NFSC PC Demo Review - Post yours here

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

hmmm, i disabled the motion blur which i really hate, and the FPS increased about 10-12 FPS, the performance is much better now, 50 for menus (30 gameplay), but i still dont like the looks of the PC version, its like its not even next-gen. :roll:
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

i said that before , man :D
Try turning off motion blur will increase fps alot , but i noticed that it will not only turn off motion blur but also "depth of field" and some special effect in the game too Neutral
btw Motion Blur really sucked this time
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yea i turned it off right away also. it makes you think you are wearing glasses that arent yours
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

gonna have to say that i'm quite happy with the demo, although drift is waaaaayyyy different than normal, its like constantly having the handbrake up... But its fun and i have gotten the hang of it.

And as for performance, yeah im impressed, it runs pretty damn good on my Radeon 9550 256mb, nice and smooth on about medium settings, and its not overclocked. I still will need to get a better card though as i want to jack it upto max gfx. My current setup is AMD Sempron 3000+, 1gb ram (2x512ddr400) 250gb HDD. So can't wait til the full version is out in shops and i get my CE
frankie123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by frankie123 »

they should give us different modes on motion blur or at least like levels hi low medium

the one they had this year sux shelong
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

this is the first time i feel im happy im going to get nfsc on ps2 :)
from all the comments above the pc version sucks... at least the demo pc version...

EDIT: and because of the comment below :P
Last edited by SliM_880 on 28 Oct 2006, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

I think it was bad. first, it's the same god damn demo as the ps2 and xbox (afaik). second, the game runs like shiznit. athlon64 3700+, geforce 6600GT 256mb and 1gb ddr400 runs at max 30fps with 800X600, AA 2X, bilinear texture filtering, motionblur and particle filter turned of, the rest at highest. i really did like the camaro, lambo and evo sucked. autosculpt is nice but abit overhyped.
Redshift
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redshift »

Hey guys, I think I know what's the problem with the pc demo. EA has just "adapted" the ps2 demo for the pc, they don't build a full new demo for PC users, so it could explain why it is so ugly and one step lower than what we have expected...
I'm sure the final version will be much better, watch the first screen of Carbon, it can't be worst...
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Yippies!...the demo works fine..

gives me 80-100 fps in the menu LOL!!

and 70-90 fps during gameplay along with ALL options ON..and AA at 2x @1280x1024

I FEEL LIKE THE LUCKIEST GUY ALIVE :lol:
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

well if you post your settings and fps, you might consider posting your PC specs... :roll:
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

t3ice wrote:Yippies!...the demo works fine..

gives me 80-100 fps in the menu LOL!!

and 70-90 fps during gameplay along with ALL options ON..and AA at 2x @1280x1024

I FEEL LIKE THE LUCKIEST GUY ALIVE :lol:
sweeeeeeeet :D
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

baadmw wrote:well if you post your settings and fps, you might consider posting your PC specs... :roll:
Well actually..my Pc is brand new..and stuff.. :)

P4 Core2duo E6600 o.c. @ 2.8Ghz
Nvidia 7900 GTX o.c.
2Gb corsair DDR II 800Mhz
Asus P5N Sli mobo
160Gb SATA + 80Gb ATA
...and so one

I know some other ppl who have got better results then me though :rolleyes:
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Redshift wrote:Hey guys, I think I know what's the problem with the pc demo. EA has just "adapted" the ps2 demo for the pc, they don't build a full new demo for PC users, so it could explain why it is so ugly and one step lower than what we have expected...
I'm sure the final version will be much better, watch the first screen of Carbon, it can't be worst...
And you base this information on what? Has you read anything that a Dev has written some were or? If so give us a link. :)
Redshift
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redshift »

well actualmly, I've done some computer programming, and I know how hard it is to release a computer program and improve it, in time.
So I've guessed that they are most focused on the final product than the demo...
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

EAComSmoothie has been buttering us up about what Redshift's saying lately, saying that EA is focusing on the full game rather than the demo. Once again, it feels like they only rushed (yes, rushed) the demo out, and I really believe we can expect better from the full game.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

even though my graphics were set to 800x600, they looked awesome.

racing with 8 people is GREAT!! i cant imagine how it would be with 20 racers..... :twisted:

Autosculpt: Cool, but in the full version you'll get even more....

Racing: good handling, although the difficulty for this demo on a scale from 0-10 (10 is heighest) it was -10.... :roll:

BTW: i cant see the problems you guys have with the graphics. Look at the picture and:
Graphics were 800x600, the rest was stock (read: low), and they already look great...
Attachments
This is the Camaro. Probably one of the coolest cars i've ever build.....
<br />too bad you cant change the colors...
This is the Camaro. Probably one of the coolest cars i've ever build.....
too bad you cant change the colors...
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
Redshift
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redshift »

Is there someone who has seen the trailer on MTV about Carbon ? What it is about ?

And by the way, if you're afraid of the final "shape" of the game, just look the autosculpted cars exemple in the quicktime videos, on the official website of Carbon. They will give you great hope for the 1st/9th november !
Last edited by Redshift on 28 Oct 2006, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

RVD wrote: BTW: i cant see the problems you guys have with the graphics. Look at the picture and:
Graphics were 800x600, the rest was stock (read: low), and they already look great...
I'm with you on that, im running mine on 800x600 too and getting great performance and graphics. I should get a new card soon though which will change all that.
And i see all these posts with kickass computers running shiznit fps... i don't understand.
And my comp is pretty decent, just the gfx card needs updating.

I had quite a good time playing the game, the Evo was a cornering monster on the canyon duel, but i prefered the Camaro's oversteering.

edit: This game is going to be so awesome with a Logitech G-25 Steering wheel, i noticed in the controls a clutch button. This game has been made for the G-25 i reckon.
Full 6-speed manual and clutch, but i dunno if im willing to fork out 500 bucks for a steering wheel
Xzidique
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Xzidique »

I did not find any amusement playing the NFS:C. It just not gives me the same felling that I had with the NFS:MW the last year...This game I am pretty damn sure that it did not designed by a Game Designer but from a producer.

//review PCvsX360 demo versions

pc specs:a)AMD X2 4600,2GB DDR 667,Nvidia 7950 512GDDR3,1280x1024 LCD monitor
Windows XP Pro SP2 32bit//Windows Vista RC1 32bit//Windows Vista 64 RC1
x64 (not Functioning)
b)Intel 3.0Ghz HT,1GB DDR 400,Nvidia 7600GT 256GDDR,1280x1024 LCD
monitor,Windows XP pro SP2 32bit
Xbox360 Specs:20GB HDD, 2mbps XboxLive Gold,Wireless Controller,37'' HDTV 1080i

In both Versions the The Demo is the Same.The X360 Version is way ahead from the PC version in the quality of the visuals because you get the Geometry Shaders running fine
in a D3D10 device used from the console.It is really Sharp and cool even when you are using both HD resolutions 720p or 1080i.It gives you the feeling that runs above 35-45 fps and you get the Maxed out XPerience from it, but when it has to calculate lots of particles the frame rate goes below 24fps some times using the 1080i resolution.

The demo on AMD(1280x1024 2xantalliasing): It runs really fast above 38 fps all the time and you dont get the Exact quality of the Visuals (I mean the Blur FX sucks if you compare it with X360).ALL the Visual Features have been placed to the Highest level of Detail
In both 32bit OSs the game runs ok and slightly better on Vista 32bit but it gives you the felling that is really heavy for the system.Uses lots of the CPU power according to MS Task Manager.On XP and Vista x64 the game fails to run.

The Demo on Intel(800x600 no antialliasing):Awfull framerate bellow 20 all the time.If you consider that the 7600GT is 6800GT with 128bit memory bus and 12.3GBps of memory bandwidth you realise that there is a problem.If you Disable the most of the Graphics features you get a shiznit old game visual Experience which will make you feel that your computer is a pentium @1000mhz with a TNT2 GPU.But at least you can play it. :)

(SOUND)----=Kicks ASS=----

Gameplay:I have a serious problem playing the game on Xbox because allover those years I am Using Keyboard for the NFS frachise and I am addicted now...
I didnt like the Drifting session because its not like the underground series that it was beatifull.

With this post I dont want to persue anyone not to buy this game. I am telling a few things that anoyed me as a PC user Even if I have an X360.I own Every NFS Game for the Last Decade Starting from the first one on 1996.I am really dissapointed at the moment with EA because they forget from where they were begun and who was its target Audience.
And for me that I live in Europe and that I will have to pay 80% more on the Price of the game than if I were in US is a really big issue.Anyway I hope the actual Game to run faster on more low Spec PCs because there are Massive amount of Fans WORLDWIDE that they dont Have Up2 Date PCs with Fancy CPUs and VGAs.
TRANCEnHOUSE
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TRANCEnHOUSE »

ppl turn off Motion Blur.It sucks!The game looks terible with motion blur.U cant see any textures exept motion blur and its eats FPS very much..

bad english so i couldnt say better :D

My my pc and options.
PC: AMD Athlon 4200+ Dual core,1,28GB DDR400,PCI-E 7600GT 560/1400 overclocked @ 600/1750mhz.
Game Options:
1280x1024 (i would play on 1024x800,but i have LCD 19",i must play on default..)
4xAA and everything on and max exept:
Motion blur off (looks terible and runs terible,so of course its off)
World detail High (with Maximum dont looks a lot of better then High,almost the same and but it's saves 2fps)
Shaider Detail Medium (High is better,but with 1280x1024 rezoliotion i cant run game nicely)
Game runs about 28-35fps.
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

By the way, to everyone complaining that the game fails to run under XP and Vista 64-bit, you have obviously not checked the demo's readme, that clearly states that 64-bit OSes are not supported. If that isn't a demo only thing, however, EA is getting another uproar against it.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I run 25-30 fps in the demo with 1024x768, Shader detail High, World detail Low, Road Reflection detail Low, and everything else high and on (except my grayed-out motion blur. :> It's useless anyways. Annoys me...)

Specs:
ATI Radeon 9600XT
AMD AthlonXP 1600 (OC'ed by 2GHz, makes 1.6GHz)
Asus A7V mobo
Some kind of ram, 1.5GB

25-30fps. I'm happy enough. :D
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

Just as I realized that handling becomes much easier with my dual-analog controller (obviously Carbon isn't keyboard-friendly, unlike MW), now I've started getting all kinds of crashes just like many other users. One just after selecting the first race, one after completing the drift and heading for the canyon... It's getting really annoying. Especially the fact that I have to remap the buttons every single time to the style that I'm used to.
TRANCEnHOUSE
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TRANCEnHOUSE »

Im using controler with analogs too,like this just black :)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

fastfart wrote:physics is no where near MW. No sense of speed. lighting is pretty poor. My EVO passed the stupid opponent in canyon race within 5 secs at the first corner on my first go.
Probably a bug. Happened to me a few times, you start close to Kenji and simply outaccelerate him on the first straight.

I also noticed that the car automatically countersteers in drift.. :/

Also recommend you guys to buy analog gamepads, makes the game alot easier to control.

Return to “Carbon”