That's it.....

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

That's it.....

Post by Jamaleni »

No more Carbon for me.

Game sucks from the first day that I played it, but I decided to give it one more chance.

I started new carreer, do everything that I was supposed to do to unlock '99 Eclipse GSX, and it turned out that I can use it only in quick race.....

Start/All programs/.../Uninstal
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

I wanna see you make your own game then.
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

ahmad0410 wrote:I wanna see you make your own game then.
That's hardly the point mate. Customers have every right to be unhappy if they feel the product they purchased isn't up to spec. If you bought a Sony stereo for example, and it didn't do what it should, you would be a bit miffed if Sony then said "well make your own if you're unhappy".

I can understand why Jamaleni is unhappy. He/I/We bought a game expecting lots, only to bet let down by so much and so soon after purchase. I have never finished a game so quickly, usually i don't finish them as i don't always have the time. Yet i finished Carbon rather too quickly, and now find myself downloading Trainers in the hope i can use the cars i have "unlocked" and maybe play the game for a little while longer.

I played U2 and MW on the Xbox and decided to get Carbon for PC, expecting something great. My opinion as of now leaves me thinking that another game with so much potential is a bit of a let down. It seems as if the guys at EA have chucked out a game to cash in on the success of previous titles. Pop stars tend to do that after releasing a number one hit, and you more often than not find the new effort to be a flop. A patch is a must if this game is to be saved IMO.

I remember e-mailing a friend the first night i got the game and explaining that when his new PC comes this week, he "needs to get this game" and that it is "awesome". That opinion was changed about a day later, having read the forums and realising that the game wasn't going to last. He'll probably get my copy off me unless someone somewhere rescues this game.
P4-2.8ghz-1gb ram-Radeon 256mb X800XT
DuztHooka
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DuztHooka »

Well said, marshman. I've found myself reverting back to trying to finish the Challenge Series in Most Wanted just to get my NFS fix. I've also been messing around with trainers in Carbon just to get at the stuff I either can't unlock due to sloppy QA testing or just can't be arsed getting at 'cos the online mode both sucks AND blows.

Can't believe I forked out £35 on it ...
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

Thanks for your support marshman.

I palyed all NFS titles so far untill next one came out, and with Carbon.... I only have it for a short time, and don't want to play it anymore because I don't like the idea that there are some cars that I want to use in carreer but I can't do that. And that pissess me off.

Well, it seem that I'll have to wait for a Test Drive Unlimited, and next NFS.... Untill then, thank God for TOcA 3 and GTR 2 ;o). Oh, and MW.....
bala8oo
Ricer
Ricer

bit let down

Post by bala8oo »

I agree to an extent, it seems crazy to bother doing the final boss races finally against the Le Mans Audi to unlock it in quick race mode only?
After the effort put in I want to customise and race it properly. Shame that.

Plus the whole collectors edition having extra content available and ea download goodies available at the same time of release as the regular version is a bit naughty. Surely they could have added the content to the regular game. Seems like squeezing a few extra quid out of NFS fans.

And finally (sorry for the groans but customers do have the right to speak out, future releases depend on it). Widescreen! why oh why did they include widescreen on 360 version but not PC, it renders the pc version comical without searching online for tweaks and patches. Come on EA get with the times.

Overall though brilliant game, wasn't a NFS fan till this release.
Borak
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Borak »

yea, even current gen consoles have widescreen
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

The only thing i don't like about carbon is that they took out drag racing! :evil:
dln
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dln »

personally, i don't understand people who use trainers/cheats to unlock everything, and then complain that the game was too short. if you unlocked everything normally, its actually fairly long. now granted, career mode is short, but the game itself is not.
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

dln wrote:personally, i don't understand people who use trainers/cheats to unlock everything, and then complain that the game was too short. if you unlocked everything normally, its actually fairly long. now granted, career mode is short, but the game itself is not.
Yep , reward cards take like forever to do......especially the online ones.
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: In the driving seat of my Mitsubishi GTO or Eclipse GT 07

Post by gtouk21 »

i do beleive that EA was doing a 'Money get rich scheme' by bringing out different versions of NFSC. cause if want that car, play that version, if want the other car, play that version. ie. pay for that one, and that one, etc. I still say something went wrong after NFSU2. adding cops in MW was great although missing something which i liked of the original series, THE ABILITY TO BE THE COP and chase down racers, call road blocks, etc. Imagine if EA put the features of the entire NFS series into One game. Mondo. what a hell of a game it'll make. and autosculpting wide body kits would be nice
Muscles suck. Tuners and Exotics Rule. Mitsubishi foreva
Dabeastyboy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

trash

Post by Dabeastyboy »

dln wrote:personally, i don't understand people who use trainers/cheats to unlock everything, and then complain that the game was too short. if you unlocked everything normally, its actually fairly long. now granted, career mode is short, but the game itself is not.
dln, in this game I do understand the people who use trainers. You don't wanna know how hard I had to race to get the 1,000,000 in my bankaccount to unlock the Chevelle. Turns out you can't customize it. I was so fed up that I left the racing and took the trainer to only look at the cars.

I would like to thank EA for this game, guy's the next time humiliate an othe title
fanth0mic
Banned

Post by fanth0mic »

I think you are wrong. With NFSC CE you can drive all cars that exist in Carbon, just use trainer to unlock them (its impossible by playing).
http://www.needforspeedsavegames.com
here you can find a lot of savegames, trainers, cheats, cars, screenshots and soundtrack informations for Need For Speed Carbon, Most Wanted, Underground 2, Underground and Hot Persuit 2. Good Luck!
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

stop firetrucking advertising!!
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

He wants to steal your CD Key that's why
dln
Ricer
Ricer

Re: trash

Post by dln »

Dabeastyboy wrote:
dln, in this game I do understand the people who use trainers. You don't wanna know how hard I had to race to get the 1,000,000 in my bankaccount to unlock the Chevelle. Turns out you can't customize it. I was so fed up that I left the racing and took the trainer to only look at the cars.

I would like to thank EA for this game, guy's the next time humiliate an othe title
well sure, that's a perfectly understandable position. there are some ridiculous requirements, and if you'd rather cheat just to see the unlockables thats fine. but don't complain that the game is to short, because basically you just skipped to the end.

Return to “Carbon”