NFSMW will not install disc 3 vinyll.bin corrupt

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
steeltoe
Stock
Stock

NFSMW will not install disc 3 vinyll.bin corrupt

Post by steeltoe »

I already got past the direct X problem. The problem now is on the third install cd it fails with an error saying the vinyl.bin file is corrupt. I tried to copy that cd to my HD and install it but it gives me an error saying the file is corrupt. I just bought this POS and it won't even install. It's not my system's fault, I've been building rigs for over 10 yrs. Is there a solution for this? Sending to EA for a replacement would cost more than I paid for this junk. Hopefully Walmart will take back an opened game but I'm not confident. Any help would be appreciated.
coredump
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coredump »

I have got something like that, maybe it's the same :
be sure you have enough space disk for the game (obviously :wink: ) but also for temporary install files... something as big as the game space.

(don't know if i am understable :? )
steeltoe
Stock
Stock

Post by steeltoe »

Thanks, I've eliminated my system as a problem. I have 180 gigs free. I've read a ton of issues getting this game to install but they are all different with the exception of the directx failure.
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

You'll have to return it by the sounds of things. If its saying its corrupt then the disc itself is screwed.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Hmmm, problem is most video game stores won't accept returns on PC games once the seal on the box is broken. Tough luck here.
steeltoe
Stock
Stock

Post by steeltoe »

To top things off I can't find the bloody receipt. This is definitely the LAST EA game I buy EVER. Tech support was useless as ever. On a good note I bought GTR2 last night and what a surprise it works flawlessly.

Return to “Help & Support”