Your Thoughts about NFSC...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well well.. I just got NFS Carbon on Friday, I finished playing it on Sunday. Now it's time to give my review.

Well, first of all, I was acutally anticipating for this NFS release, because it is a mix of all the games we played all bundled into 1, plus cops and free roaming! I mean, who couldn't resist that? And it came in a DVD! So no hassle in installation, unless of course I don't have a DVD drive.

Graphics: 8.5/10 - VERY GOOD
For this NFS Carbon, grpahics were superb! Finally EA made the video options more user friendly this year compared to MW, which we had no option to turn off the motion blur effect. I'm using GeForce 7600GS, finally made a switch after the FX5200 gave so many problems in MW. Using this GFX I managed to siwtch on everything, and on high. Though on some parts of the city the graphics were too much too handle and it lagged a little, I thought it's still quite OK for me, since the graphics were really beyond belive. For once I thought I was playing Xbox 360! :shock:

Well done for that! :)

Storyline: 3.5/10 - VERY POOR
To be honest, from the start of the game I didn't really follow the storyline. What is in the bag? What happened to it? Why did it get switched? As the game goes on and as you start to gain crew members they'll start telling you different stories about the event that happened that night when you raced in the Supra ans got tazered by the police. I don't even know why we got tazered in the first place. From then on I got confused. What does it got to do with the bag, and who should I believe??

Then there was Cross. Oh man, what the heck is he doing there? He's basically doing nothing but a 'bounty hunter'. So much for it.. All he does is create trouble there for us. I expected the storyline to be more, because I really really felt something missing from there. MW had a much better storyline compared to this.

Gameplay: 6/10 - AVERAGE
I have to say that EA made a much better improvements in the gameplay from MW. One thing I'm happy about is that we can use the rearview mirror now, even if we don't use the bumper camera. AI's. well, they're reasonably tough, especially in the Race Wars. Well I woundn't say that the first one was all tough, but after that races got a little tougher, and you have to use more skills comapred to just speed to win the race. And the cops are much tougher IMO. Even in heat 1 it's not as wasy to evade them as compared to MW.

The idea of having crew members in the game is plain dumb to be honest. It's funny to see how a blocker can easily slide an opponent's vehicle just by a slight nudge on the side of the back of the car. But when we try to tackle them, they just kept on going and going, like as if they have tracks underneath them, like trains. The only crew member I found to be useful are the ones who gives shortcuts. Not only do they give you a shorter way, but sometimes they help me win Speedtrap challenges even when I'm in last place, because they always have to lead us the way. So if we are fast, they have to be twice as fast.

Free roaming wasn't as fun. I felt a sense of deja vu playing this game, because I can see that the city looks quite similar to UG2's Bayview, and I'm sure you people will agree with me. I miss the outrun races that can win me unique parts. Though I liked the idea of having Rival Crew Challenges, I still prefer the outruns.

The amount of races made available in the Career Mode was way to little. It was pretty funny because the first day when I finished played the game for the day, my career was 49% complete, and I only played for 2 hours. So I was like telling myself, if this continues, I can finish this game in two days! And yes I did, and I wasn't satisfied at all. And is it just me or Darius' Audi was not meant to be for Career? I didn't see his car in my garage after beating him.

Game Modes: 4/10 - POOR

Circuit Races - Well, they're pretty much the same as the other NFS series. So much to talk about.

Sprint Races - Same goes for this.

Drift - Now this is interesting. The downhill drift track was a DISASTER!! Urrgh, I hate them so much. It's like, I can never find a perfect car to drift downhill, it's also hard to control the moves 'cuz I'd keep banging on the walls and get last place. But I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'd love to hear from the rest

Circuit drifts were quite easy. The tracks were nicely designed, and chain drifts are now made possible. Hee! I'm happy about it. :)

Canyon Races - I had fun with this races. It actually tests on your driving skills and to not always rely on walls to make turns just to keep the speed going. 8)

Well, as you can see, Drag and Knockout races were missing. Well I'm not really disappointed from the dismissal of drag race after a major disappoinment for 2 years. I'm just glad they removed it. But why the removal of knockout races?? Damn, I really wanted to be the cop chasing the rest of the racers. Unfortunately, this can only be done online, and I haven't been able to do so for don't know what reason. I can't find any races nor create one.

The City: 6/10 - GOOD
Well, as I've said earlier, it had a UG2 feeling, 'cept with cops now. I thought that EA could have done a better job. The highway system also wasn't really food.. I thought it'd be as good as UG2 or MW. But no, it wasn't.. I felt that it was a bit small, and it doesn't connect to regieons.

Cars & customization: 7/10 - GOOD
I'm happy with the cars this year. Muscles, tuners and exotics all in one. That's it. :)

Customization wise, I love the Autosculpt.. The body kits, however, were pretty much a bore. It's been the same since UG1. C'mon EA, time for a change.

OVERALL: 5.8/10 - AVERAGE

Final verdict: I still think that UG1 is still the best street racing game there is out there. I mean, it was the perfect game! Now if only all these features and cars are made available in UG1, nothing can beat that game, I can safely say that.

That's it.. :)

Ciao!
-Andre
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

very nice review Andre_online, i have to agree the storyline is confusing especially with that damn bag and cross ( i thought i pwned his ass in rockport, o well ) the circuit drifts are fun. i dont like the environment as much as MW but it is ok, and there is something missing in the cop chases i dont know what it is but they arent as intense as i hoped they would be
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

In my opinion, I believe MW is way better then Carbon. I am glad that I bought it, but the game is just to short compared to NFSMW.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Well Andre_online sums it up rely nice in his post and i just add some of my thoughts. The whole Game feels like a demo, like it isn't 100% complete and EA is trying out some new layout of there upcoming release of NFS.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Nice game, but it's veery buggy. Not only lots of random crashes, now even my savegame is corrupt! This is really a let down. :(
coen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coen »

wtf. it sucks.. EA didnt think ahead.. en thought they had the best race game they ever made... what frustrates me the most is the easynis of jumping to races.. when you could do that. you will run in to police and have a better idea of the map.. EA misunderstood everything.. what i also dont like is that you can win a turbo pro package when you gotnt the street package.. it works the same with cars.. when i drive a 350Z. i dont care when i win a dull mazda speed 3. they should look twice at it... better luck next time..
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

I agree about the performance parts. Since they're sometimes not unlocked in order (that is, sometimes you get the pro/racing part first and then the street) it defeates the purposes of having different level performance parts all together.

I would understand if you'd get the racing part ahead of time when you actually did something extra hard to get it (like the bonus card won from a boss), but now they are just randomly handed to you.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

actually you had a race jump in NFSU2 as well.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I've completed the career mode and while the game is good, it could be so much better.

The tier system - I hate this, with MW you could tune up one of the 'lower' ranked cars, such as the Elise or RX-7 and go crazy with it. Now your forced to buy a new car for the next tier or things are impossible.

The night - I much preferred the daytime setting in MW, it was better to race in and offered (in my opinion) better visuals. They could have made the setting a bit lighter.

The AI - NFS never had the bast AI, but I'm getting tired of being spun out or bashed because the other cars on stuck on rails. A bit of variation in their racing line would be nice.

The city - This is only a small thing but they should have included a highway loop around the 4 parts of the city, again this was in MW and allowed you to do some high speed testing and chasing with the cops. Also they should have included roads to the canyon tracks.

The heat system - They need to bring back the ability to loose heat on your car by modding its appearance. Just being able to buy it off is cheap, and leaves little reason for you to mod other then personal preference.

That is all.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

MrEff wrote:The tier system - I hate this, with MW you could tune up one of the 'lower' ranked cars, such as the Elise or RX-7 and go crazy with it. Now your forced to buy a new car for the next tier or things are impossible.
Exactly. No matter how much you tune a VW Golf or Mazda RX-8, it still should never be able to keep up with an exotic such as an Elise, Lamborghini, or Ford GT. I think EA did a right thing here.
MrEff wrote:The night - I much preferred the daytime setting in MW, it was better to race in and offered (in my opinion) better visuals. They could have made the setting a bit lighter.
While I agree that Most Wanted's daytime racing had better graphics, I think Carbon has a good balance of darkness. Any lighter, and it'd be like Underground 2, which was a very fake night darkness.
MrEff wrote:The heat system - They need to bring back the ability to loose heat on your car by modding its appearance. Just being able to buy it off is cheap, and leaves little reason for you to mod other then personal preference.
This ability is there in Carbon. At least that's what the load screens say.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

what i dont like about the whole tier system is that judging by the bars is that the corvette can out accelerate the slr, ford gt, lambo, etc :roll:
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

MrEff wrote:The AI - NFS never had the bast AI, but I'm getting tired of being spun out or bashed because the other cars on stuck on rails. A bit of variation in their racing line would be nice.
that is so true, ive tried a few times to see if i can bash an ai car off the cliff in canyon races but you just cant coz they simply will not slip when you ram into them or try to side swipe them off the racing line... whereas if they do it to me i just go flying into the wall or wateva.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

prince1142003 wrote:Exactly. No matter how much you tune a VW Golf or Mazda RX-8, it still should never be able to keep up with an exotic such as an Elise, Lamborghini, or Ford GT. I think EA did a right thing here.
They still needed to balance it out more. The flaws in the system are most obvious in career mode when you unlock the fourth area. Your racing against tier 3 cars, but you will only have a tier 2 ride, and as a result you will be continually beaten in the majority of the races.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

MrEff wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:Exactly. No matter how much you tune a VW Golf or Mazda RX-8, it still should never be able to keep up with an exotic such as an Elise, Lamborghini, or Ford GT. I think EA did a right thing here.
They still needed to balance it out more. The flaws in the system are most obvious in career mode when you unlock the fourth area. Your racing against tier 3 cars, but you will only have a tier 2 ride, and as a result you will be continually beaten in the majority of the races.
Which is why you should save up for a Tier 3 car. Tier 3 cars are unlocked at that stage in the game.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

prince1142003 wrote:Which is why you should save up for a Tier 3 car. Tier 3 cars are unlocked at that stage in the game.
They're are not unlocked until you complete at least one race in the new area, and as the street wars for the area you've just finished uses tier 3 cars, your forced to leave it and move on. I'm only saying that EA could have done a better job with the difficulty, as it is it seems like they were sloppy.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Hi guys!!
It's been a long time since I'm not being around here...I have lots of exams at university and
it's very difficult to administrate my time, and also playing carbon short my times! LOL

Well, I have to say lots of thing from the new EA game: NFS Carbon.

I will divide my review in sections:

1. GRAPHICS:

- First of all, i'm very impressed in the fact that carbon uses the same MW engine and the game
doesn't stutters at all, well, at least in my pc doesnt do that. Also, I can feel that EA did a
great job trying to implement those effects from consoles (like Speedbraker blur, real road reflection detail,
air coming from the tail of the car/spoiler, etc.)

Graphically, Carbon is just an "optimized" version of the MW engine, that's for sure. But
some effects, like motion blur, shader details, etc, are very cool. But the game still
doesn't give an accurate feeling of been racing at night. The world level of detail contribute that
because the 80% of the building textures are very VERY poor and cartoonish, remembering here
to Underground 2. I think that EA didn't consider the level detail important, but that is exactly what
gives a difference and also a new experience. I was just like "WTF!?" when I realised that even
with the world level of detail at maximum, the enviroment look crappy and repetitive.

But what is cool, is the "darkness" effect. Just low your brightness and you'll see what I'm
talking about. Decrease your monitor brightness and u have a cool real night racing, BUT, sometimes,
specially at canyon drifting or duels, you can't see NOTHING. You have to increase your brightness, and u will
loose the effect, and also it will turn the game too bright for dark textures.

Another cool thing is the road detail. If you increase the shader detail, the road textures looks
amazing. Also it's cool because in MW, the road was "always" the same, full with leaves and "dirty".
This time the road looks more realistic than MW. The "Road reflection" is also worth of trying. It's
even better than the effect from U1 or U2.

The car reflection detail is awesome, just pass a racer and you'll see your car reflected in his car! NICE! :cool:
I like a lot the fact when you change an option, it loads inmediately, there's no pop-up effect from the resolution,
it just loads without "reseting" the graphic engine.

About resolutions, it's nice to set now with no "lag" 800x600, 1024x768 or up to those ones. Almost forgot:
The shader detail leaves a great great performance if you turn it OFF. Max ALL your graphics except shaders
and you will see. BUT, as always the game looks SO CRAPPY!!! :S

My mark to this aspect: 8/10

2. Career Mode:
- When i saw the trailer of some of the characters like Cross, Emanuelle (Nikki), etc, i thought the story were going
to blow this year: nothing happened..... :(

The game in fact is Most Wanted 2 ( it's supposed that we are continuing with the character that escaped from Rockport)
and it was obvious that EA were going to use the same "formula" from MW. At the start, the story looks very attractive, but soon,
it goes down, and deeply goes down. I'm not referring to something interesting, is the fact that the story looses "interest" after all those
"flashbacks" from your crew wingmens. I just cleared the story just seeing the first 2 flashbacks, from Samson and
the girl (i dont remember her name: Melody?). With those 2 flashbacks I joined the whole story: Darius was behind all...

But what I really can't understand yet is the f****** boring ending. Come on EA! You just won and Darius just leaves? and Nikki has no words?
She just watches you....LOL, come on EA.... For next time, do something MORE interesting... I don't know, like samantha from U1 challengues you,
or Eddie also from U1 returns to challengue Nikki, whatever....

My mark to this aspect: 4/10 and it's deserved....

3. Music:

- Well, i miss the MW music. MW music is far 389378937538947 times better than Carbon soundtrack. Some songs keeps you boring, repetitive
composed music in races, few interactive music in pursuits (even they keep the good ones ;) ) and also noticed that there's no option
to just put the songs in the menu. I'm bored to hear the same damn composed music in the menu!!!! :S xD
Also, EA didn't insert the "next song" button in Carbon, which in Mw was cool because if you were tired of 1 song, just hit the key and there u go: Next
track please!! XD.

I can't say anymore about music, because I can't discuss if that music is better than this one, It's logical, you have different tastes from me, it's obvious ;)

My mark to this aspect: 6/10

4. Gameplay (drifting, physics, etc.):
- This is one os the most difficult points to talk. I'll do my best. First of all, I'm glad that drifting is back to nfs games. But the system is a little bit complicated
if you don't have a joystick or pad with analogs, because drifting with analogs it's much easier than drifing with keyboard, VERY DIFFERENT...

With a keyboard, the car tends to slide more and it's problable that you crash with walls. I also hate when you're using NOS and trying to tape a key and accelerating, and
somehow, the car doesn't respond, i mean, the car still accelerates and uses nos, but u can't turn to left in my case pressing the 3 keys. But that is past, because i bought a new
analog controller just for carbon (2 days ago :-)).

Another thing i noticed is that the game crashes more often than Mw. I hope EA release a patch for this point. I found a BUG, yes people, a BUG. If you start as a tuner, and when you
challengue Kenji for the 1st time (that circuit race), if you click "JUMP TO EVENT", the game crashes!, but if you drive and press the "Enter event" which is "ENTER" or "INTRO", the game loads
normally this race. :S

My mark to this aspect: 6/10

5. Pursuits:

- Not really different from MW, but the AI is very very improved and optimized this time. LVL 1 cops will start chasing you even at high end speeds. They also try to crash you from the sides,
uses also rolling roadblocks (the technique from LVL 5 Crovettes from MW) and other cool stuff. LVL2 cops are cool, just trying to ctach you at any cost, but they tend to accelerate quicker than LVL 1 cops.
LVL 3 cops are more intelligent this time, because the blocks are placed seconds before passing the block area, which really doens't give you much time to see where you can pass or which cop car to ram.
LVL 4 cops are smart enough to keep you using speedbraker constantly, the spike strips are placed much quicker than MW. I noticed that when you're approaching to a spike strip, they tend to "distract" you
from the front road, crashing your car just few moments before passing through the roadblock, which in my opinion, is a challengue to every who played MW and even an pursuit master.
LVL5 cops are the hell man....they are demon-posessed. they start crossing in your front bumper. trying to crash your car in the rear bumper of their car and then apply the brakes....NICE!
Well, idk why, but i can't see the chopper yet! where the f*** is it?! In career freeroam i can't advance to a level 6, 7 or 8, and idk if those heat levels exists in career freeroam, at least i experienced lvl 7
in one of the challengues series, and all i have to say is: WOW!!! but still no helicopter.... :(

My mark to this aspect: 8/10

6. Sound:
- Man, i recently bought an Audigy 2 and....WOW!!! also i bought a 5.1 sound system and OMFG!!! The cars sounds so realistic that one day playing i thought that a racer was really behind me, and even i didn't use the
"look back" key because I clearly hear where "exactly" is the car behind me..awesome. The car engines are pretty cool, specially the Nissan 350z and Skyline engines, and I was shocked when I bought the Charger R/T...OMG
I was --> O_o ....

My mark to this aspect: 10/10 (Sound IMO is the best!)

7. A.I ("Catch-up", blockers, drafters, scouts, and global):

- I was praying before getting the game because I was so scared that the game could have that horrible and cheating "catch-up" system from MW, but it seems that the system now is "sorted", like some races catch up is present,
but in other races is not there.....

About what EA said long ago, about the "new" catch-up, I think they are saying 70% of truth, because sometimes I have a amazing tuned Murcielago, but when I'm racing, some tuners (Mazdas RX-7's, Mazdas 3's, etc.) are passing me...
then I just feel that the catch-up from MW is there... :( , but in some races, especially the Race Wars, there's no catch-up at all..... weird..... :S :S

In general, the A.I is better than MW, and I'm also glad that the traffic for the FIRST TIME, try to avoid you when you come straight to them. But I don't like something special from the traffic: If you touch them, they seems to be
toy cars because they start to spin everywhere, and fly also very several meters away...weird... :S :S :S :S...

My mark to this aspect: 7.5/10

8. Autosculpt:

- When I first heard of this, I was in shock: "...You're going to be able to do your own parts, modifiying every aspect of each part...", sounds great,huh?... well, my toungue wants more. I think EA did a great job with this, but
they should include more parts or even more zones to modify. Cool also that each class has it's own parts, because you're not going to found the "shadow" bumper in the Muscle cars Autosculpt. Some parts are so cool to modify, like the spoilers,
the wheels, etc, but I'm dissapointed because we can't modify the "Body Kits", which are classified as "Aftermarket" parts :(....

One aspect that is very awesome is the Vynil Autosculpting: just do whatever you want with it, stretch it, move it, rotate it, etc. BUT, the interface is slow, too slow in my opinion, but it's ok, what more you want if you can do whatever with
them? ;)

Also, paiting this year is great! Iridiscent, Pearlescent, Candy, Chrome (my favourites), Gloss, Metallic and the other categorie that I can't remember now :)...Are cool enough to test as many combinations as possible.
PD: GUYS, IF ANYONE CAN FIND THOSE STRIPES FROM MW, THE ONES LIKE THE VIPER VYNIL, PLEASE TELL ME BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND THEM!!!

As a conclusion, Autosculpt HAS TO BE in the next NFS game, I hope EA can release Underground 3 with autosculpt, IF there's an Underground 3 XD.

My mark to this aspect: 9/10 ...fun is guaranted ;)

9. Race Types (Canyon duels, Pursuit Knockout, Pursuit Tag, Drift, etc...)
- Canyon duels are not the big thing...they are for quick reaction racers, and the ones who can properly tune their cars. I don't recommend going to a duel with all the performance parts installed but without TUNE them. As I can feel, the car's
handling is reduced significantly during canyon duels, even a Tuner can handle like a rock if it's not TUNED.

About Pursuit Knockout and P. Tag, those modes are freaking awesome. I just tested those modes in a friend house and it was amazing: There's total mess!!! So cool, but i'm again dissapointed because we can't do this OFFLINE, what a pity!! :(
Also wondering why EA didn't put a damn "Split-Screen Mode"??? Damn guys.....

My mark to this aspect: 8.5/10

AND FINALLY, AFTER A LONG LONG POST (SORRY GUYS, THIS IS MY FINAL REVIEW OF MY GAME)

10. CARS!!!!
- What I can say? This is far the BEST carlist made by the "new" NFS team. Skylines, Murcielagos, Vipers, RX-8's, Supras, Jaguars, Mercedes's, uffff....amazing carlist.
The 2 bad points here are that if you bought the Collectors Edition like me, there's just few "new" cars, like the Pagani Zonda F, Nissan 240sx, and some pre-tuned cars, and that horrible DVD.
The other point is that....MAN!!! I CAN'T CUSTOMIZE THE OLD ECLIPSE!!! AND SOME OTHER CARS LIKE THE AUDI LE MANS, BMW M3 GTR, ETC!!! DAMN DAMN DAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNN EA!!!
But I'm glad I can finally realise my "dream": Nissan Skyline GTR-34 vs. Lamborghini Murcielago.. WOW!!!

Okey...that's all what I can say about this "expansion pack" (hehehehehe :D )
I'm also wondering if this team is going to do the next NFS (If there's another NFS) or another one. Seriously thinking this, I think they shoold quit, and let to another team do the following NFS series.
I really want to see Underground 3, really, because the story is interesting, much more than Mw and Carbon one. I want to see a return of Samantha, Eddie, Caleb from U2 and other characters.

So, this is the end of my report.
I'll back as soon as i finish my exams guys...promised! (maybe this week, I dont know really)
Take care all
ShinyG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ShinyG »

I'm new to this forum so I'll take this opp to say hi to all.

Here are my opinions about NFSC:

The good:

- lot's of cars
- autosculpting: rims
- canyon racing
- more colors and color options

The BAD:

- too many cars that have to be unlocked by doing crazy stuff, like beating an EA Admin in online mode and reaching level XXX. For example I love the GT3RS but I don't want to loose hours and hours of meaningless racing online to unlock it. (Good thing we have trainers these days, even though EA, more like "Eat All your money", is trying to convince us trainers are illegal just because it's "ruining" their business of selling us what we already bought). SHAME ON YOU EA! New cars for sale are ok though, but I don't see any!
- autosculpting: body kits. Most of the body kits look like dogie doodoo. This might be a personal opinion though...
- handling is pure feces and it ruins canyon races and driftin. Who said that catch up is no more should think again: IT'S STILL there, only a bit toned down from MW, where a Fiat could overtake me and my fully upgraded Carrera GT doing 380+ kmph.
Don't even get me started on drifting because it SUCKS. They say it's been upgraded, but I say the opposite.
Let me give you an example:
I see a right hand turn and I start drifting by turning right. Sounds OK till now... The car enters the drift and the game automatically counter-steers. A bit on the arcade side but still ok for a NFS game. Now comes the hard part: you have to keep the acceleration pinned to the ground and tap right (remember it was a right hand turn...) to continue drifting. This is not only unrealistic, it's COMPLETELY unrealistic. The way you do it in real-life and in games like NFS: Porsche, Mercedes Benz World Racing and most of the rally sims out there is to get the car drifting by steering into the corner (in my example right) then counter-steering and keeping the car balanced by using the acceleration and counter-steering! I know that NFS is made for a broad audience and kids under 10 need to be able to play the game too, but let's face it, they won't learn to properly drive a car, considering that the same counter-steer + throttle control is also used when trying to keep your car on the road when it over-steers.
- The Career is too short and there are a lot of cars that fitted the game perfectly but did not make it as fully usable cars. Cars like: Lexus IS300, Toyota Corolla AE86, Toyota MR2, even Lotus Europa S, the CCX and Zonda F. May I ask why!?!

Anyway, my conclusio is that EA can do better, but now that they are the Microsoft of games, they won't, because it won't be profitable!!! So sad...
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

Nice game, just a few things:

1. How in the name of the lord could a DB9 be cheaper then a Skyline..... :?
2. When i autosculpt a car's front bumper, i can sometimes see the sky through the grill of the car.... :? :D
3. some cars are just overpowered....like tier 3 old school muscle cars.....0-200mph in like 4 seconds.....but thats cool too!! 8)
and last AND least: you can make those spoilers be as big a an entire house :P .....(this is the least error, cos you can choose not to make that big...)

But:
1. as said before: GREATEST CAR LIST EVER!!! :twisted:
2. OMMFG nice graphics... :twisted:
3. sound: HELL YEAH!!! :twisted:
4. realism: for example: when i drive an Rx-7 or 8 i can actually feel that is has almost zero torque and a lot of horsepower, which matches the real specifics.

this one belongs in both the pros as in the cons: AI is much harder (good: in MW i could let them eat my dust very easily, bad: how can a muscle sometimes outcorner my RX7???? :? )

I find the downhill drifting extremely hard though...i crash into the walls way too soon :cry: (its not because im a bad drifter, in the 'flat' tracks i beat the hell out of the AI :lol: )
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
BeergodHappy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BeergodHappy »

I read some of the recent comments, even some of the long-winded ones. Good points all and I must agree on most points. BUT. For ShinyG, I didn't even notice the "automatic counter steer" feeling at first cause I was using a car with all wheel drive. This is how those act when thrown out. I've been wondering if this was a programming shortcut to avoid writing multiple basline characteristics. For FVD, I haven't modified anything too far yet but a fully race prep'd muscle car SHOULD out corner a near stock RX7. I know little about how the AI boss cars are set up yet as I got my first pink slip from Angie last night so who knows. It may just be that the programmers simply made them handle better idunno. I gotta beat them all so I just drive LOL.

As for my big complaint. The customization is great but why the heck are the colors all so dingy?! There isn't a bright color in the entire game. Dark lighting is fine but dull sucks. The garages could have at least had lights. Everything else I'm having fun with.
BeergodHappy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BeergodHappy »

Abrams wrote:actually you had a race jump in NFSU2 as well.
In NFSU2...When jumping to races out of the garage, I think you could only jump to races from previous stages.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

BeergodHappy wrote: For FVD, I haven't modified anything too far yet but a fully race prep'd muscle car SHOULD out corner a near stock RX7. I know little about how the AI boss cars are set up yet as I got my first pink slip from Angie last night so who knows. It may just be that the programmers simply made them handle better idunno. I gotta beat them all so I just drive LOL.
1. its RVD (np...)
2. my RX7 had everything installed except brakes and engine. So in te area of turning it has everything to the max (such as suspension and tyres), but when i tuned a Charger R/T to the max it doesnt even come close to the cornering of my RX-7. And i think you're right: the programmers probably did something about the handling of the AI cars.
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
redarmy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by redarmy »

NFS:C? Well... Since the crashing keeps messing with my savegames, so i cannot finish the career... I'd say it sux hard.

BUT. I won't say it, because I still enjoy playing the game (challenges, quickraces....).

Lot's of bugs are waiting to be fixed. And since I saw, what EA fixed in 1.3, I'll say that they will wait for a looooong time.

I miss also more binds for gamepad. Like Change camera, Pause menu etc.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

The programmers did do something that effects the characteristics in all the computer cars. My beef is with the Corvette, as apparently it is fastest, best accelerating car in the world according to the game. Of course the flaw is in the A.I., where EA presume that making a car faster = harder, when actually it's unrealistic and annoying, especially as all the cars are on rails.
The best example I can think of is the gold street wars challenge where you are the bright green 2008 Challenger. You can hold the lead, but one slip up and the Corvettes behind you will shoot off into the distance and you'll never catch up. Feels cheap when they bump you, you go wide (as they are stuck to the road) and they overtake.
If only EA get this fixed in future games then the NFS series might actually become more enjoyable when things get hard, as opposed to more tedious.
l2k
Ricer
Ricer

Post by l2k »

Just finish the game by choosing the path of exotics. Finished challenge mode as well.

Graphics: -- 9.0
Since my machine is not a beast, I don't have the chance to enjoy max detail, but i have no complain either. It's smoother than MW. The never ending nighttime is perhaps the only thing i would complain about.

Sound: -- 8.0
Ok, the car sounds are decent, but can be done much better. The stock engine sounds of most cars are almost identical to real world, but after being tuned up, they sounds awkward. For example the Skyline and Supra shares similar engine sounds after installing engine racing package. In the real world, we know they are different (goto video streetfire and search for some clips and you know what i mean). CCX also sounds differently. Soundtrack wise, i never really bother with that, as long as they aint too distracting it's good enough :P IMO it's better than MW coz no more rapping :P

Gameplay: -- 7.5
Canyon races are nice, it's quite chanllenging if you use an underpowered car. Drifting imo is very nice, especially the canyon drift. It takes alot of pratice to be able to continuously drfiting across the whole downhill. Pursuits are tougher (i got busted twice), and it's nice your cars wont stop immediately after running over the spikes. I would rate higher if the career mode is better. It's too short, too bored, meaningless crap.

Misc (cars,physics,etc): -- 7.5
The carlists are the best of the NFS series. But..The handling behavior of certain cars are just too FAKE ! Grab a tier 3 tuner, tune the tires to grip, engine to torque, suspension to oversteer, and you get what i mean. The cornering is fake, heavy cars like skyline with such setting will be flying into the corners, the sense of speed while cornering is just too unrealistic. The brake - turn - accelerate out of corner sequences give me an very desynchronize feeling. I just don't like such handling behavior, U2 is way better.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Have recently been playing using cars I didn't use in earlier play throughs, and I think I've found a weird "glitch".

I bought the Mitsu Eclipse and fully modded it (I bought it late in the game to give it a try). I then (as I do with most of my career cars, it's my personal preference!) put the tyre grip up to full (i.e. far right) and tried to race it.

Drove it as I would any other ride, and it would accelerate up to about 60-80mph then the speedo digits would just go up and down and it would go no faster! Cornering exacerbated the issue. Reset tyres to middle position, and it worked OK. :?

I assumed that it was because it is a 4WD car - however, I've not encountered it with other 4WD tuners/exotics.

Return to “Carbon”