NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Well apparently seems like GSX is not tuneable and GT is made Tier 2 :(

gr...2 of my fav cars gimped.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I haven't unlocked the Eclipse GSX yet, I did unlock the 240SX and the Jaguar XK and they can be modded.

I did race a modded Eclipse, so I assume you can mod it.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I raced it too, in the Challenge Series, it had a BK on, so it must be tunable.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

To save some people some time wondering which cars can be modded and which cars can not (and shatter some hopes and dreams :) ), here's a list of all cars that can be modded:

01 Alfa Romeo Brera
02 Aston Martin DB9
03 Chevrolet Camaro SS
04 Chrysler 300C
05 Corvette Z06
06 Dodge Challenger '71 *
07 Dodge Challenger New
08 Dodge Charger '69
09 Dodge Charger '06
10 Dodge Viper SRT10
11 Ford GT
12 Ford Mustang GT
13 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 Old
14 Infiniti G35
15 Jaguar XK
16 Lamborghini Gallardo
17 Lamborghini Murcielago
18 Lotus Elise
19 Mazda RX7
20 Mazda RX8
21 Mazda MPS
22 Mercedes CLK500
23 Mercedes SL65
24 Mercedes SLR
25 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
26 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9
27 Nissan 240SX
28 Nissan 350Z
29 Nissan Skyline
30 Porsche Cayman S
31 Porsche Carrera GT
32 Porsche 911 Turbo
33 Plymouth Hemi Cuda
34 Renault Clio
35 Subaru Impreza WRX
36 Toyota Supra
37 Vauxhall Monaro
38 Volkswagen Golf R32

*= Untested in the game, but the car's datafiles are about the same size as cars that can be modded.

And here's a list of cars that can't be modded or only to some limit:

01 Audi Lemans R8
02 BMW M3 GTR
03 Chevrolet Camaro Concept
04 Chevrolet Chevelle
05 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 New
06 Koenigsegg CCX
07 Lamborghini LMP640
08 Lexus IS300
09 Lotus Europa
10 Mitsubishi Eclipse
11 Pagani Zonda
12 Plymouth Roadrunner
13 Pontiac GTO
14 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
15 Toyota Corolla
16 Toyota MR2
Last edited by STAT-X on 07 Nov 2006, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

don't know what to say about the GSX here my friend STAT-X, Stig and I raced it modded, and I saw it on the german website, unmodded(stock) .. is it possible that the car is available in 2 ways? I mean modded and unmodded, or it was modded only for that Challenge? Pity if the GSX won't be modded :( :(
AUTOart
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AUTOart »

Hello!

I'new here. :)

Just one thing, the 911 Turbo can be modded.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I found on some german site that theres Eclipse GSX that cant be modded and another one you race wich got wide-bodykit that those who played NFSU1 should remember. Same bodykit could be unlocked on final career stages.

Overall well, I have rechecked car list and tiers i must say im satisfied now that at least EVO is Tier 3 wich still lets me play my fav car brand.
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

And here's a list of cars that can't be modded:

01 Audi Lemans R8
02 BMW M3 GTR
03 Chevrolet Camaro Concept
04 Chevrolet Chevelle
05 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 New
06 Koenigsegg CCX
07 Lamborghini LMP640
08 Lexus IS300
09 Lotus Europa
10 Mitsubishi Eclipse
11 Pagani Zonda
12 Plymouth Roadrunner
13 Pontiac GTO
14 Porsche 911 Turbo
15 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
16 Toyota Corolla
17 Toyota MR2
WTF?!
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

danyutz wrote:don't know what to say about the GSX here my friend STAT-X, Stig and I raced it modded, and I saw it on the german website, unmodded(stock) .. is it possible that the car is available in 2 ways? I mean modded and unmodded, or it was modded only for that Challenge? Pity if the GSX won't be modded :( :(
Maybe there's limited modding available, just the one bodykitt.
Another thing I know for sure it that when you unlock a bonus car you get 2 versions of it in the 'Custom Cars' part where you choose a car for Quick Race. Usually one car is stock and another a bit modded. Maybe that's the difference ...

EDIT: It's also possible that you can't mod these cars on the PC version ofcourse, didn't think of that earlier :D
AUTOart wrote:Hello!

I'new here.

Are you sure ??? With bodykitts and autosculpt and everything ??? Or just paint ???
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

AUTOart
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AUTOart »

I'new here.

Are you sure ??? With bodykitts and autosculpt and everything ??? Or just paint ???[/quote]

Yep, 500% sure.
Fishwhiz wrote:http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/15350

it obviously is customizable.
OMFG!! :shock:
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

STAT-X wrote:
danyutz wrote:don't know what to say about the GSX here my friend STAT-X, Stig and I raced it modded, and I saw it on the german website, unmodded(stock) .. is it possible that the car is available in 2 ways? I mean modded and unmodded, or it was modded only for that Challenge? Pity if the GSX won't be modded :( :(
Maybe there's limited modding available, just the one bodykitt.
Another thing I know for sure it that when you unlock a bonus car you get 2 versions of it in the 'Custom Cars' part where you choose a car for Quick Race. Usually one car is stock and another a bit modded. Maybe that's the difference ...

EDIT: It's also possible that you can't mod these cars on the PC version ofcourse, didn't think of that earlier :D

I'new here.

Are you sure ??? With bodykitts and autosculpt and everything ??? Or just paint ???
The stock bonus cars usually crashes the game when u try to modify it......such as the stock MR2(yellow).
The modified MR2(white/silver) has only 1 body kit to install.....but at least u can customize it without game crashing.
Just look for the ones have the car slot(not appeared as FF in the part after the hex code of the car) and u can at least do a little bit of customize to the car.
The 911 Turbo and G35 can 100% be customized. There are at least 4 body kits for each. Also, performance part also can be installed.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

yes g35 and 911 are regular cars...
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

Abrams wrote:yes g35 and 911 are regular cars...
So why can't we use those cars in career.......
They appeared in career if that trainer is activated.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

STAT-X wrote: Maybe there's limited modding available, just the one bodykitt.
Well, Abrams just answered my question, he read on that german site about the BK used on the Eclipse
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

In the Challenge series you race a modded IS300 also, first race of all the challenges.

I really think EA got very lazy with this game. they skipped alot of stuff, and didn't even bother getting stuff in the career mode. The game just has to many loose ends... pretty sad if you ask me.

Did anyone notice that the EA86 Corolla is a Tier 2 car... that is just Hilarious.
It is a slow car stockwise.

Btw I seen pics of a modded AE86 also, 2 versions 1 white stock and the same pic with a dark one with a simple bodykit on it.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

EVO_VIII wrote:The stock bonus cars usually crashes the game when u try to modify it......such as the stock MR2(yellow).
The modified MR2(white/silver) has only 1 body kit to install.....but at least u can customize it without game crashing.
Just look for the ones have the car slot(not appeared as FF in the part after the hex code of the car) and u can at least do a little bit of customize to the car.
But you can't install tuning parts to it right ???
Anyway, added the 911 turbo to the mod-list.
TheStig wrote:I really think EA got very lazy with this game. they skipped alot of stuff, and didn't even bother getting stuff in the career mode. The game just has to many loose ends... pretty sad if you ask me.
Didn't EA say they're gonna offer downloadable cars and stuff ??? maybe you'll be able to download the 'full' car, with all bodykitts and use it like a regular car. It's just a matter of adding data like bodykitts to the carfile ... who knows ...

BTW, didn't try this on all cars, but with the CCX you can add things like roofscoops and spoilers. Did looked a bit odd, like it doesn't align right.
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

STAT-X wrote:But you can't install tuning parts to it right ???
Nope, the MR2 can't add any performance parts in it....:(
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

did anyone completed any quickraces? I think they unlock more things
coen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coen »

STAT-X wrote:
EVO_VIII wrote:The stock bonus cars usually crashes the game when u try to modify it......such as the stock MR2(yellow).
But you can't install tuning parts to it right ???
TheStig wrote:I really think EA got very lazy with this game. they skipped alot of stuff, and didn't even bother getting stuff in the career mode. The game just has to many loose ends... pretty sad if you ask me.
can you mod
Didn't EA say they're gonna offer downloadable cars and stuff ??? maybe you'll be able to download the 'full' car, with all bodykitts and use it like a regular car. It's just a matter of adding data like bodykitts to the carfile ... who knows ...

BTW, didn't try this on all cars, but with the CCX you can add things like roofscoops and spoilers. Did looked a bit odd, like it doesn't align right.
can you mod the CCX.. and how do you unlock the jag. its a firetruck up game.. in career you only have to buy 1 car.... thats the first car. the rest ive won bij pink slipping bosses.. its seams that theyre were in a rush.. the butoon voor selling cars doesnt apear. ive to find it out bij myself...
but to cut the crap..
how do you unlock the JAG?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

you have to do the final Challenges, and you can sell and buy another cars, in the Safe House menu, go right until you reach "Change Car" or something like that, than scroll to the car you want to change, and down you have some buttons, one says "Career Controls" push it, and another sets of controls appear. the !st one is Sell car. For buying another cars, you must go to a Car Lot.
coen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coen »

danyutz wrote:you have to do the final Challenges, and you can sell and buy another cars, in the Safe House menu, go right until you reach "Change Car" or something like that, than scroll to the car you want to change, and down you have some buttons, one says "Career Controls" push it, and another sets of controls appear. the !st one is Sell car. For buying another cars, you must go to a Car Lot.
on the xbox they disapeaar..
but my other question..
how do you unlock the jag?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

already answered that, you have to make the last Challnges, from the Challenge Series, ofcourse
crazeconnolly
Stock
Stock

Post by crazeconnolly »

how do u unlock the LP640 ???
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

it's under a reward car. Talking about unlocked cars, after conquering Angie's territory, there was a Race War, I bearly beat that race, I mean, I didn't even catch up with the 1st racer, and when I did, I saw his car, he was racing an LP640. Preety hard race for me, that was.

Return to “Carbon”