NFSC PC Demo Review - Post yours here

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Madvil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Madvil »

t3ice wrote:Yippies!...the demo works fine..

gives me 80-100 fps in the menu LOL!!

and 70-90 fps during gameplay along with ALL options ON..and AA at 2x @1280x1024

I FEEL LIKE THE LUCKIEST GUY ALIVE :lol:
I fell the same somehow, I got a p4 @ 3.2 Ghz with Radeon X850XT Platinum and 1.5 RAM and didn't faced any problem 8)
You will never know!
SJ_PleaseDontShootMe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SJ_PleaseDontShootMe »

Well well.. Feels more of a sequel to NFSU2 than MW.
I do like most wanted lot, but this feels ok..
Still need to get used to it a bit but hell, its pretty nice..
Its different than older ones but very easy and fun to drive.
It runs smooth as hell its all about dropping down details and finding
the balance.. sorta like it.. the v8s at least.. :roll:
Oh yeah gotta add i hate night driving.. i was so happy when MW was during
daytime.. maybe the next one will be in the daytime :)
MaryJane
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaryJane »

SJ_PleaseDontShootMe wrote:Well well.. Feels more of a sequel to NFSU2 than MW.
I disagree... Because NFSU2 didn´t have cops, exotics or muscles...
I think it´s not so much like MW either...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Played the demo for about 30 min, i got 393,000 in drifting, i'll work on getting more soon. 8)

------------------

Am i so good, or is he so stupid :lol: ?

PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I got 448.775 on my first try with a muscle car. :P

Even though drift is kinda fake.. It's quite enjoyable.
geese howard
Ricer
Ricer

Post by geese howard »

fastfart wrote:physics is no where near MW. No sense of speed. lighting is pretty poor.
Totally agree.
Wait for full version...
SJ_PleaseDontShootMe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

MaryJane wrote:
SJ_PleaseDontShootMe wrote:Well well.. Feels more of a sequel to NFSU2 than MW.
I disagree... Because NFSU2 didn´t have cops, exotics or muscles...
I think it´s not so much like MW either...
Lmao thats why i said a sequel and not an addon ;)

EDIT:Damned i noticed yer a fin too.. damn i envy you, just last night
it was a big storm here, its dark and cold, rains all day and wind is terrible :(
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

This sucks

Post by fasttasf »

jg
Last edited by fasttasf on 29 Oct 2006, 00:31, edited 2 times in total.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
Cargozer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cargozer »

Well, the demo was short, but what I can say about it, is that you can finally notice a difference between each type of car, the musics heard in the demo are good, the graphics seemed to be updated from most wanted, yet the game works maybe even better than most wanted for me, and with better graphics too. And the autosculpt is a good addition to the car modding. As a minus, the demo is buggy, crashes, gets stuck sometimes etc, but I'm sure (or at least hope) that these bugs in the demo will be fixed in the full game. The canyon duel seems like a good new idea, and the AI in it acts a bit different each time, sometimes Its "too" easy, sometimes not, sometimes I end up losing a bit.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

PSZeTa wrote:I got 448.775 on my first try with a muscle car. :P
GG, I can't get more than 300k with the chevy :oops:

Anyway, my short review:

I liked the demo A LOT. First of all because I managed to run it without lag with my Radeon 9000proII 128MB... 640x480 and low detail though :P But, I still managed to enjoy the game.

Graphics simply rock! Particle effects could be a bit more fluent though, but I bet that's my gfx issue. Menu is done so well, I wanted to cry when I saw it... it's perfectly designed, I just love it! Those flares that fly around the car... such a nice additon. So are the camera controls... awesome, just awesome!

Gameplay is way better than any other "customizable NFS" IMO, really fluent, unrealistic as hell, but enjoyable as never! Especially the drift mode... plain arcade, 0 realism, pure fun. Loving it.

Loved the Canyon duel, seems like I'm the only guy who had a bit of challenge on the first try, I don't know am I retarded or are those who say it's too easy a bunch of NFS gods :?

Autosculpt promises a lot, didn't notice any bugs which I expected, like polygon interferring and such, was relieved. Can't wait to see the graphic customization of Carbon...

Good job EA, atleast you satisfied my needs for speed :lol:
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

you like acrade kids games, that's fine with me. But I don't agree with you on the graphics, it's bloody awful! Maybe I just don't like driving at night.
Dragster wrote:
PSZeTa wrote:I got 448.775 on my first try with a muscle car. :P
GG, I can't get more than 300k with the chevy :oops:

Anyway, my short review:

I liked the demo A LOT. First of all because I managed to run it without lag with my Radeon 9000proII 128MB... 640x480 and low detail though :P But, I still managed to enjoy the game.

Graphics simply rock! Particle effects could be a bit more fluent though, but I bet that's my gfx issue. Menu is done so well, I wanted to cry when I saw it... it's perfectly designed, I just love it! Those flares that fly around the car... such a nice additon. So are the camera controls... awesome, just awesome!

Gameplay is way better than any other "customizable NFS" IMO, really fluent, unrealistic as hell, but enjoyable as never! Especially the drift mode... plain arcade, 0 realism, pure fun. Loving it.

Loved the Canyon duel, seems like I'm the only guy who had a bit of challenge on the first try, I don't know am I retarded or are those who say it's too easy a bunch of NFS gods :?

Autosculpt promises a lot, didn't notice any bugs which I expected, like polygon interferring and such, was relieved. Can't wait to see the graphic customization of Carbon...

Good job EA, atleast you satisfied my needs for speed :lol:
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
The_Flash_2K7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The_Flash_2K7 »

Tested the demo on Intel Pentium 4 3000 MHz, 1536 Mb (PC3200 DDR SDRAM), Radeon X1650 Pro (256 Mb), Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)

At 800x600 everything at max i get a maximum of 51 fps and an average of 36

At 1024x760 same settings as above i get a maximum of 38 fps and an average of 25

Overall i think the demo is ''okay''. Its obvious that EA didn't put much effort into optimising the demo. Hopefully the final product will run better *crosses fingers* :P 7/10 rating.
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

I don't get why people are complaining about the peroformance. I played it on my old computer as well to gauge the performance level

P4 3.0
1GB PC3200
FX5200 Ultra
onboard sound

Everything on medium settings on 1024x768 was totally playable. At least 30fps. On my new Conroe system I can crank everything up to the max on 1280x1024 and I still get smooth performance. Game is great.
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

i played the demo for about 2 hours to get the feel of it and what can i say ... i totally like it drift is the best i got over 800k and there's room for more the canyon race is thrilling if you push it to the limit
this demo si just like the first teaser .. short
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

What can i say about the Demo...
Well it's short too short i may say but it's great to give you a taste of the real game.
I think i know why EA made such a small demo, it's cuz they know they are late with the demo and the full game is coming in 1 week so what is the point of a big demo when in 1 week or less the full game appears?
If i were to rate it i would give it:
Graphics: 9/10
Sound: 9.3/10
Gameplay: 8.6/10
Impression: 9.5/10
Overall: 9.1/10
SJ_PleaseDontShootMe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Btw i dont think the demo is that "small"..
i mean it has 3 cars, 3 different racestyles.. i think the ppl nowadays are spoiled ;D
I like it even more after lil playing.. too bad it crash-a-lot :/
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

WTF! canyon racing was freak'n awesome!
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

Overall, the demo is OK.
IMO the Drift is the best part, as u need to drive fast to get points.
The Camaro is fun to drive, especially in Canyon duel and Drift.
EVO IX is the best car in the demo IMO......
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

I liked the demo. Got through the circuit race and the drift in the first try. Drifting was a surprising change. Didn't expect the car to go like wet soap on a marble floor. And, I still haven't been able to beat the canyon duel. :oops:
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

fasttasf wrote:But I don't agree with you on the graphics, it's bloody awful! Maybe I just don't like driving at night.
Wait a minute, driving at daytime would be better for me, nevertheless, but talking about the graphics... I can't really be right when I played it on my Radeon9000 :) It's like, I expected that the game won't even run because of it... Guess I'm just hyped because it even runs :oops:
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

gfx is definitely better than U2... It only looks cartoonish coz its at night. I hope there will be cops on the canyons though, i'd like to be chase there.
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

The canyons aren't connected in-game to the city. You won't be able to drive up to the canyons by taking some exit, or at least that's what the game shows so far, as well as the official map.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

I know it's alittle dissapointing that but i am not worried about it.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I really really like the demo, runs great on my 9250 radeon, 800*600 and some details, the only thing is I have some brightness probs with my monitor, but I fixed that, a bit "game gama" setting and I made the races visible(omg, I was driving blindfolded

Like Dragster said, menu is great.

Gameplay really wickid, depends on the car, for me it's like this: Evo, Camaro and Gallardo

Drifting is really pumping my adrenaline, I feel my ears really hot O.o .. made just 217k pts .. what I saw and it's a tiny thinggy anoying, is the counter-steer aid .. don't like aids, go go go for mayhem and destruction racing!

Canyon Racing, really is great, didn`t thought it was that hard, when I saw the trailers, was thinking by myself, "bah, I'll just stick to my opponents rear end car, and I'll gain pts", but the demo really blowed my face off .. it's nothing I imagined.

Almost forget, crew racing! well that`s sweet, you are like a big boss, with 2 dogs near you, and if someone pisses u off ... release the dogs! that`s how I see the crew members. I didn`t find their comments pissing, they`re ok, with some funny replies .. I like that one: "dude you have a girlfriend, be carefull" :lol:

that`s my review .. so thnx EA for making great games

Return to “Carbon”