy playing a game in a constant 10-15 frames per second.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

they could at least have 10. was it too much being chased by 5-20 cops at a time too much?
and i dont get how ea cant make the graphics similar to gt4 which is only for the plastation 2.

and another thing for ea to think about:
playstation 2s are the most popular and used game console, yet is is the wosrt game system right now for carbon. ea needs to focus a little on the more popular game systems so they could mabbey make more money for better future games.
ps2 does not have to be outdated, because a ps3 makes it look smaller and less...... you know, but a ps3 is a ps2 that produses better graphics.
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Yeah, but by providing a better console, with better graphics, they know that the hardcore gamers will fork out the big bucks for a new console, then EA can charge more for its games etc. You think they give a rats ass about the customers? Its the fatcats in there limo's that decide the outcome of the gaming industry
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gtouk21 »

typical of EA. THE ONLY GOOD GAME THEY PRODUCE they cant even make properly. little experience they have. maybe they should put a new post up for programmers and graphic designers.
RamonFett
Stock
Stock

Post by RamonFett »

Fishwhiz wrote: and another thing for ea to think about:
playstation 2s are the most popular and used game console, yet is is the wosrt game system right now for carbon. ea needs to focus a little on the more popular game systems so they could mabbey make more money for better future games.
ps2 does not have to be outdated, because a ps3 makes it look smaller and less...... you know, but a ps3 is a ps2 that produses better graphics.
really?? stop for a moment and think...ps2 is the most popular console now, ok, and i agree, but is also known that ps2 is easy to make it read ilegal copies, and EA doesnt want this. what they do? they do the game for the next gen consoles, because now they are expensive, but in a little time from now a lot of people will have it, and with those ppl they will earn money, not with users form ps2 or xbox

in my opinion I will buy the game for x360 or ps3, because they will rule the game scene in a few time right now

and finally, ps3 is NOT a ps2 with better graphics, xD

pd: sorry by my bad english
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

@ gtouk21 & somekindofmonster

1. EA has better games than NFS.
2. EA has more experience than you.
3. EA does care about its customers, if they didn't we wouldn't get most of the features that we take for granted in games. Most people forget that there are licensing problems and god knows what else that prevents the customers having exactly what they want. Besides if the developers dumped all the latest features in one game, what would be the point of creating another one?

I also dislike monopolies, but it also pisses me off when people patronise and then end up buying the game. Stick to one story.

Return to “Carbon”