2006 Need for Speed Carbon
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Dream NFS

Post by peterfaj »

Post what your dream NFS would be like.

Here's mine:
I think EA should make a NFS like the classics. With nice graphics, realistic handling and real car performance. They should make car performance tuning disabled (maybe enabled on some cars, tuners maybe), except NOS should still be available. And good visual customization too. There should be chalenge series like in HP2, choose one of available cars, no tuning, no NOS. Career should have visual tuning (but nothing depending on it) and player could put NOS in a ride. Arcade mode should also support visual tuned cars and a setting NOS on/off (it would depend on all cars in the race), and an option to select the cars to have their real performance or performance of another car (all cars-same performance but only in arcade mode). The game should be called like a classic (like NFS HS2), I'm sure that would make much ppl interested in the game just by the title. Also, gameplay shouldn't be too hard (I had problems with last few career and some challenge series races in NFS C).
Frostbite
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Frostbite »

You mean bring NFS back to the exotics and away from the tuners?
I like that!
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I don't care what car classes they have, just for as long there will be exotics, like the good old times and realistic handling and performance.
flyiNz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flyiNz »

100% Visual customization
No performance tuning
Lots of cars, tuners, muscle, exotic
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

id say they make the next gens exactly like the the current gens except the graphics. i hate because you cant play online on ps2, you cannot unlock a lot of the cars. i thought that the current gen and next gen had the same cars, but no- you cannot drive the 07 shelby gt500, or the mr2 and most of the bonus cars. ea sucks.
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

My dream NFS is:
1. NO MORE pre-tuned bonus cars
2. The WHOLE car list should be involved in Career Mode.
3. If there are still some bonus cars, I want to the tune them, both visual and perofrmance.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

And in arcade mode - damage on/off, nitrous wouldn't be refilling. In career, repairs and NOS wouldn't be free.

@EVO_VIII
I agree, visual customization on all cars, but there shouldn't be any performance tuning (maybe on tuners as I said before, but still realistic tuning). In arcade mode, all cars would have their performance or performance of selected car, so you could have a chance with a car that just looks good. There was this in NFS C, you are driving a truck with a jet engine, but it looks like a lamborghini. :lol:
BAS231187
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BAS231187 »

you are driving a truck with a jet engine, but it looks like a lamborghini
haha i like that analogy

as for dream nfs. im afraid i have not played many of the early nfs so dont know what im missing. personally i really like carbon. and if they hadnt INSANELY rushed it, it would have been close to my idea of perfect. as it is there are far to many bugs.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

mmmmm..... hmmmmm........

well i understand that ea will never make the nfs title any more "realistic" than it already is coz basically theres already a game like that, its called gt4. and although gt4 is very popular it just doesnt have the instant user friendliness that nfs has in terms of getting started and instant entertainment. well actually the user friendliness might have gone down a bit lately but neways.

my ultimate nfs would go sumfin like this:
-day and night racing, weather that actually changes grip level and not just provide visuals(eg rain).
-keep and add to the current lot of cars, provides variety and satisfies different tastes.
-get rid of all the online-unlockable cars, thats just lame. but im still for keeping some of the cars/parts/etc locked until you complete a certain amount of the game or wateva.
-get some real life body kits in like with the wheels, ea designed ones just blow.
-get away from all this cartoonish cityscape, keep it sort of realistic like in most wanted and the pre-underground series.
-bring back all those little mods like eyelids, neons, lightbulbs etc again like real life mods etc.
-make performance tuning simple yet effective, like a simple settings menu such as in nfs:mw where you can make instant changes while driving and then also have an advanced setup menu where you can change gear ratios etc, no dyno animation tho - that was lame.
-bring back drag racing but without all those stupid barriers and "coincidental" traffic ffs and without the car on rails, thats stupid as well. it'll basically be like a normal race except in a straight line, most prob down a main city street or an actual dragway etc. drag racing would be concentrated on the fine shift points and nos usage like in underground1.
-if theres a road in the game you can race on, you should be able to drive to it in free roam. none of this special canyon or drift track loadups. and in quick race menus you should be able to choose whether u want to race the tracks in the backwards direction.
-something i would really like to see is a multi-story carpark that you can race in as well as drive about in free-roam.
-improved ai of course, the traffic cars are always speeding and never get get chased by the cops so why should i get noticed when im going slower than them? they also fly in the air when going over small bumps, taxis and firetrucks alike so that needs to be changed.
-auto spawning cops, i hate that and its stupid. i go past a roadblock and when i turnaround they are no longer there its really dumb. or when im going at high speeds i will notice cops just magically appearing in front of me. make the cops spawn inside a police station and actually drive out to my location or wateva. would be quite a sight if you were parked outside the the station =).
-also bring back the good parts of cop pursuits from nfs:mw with the milestones for eg. just leave out the rapsheet completion thing, that was way over the top.
-NO DRIFT PHYSICS damnit. i hate it. you want to drift? learn how to do it. dont introduce some stupid slippery physics and auto-control-it-for-you handling to compensate. add in a "drift school" feature to learn how to use the handbrakes to drift for eg.
-get rid of nos refilling, personally i dont mind it but its just not fair when other cars refill their nos faster than certain cars so just take that out for good.
-include communication features for online racing particularly for cop pursuits so players can setup roadblaocks or deploy spike strips etc... and to avoid unfair instantaneous roadblock spawning, have it goverened by a 5 second invulnerability like when a cop becomes a racer in carbon's pursuit tag.

.... thats all for now.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Dream Game hmm well ive always liked my ideas so i guess i should at least say dem....

. Realistic handling and Car performance

. Time clock to tell you the time so it can go in Dusk, Dawn, Night, Day and diffrent weather (Not Just Rain) also can be set by the Xbox desktop Clock :P

. Customize Exterior and Interior also adding Subwoofers for the hell of it to the car with loads of stuff (witch will include Dash View)

. More Realistic Car Sounds and Enviroments (not the same from NFSU 2, Most Wanted, Carbon)

. Free Roam in a actual City with real street names of course

. Like what 93360 said auto spawning cops sucks and the Autofilling Nos

. Can install separate performance parts on the car and has Engine View so you can see the Engine having changes to it

. New traffic cars also with loads more diffrent cars not just 5 or 6

. Custom Soundtrack for Xbox and just import MP3 files for PC (Like the Sims2 can do)

. Have car dealer shops placed out around the place and Used Car lots

. Real Bodykits and no more Wide Bodykits ( and the Intercooler is 3D not just a Texture)

. Multiplayer and everything is Live not just Xbox 360 or PC

. Make your own Player 8)

. Host or just make your own race track

. Walk around mode for Garage or car dealers

. Way better damage
-------------

must have a Nissan Skyline R33 :lol:

I guess thats it... but there is more in my head but cannot be stuffed typing all of them also some may not even make sence
Frostbite
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Frostbite »

peterfaj wrote:And in arcade mode - damage on/off, nitrous wouldn't be refilling. In career, repairs and NOS wouldn't be free.
No that is one reason I like NFS so much because i don't have to worry about my car geting shiznit.
s18000rpm
Ricer
Ricer

Post by s18000rpm »

Yeah Guys, EA should come up with a NFS title in which gamers can select SIMULATION or ARCADE style game play.

Driving the Porsche Carrera GT, Merc- McLaren SLR.. wasn't as EXCITING :x as was driving a Porsche 911 GT1 in NFS PU, which we've to win
as far the Tuning goes, i would prefer the NFS Porsche Unleashed Style, like original Factory Tuning Parts, & Aerodynamics (Downforce) TUNING.

AutoSculpt is Useless if we cant use it for Aerodynamics Tuning. :evil:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

IMHO the perfect NFS game would be PU, UG2, and MW blended into one, with arcade or simulation modes and NO BUGS at all
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

darknight788 wrote:IMHO the perfect NFS game would be PU, UG2, and MW blended into one, with arcade or simulation modes and NO BUGS at all
yeah thats a nice way to put it

loved PU coz im a porsche nut but thats what was wrong about it, not every1s into porsches so i dont think that was too successful. I liked UG2 for the customization with being able to choose individual body parts for the bumpers & skirts for eg. and with MW theres not much that i didnt like about it... everything was so good and in fact i think its still the best nfs game ever. in fact ill prob just uninstall carbon now and go on playing nfsmw.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

My dream of a NFS is a one in which U can autosculpt bodykits(15 zones 4 autosculpt) and the interior customization(subs,amps,seats etc. etc .....)

P.S. Game's size will be over 7GB!!!! :lol:
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

Well, they will never be able to get everybody happy, but my dream version of NFS would be compilation of all previous NFS games so far. I mean, they should give us all previosu tracks and as much cars as they could get license for in one game.
unfknblvble
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by unfknblvble »

All cars in career mode should be avaliable at all times. And the same goes for all upgrades. The prices should be realistic and prizemoney should be much less. Give people more events in which to earn money thus lengthening career mode. But people should be able to work towards saving their money for their favourite car so they can play that through the majority of the game.

I'm sick of only being able to use my favourite cars for a limited time.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Why cant they just do a NFS game were you could style the car like in NFSU2 + auto sculpting, remove the AI catch up system and have three or more difficulty options instead, make so that you can ram an AI car so they spin out of control like they can do on you, AI drivers that drives around and challenge you (more drivers out at night than in day time), drift like in Carbon (track style not canyon), you could chose any car from the beginning but it is a car that you have to build up from scratch (maybe a car that have been in a collision) and the better the car is the more expensive the car parts is and harder to get, day and night races/free roam (day time cycle), LAN play with totally free roam (cruising style) and were you and your buddy can race any race there is in the game and terrorize the cops, this i think would be the ultimate NFS game ever done.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I think I've done this before, but I can do it again... :P

- Remove the story part. I want to race, not watch a movie.
- Have entire car classes unlocked at once, not just one and one car. How to unlock without a story? Race races (tournaments, knockouts, drifts, drag races), and finish in the top 3... I liked the system in NFS:HS.
- No huge differences in car physics for different types of races. Instead of making the car different for drifting, make it possibly to drift in free roam and other races as well. It's fun to drift :D And instead of special made drift tracks, use parking lots, parking buildings (like in Tokyo Drift) or other parts of the city.
- A full damage model, with some performance changes. It's been done before, it can be done again. Doesn't have to be 100% accurate, just enough to make the car handle differently.
- More realistic handling, like in NFS:Porsche. Less arcade, more simulation, but maybe not as extreme as GTR2...
- Massive multiplayer. Imagine driving around in free roam, and suddenly get passed by a racer with 10 cops on his tail, and just drive after them. With a huge city (or state), and a lot of racers, life would be a lot funnier. And don't allow ANY form of modifications to the game online (apart from the next idea :P).
- Downloadable cars, that have to be checked by EA and added to an EA catalog before you can use them online. If possible, the same with new parts of the city/state, either as add-ons, or as expansion packs (not too expensive tho).
- Every part of the city available in free roam, both online and offline. When racing online, have an option where you can either close the track, or keep it open during the race. I would keep it open, and try to dodge other racers crusing around.
- Money as awards, not parts. Like in NFS:Porsche, you pay for your damage, but with the addition of massive multiplayer, you also have to pay for damage you cause on innocent racers (those cruising around when you're racing).
- Real life parts for tuning and styling, with real life changes to the effect.
- More cars, both tuners, muscle, exotics, and maybe racing cars as bonus cars (rally, F1, Nascar...).
- All cars available on all platforms, and no "Collector's Edition" or other special versions.
- Weather changes (snow, rain, dry), and both night and day. I remember driving the 911's in NFS:PU in the Alps was pretty difficult, but it could also be a lot of fun :D
- Possibility to be a cop, again both online and offline (but not something you must be to complete the game). I don't like racing as cop, but I know some people do.
- Possibility to add your own MP3s, or to play real life web radio in the game.

I could wait a couple of years for a game like this :D

race_invader and 93360 also has nice ideas :) Borrowed some of mine from them :P
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Main things:
-real handling and performance
-no performance tuning (except in a special Arcade mode, performance could be changed somehow and if there will be tuners, performance tuning would be available on them)
-much visual tuning (what about side body kits, making rides wider, combining all body kits to make a wide body kit or autosculptable wide body kits)
-visual tuning would only affect your rides' look
-arcade mode with many unrealistic settings
-no separate drifting physics, just handling realistic enough to do it anytime

I don't care much about real visual car parts (except real performance for tuners)
I liked HP2 very much. And I agree with most of the things Morty wrote.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

I don't know about an ultimate NFS, but the ideal for the premise that EA attempted with Carbon should have canyon course, both uphill and downhill. Available for practice on free roam. And the majority of the races in the canyon. No NOS during canyon duels or drift competitions, and none of this refillable NOS bottles.
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

One more thing I need to add to my dream NFS,
NO CHEATS during online play.....
Maybe they should have something like PunkBuster to remove those cheaters.....:(
xkalibur80
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xkalibur80 »

NFS Highstakes with free roaming, Different countries, improved graphics, improved damage engine, AND the ability to import your own car like HS can do :D , no more moaning about missing bodykits and missin cars...make the car! and a choice of normal racing or boy racing :lol:
**Amd 64 3700+, 2 Nvidia 6800gs 256 sli, 2 gigs RAM**
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

oh ya, definitly a full damage model, at least like the cops in mw and carbon. also very important- realistic crash physics
-when you turn too quick and sharp your car will flip and roll multiple times, depending on terrain.
- when you land after a jump, your car will loose a bit of control.
-car can actually spin out, instead in previous games, you pulled the e-brake and the most you get is turning around and stopping.
- you car slows down and whatever part you hit on traffic cars crumple
- when your opponents fishtail you or vice versa you actually loose control.
- parts when hit hard enough fall off.
- your car can get totaled in any race.
- you can get run over by semi trucks.
- able to run though any weak objects, like if there is a fence separating the road and tall grass, if you loose control you can spin though them and start flipping.
-debris in the road can cause problems.
-when you hit traffic head on, instead of plowing through them, you both stop and you know.....
- you get totaled when you hit trees
- your car reacts severely to walls you hit.
Last edited by Fishwhiz on 14 Nov 2006, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

93360 wrote:mmmmm..... hmmmmm........

well i understand that ea will never make the nfs title any more "realistic" than it already is coz basically theres already a game like that, its called gt4. and although gt4 is very popular it just doesnt have the instant user friendliness that nfs has in terms of getting started and instant entertainment. well actually the user friendliness might have gone down a bit lately but neways.

my ultimate nfs would go sumfin like this:
-day and night racing, weather that actually changes grip level and not just provide visuals(eg rain).
-keep and add to the current lot of cars, provides variety and satisfies different tastes.
-get rid of all the online-unlockable cars, thats just lame. but im still for keeping some of the cars/parts/etc locked until you complete a certain amount of the game or wateva.
-get some real life body kits in like with the wheels, ea designed ones just blow.
-get away from all this cartoonish cityscape, keep it sort of realistic like in most wanted and the pre-underground series.
-bring back all those little mods like eyelids, neons, lightbulbs etc again like real life mods etc.
-make performance tuning simple yet effective, like a simple settings menu such as in nfs:mw where you can make instant changes while driving and then also have an advanced setup menu where you can change gear ratios etc, no dyno animation tho - that was lame.
-bring back drag racing but without all those stupid barriers and "coincidental" traffic ffs and without the car on rails, thats stupid as well. it'll basically be like a normal race except in a straight line, most prob down a main city street or an actual dragway etc. drag racing would be concentrated on the fine shift points and nos usage like in underground1.
-if theres a road in the game you can race on, you should be able to drive to it in free roam. none of this special canyon or drift track loadups. and in quick race menus you should be able to choose whether u want to race the tracks in the backwards direction.
-something i would really like to see is a multi-story carpark that you can race in as well as drive about in free-roam.
-improved ai of course, the traffic cars are always speeding and never get get chased by the cops so why should i get noticed when im going slower than them? they also fly in the air when going over small bumps, taxis and firetrucks alike so that needs to be changed.
-auto spawning cops, i hate that and its stupid. i go past a roadblock and when i turnaround they are no longer there its really dumb. or when im going at high speeds i will notice cops just magically appearing in front of me. make the cops spawn inside a police station and actually drive out to my location or wateva. would be quite a sight if you were parked outside the the station =).
-also bring back the good parts of cop pursuits from nfs:mw with the milestones for eg. just leave out the rapsheet completion thing, that was way over the top.
-NO DRIFT PHYSICS damnit. i hate it. you want to drift? learn how to do it. dont introduce some stupid slippery physics and auto-control-it-for-you handling to compensate. add in a "drift school" feature to learn how to use the handbrakes to drift for eg.
-get rid of nos refilling, personally i dont mind it but its just not fair when other cars refill their nos faster than certain cars so just take that out for good.
-include communication features for online racing particularly for cop pursuits so players can setup roadblaocks or deploy spike strips etc... and to avoid unfair instantaneous roadblock spawning, have it goverened by a 5 second invulnerability like when a cop becomes a racer in carbon's pursuit tag.

.... thats all for now.
I agree with all this. I would add interior customization, season changes, (like after you finish one part, it becomes a different season. I esspecially miss winter driving) and better performance customization.

I would also love a NFS game based completly on being a cop. There would be an epic LONG carrier and you can recruit more cops as you go along and make your own squad of cop cars. You could make you own sign and get the same cars as the Tuners use cars to use as you go along. You could also gain reputation if you bust more and more racers.

Return to “Carbon”