Whos with me?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Mustang90
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Whos with me?

Post by Mustang90 »

Lol, I'm sure everyone will go against me, but I don't wanna be a hypocrit.

I think being a ricer is not a disgrace to the "Tuner World." If a person isn't devoted to going fast, but wants a cool looking car, thats fine. If he wants only a lowered suuspension, and a 5 inch fart pipe as performance mods, thats ok. Its his car, and we shouldn't laugh at what somebody wants. If it doesn't go fast, it should just look cool.

Lol, but the people with the T-shirts that say "Vinyl adds horsepower" do need to be put in a padded room somewhere. Same goes for my buddy thats thinks the RX7 has a V6, which is the same engine in his probe(lol, probe).

lol, yea, thats a gay speech, but who's with me.
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

Hahahahahha, oké. Subtile body tuning doesn't have to be bad, but the real ricer who believes that making a car look fast means it goes fast should be locked in a padded room.

Oh, and do the RX7 a favor and replace the owner please!!! :D
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Agreed. (We) europeans are a bit more tolerant. There is no "rice" here, there is tuning (visual and performance) and then there is styling (just visual).

Then again in most countries here, overkill visuals aren't even legal, which keeps the styling crowd fairly realistic.

btw, does any one actually create true rice cars in nfsu? (that is, no performance mods at all). Rice looking, indeed, but usually they are also maxxed out in performance. Visual look wise, suspension and brakes are only ones that change the look of the car, so anyone use just those?

I generally max out my car (sometimes level 2 brakes), because I make ingame screencaps. And those are easier to make/better imo when driving with high power cars.
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

it doesnt matter if it runs 11's if its shiznit its rice, big kit, big wing bright colour = rice, osmething that looks bad is rice, or if u have a mustang with a gtr badge on it thats still rice
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

M_S wrote:it doesnt matter if it runs 11's if its shiznit its rice, big kit, big wing bright colour = rice, osmething that looks bad is rice, or
if u have a mustang with a gtr badge on it thats still rice
Are you calling this rice? :twisted:

master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

I agree with Mustang90
Not everybody has the money to upgrade the engine
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

Well, In Holland we do have a name for a Rice car.

Is called a VW Golf! It comes with a sewer pipe exhaust, angry eye look, BBS rims (or any other brand for that matter), roofspoiler, and the prime piece of this great car........a 1.3 4 cilinder engine none tuned engine!!!! TAdaaaaaaaa. /sarcasm mode on/ And believe me, it's fast because it looks fast!! /sarcasm mode off/

Seriously, rice or no rice? most of the time it's a matter of opinion.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Im with Mustang90. The problem is that those ricers:

1) Add REAL shiznit to their cars, like bodykits which f**k up the handling of the car and its security.
2) Think of themselves as the kings of the road and often do crazy and dangerous things with their "tuned" rides.

Apart from the fact that their cars look often UGLY.

I dont see problems as far as:
1) They dont do crazy things with their cars.
2) Keep the security of their rides adding good quality and safe parts.
3) Dont add outrageous vinyls/accesoires.

Remember:
TUNING = TO ADJUST your car in order to improve its performance (not to spoil it!!!) You can find this word in your Hi-Fi system. it is the wheel TO ADJUST the radio frequency.

To bogan: I love your Mustang. 8) I want one! :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

^Sparco^ wrote:To bogan: I love your Mustang. 8) I want one! :D
LOL who doesn't want one?!

Besides M_S that is.
How can you possibly think that billet aluminium racing wheels, a functional bodykit, roll cage, 5.0L V8 and side-exiting exhuast pipes can make a car RICE?

It's like the complete opposite!
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

There is a fine line. Rice, for me, means way overdoing it. HAving a snowplow front bumper is unnecessary, especially if it really isn't aesthetically pleasing. Same with having 3 pimped rims and 1 donut. I have seen some all right cars around here (VA), and I have seen some pretty laughable ones. Every other car has a cannon for a muffler but a few have other visual upgrades. Some have kits that aren't quite painted that look crappy, but when they are painted, they look awesome. It depends on your point of view. If you think that a kitted car with no performance tuning is "styled," that is your point of view. Some people may call it rice (check out the "AntiRice.com made a mistake" thread).
But...my opinion. Not everyone's.
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

boganbusman wrote:
^Sparco^ wrote:To bogan: I love your Mustang. 8) I want one! :D
LOL who doesn't want one?!

Besides M_S that is.
How can you possibly think that billet aluminium racing wheels, a functional bodykit, roll cage, 5.0L V8 and side-exiting exhuast pipes can make a car RICE?

It's like the complete opposite!

Hahahhahahha, right you are. Maybey M_S made a typo and really ment that a mustang with a GTR badge is Nice :wink: :D
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

Oh gosh....A "Ricer" Thread.

Ricers and people who actually buy vehciles for the performance aspect will ALWAYS argue on what is rice or not.

Alot of things can be rice. For example:

A Domestic Vehicle ie: Mustang, Camara, Firebird etc with body kits, neons, and a HUGE wing and GTR Badges is Rice.

A stock little Honda Civic with a D15 1.5L Engine with a monster Wing, Neons, stupid stickers and graphics all over it and with a huge Muffler....That cruises around town thinking he is hot shiznit.....Rice.

People see that and think that is the "Import Scene". Everyone see's that and thinks that is what is all about.

People like that give the Import Tuning Scene a bad name.

For me....I can not stand body kits, wings, stickers and stupid ricer crap. Why buy a vehcile and TOTALLY change the look of it? Why? You are just making it look awlful.

I probally have spent less money as a ricer would on a body kit with all the performance based parts on my car. $1,600 or less on my setup and hitting high 13's. A normal ricer would spend that much on a Full Body Kit, getting it painted, and still spend more for more junk.

I am done. End Rant.
MoWGLi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MoWGLi »

The is a huge line between clean and rice. But yet it doesnt take much to cross it.
Mustang90
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Mustang90 »

First of all, if someone wants to screw up a Mustang, let them. no one is making you drive it around, or even look at it. If you don't like bodykits, or anything like that, fine, but don't make fun of others just because they do. Just because they think they're awesome, doesn't really mean they are. Let them think they're great, they'll find out soon enough.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

well i yet to see a Skyline,RX-7,NSX to be Riced yet so lets be happy now people okay.and yes there is a reason why i left out the Supra.HINT HINT.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Err... Put a bodykit on a Skyline. Done. Riced it up a little.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

i dont understand why you people get so damn anal about adding visual mods, wings and front bumpers add a little to performance, in a sense that it helps the car stay on the the ground at higher speeds, so its not really that horrible...
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

well, the looks certainly matter, but u gotta have performance stuff too. now, if ur like a college student that cant afford to get BOTH, and u chooze the visual, then its okay. :wink: i no, cuz my cuzin is a college student, and he has all visual mods...doz that mean he's a ricer? hell no. he whoops every1z a** on the street and is a GREAT racer. :D so, sumtimes the looks can fool ya. :lol:
so, we're NOT gettin anal about it...atleast im not.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

EmptyWords wrote:i dont understand why you people get so damn anal about adding visual mods, wings and front bumpers add a little to performance, in a sense that it helps the car stay on the the ground at higher speeds, so its not really that horrible...
it is a kit that create downforce and a wing that is setup propperly! and in most cases the kit doesn't do anything exept create drag and the wings often do the same... so they SLOW THE CAR DOWN and don't make it handle better in ANY WAY!
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

now where did i put the Ultimate Supra Rice pic at?Damn it i lost it .ill find it someday.not that yall would want to see it.
Sil-Eighty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Sil-Eighty »

i geuss im wit u
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

You're kicking a topic, just to share a useless comment.
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

Agree, visual tuning is an option if you want to improve styling. Hell, almost every tuned car muscle or import you can find on web has at least rims changed. But, like some have said, having a loud exhaust, chinesse/jap symbol on rear window, eyelids and super bass sound system doesn't make one faster. And to be honest, to me seeing a heavy tuned car in morning traffic when everybody goes to work looks kinda silly. So, ugrade your engine to backup that bodykit and mean look, and nobody will say anything. Just don't put neons, PLEASE!

Return to “The Cars”