Is NFS 11 be even worse than Carbon?

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Does anyone actually get the story behind carbon?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

baumaxx1 wrote:Does anyone actually get the story behind carbon?
The story is totally screwed up!
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Yup, there are so many plot holes you could drive a double-decker bus through them.

In several of the cutscenes Cross is just sitting in his Corvette. Why? He's seeing what's going on, and doing nothing about it - pretty crap bounty hunter :roll:

What happened to the Supra you were driving in the first cutscenes? Did it magically turn into a BMW with the same vinyls between when you left Palmont to go to Rockport?

After you defeat Darius, who's car does he go off in?

Confusing and incoherent are the only words for it.

These and many other questions will be answered in the next episode of "Hang Larry LaPierre from the nadgers until EA can make a coherent story".

Personally, I would quite happily forgo the story altogether.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

at the end there when darius drives off it just leaves ea a opening for the next nfs
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

wich will lead us to a crap game :/ i mean common!! for not so many minuts ago i raced against wolf in his lambo in a canyon race and i tboned him but he didn't move an inch :evil: i mean hello??? he should fly way like a firetruck bird if i t-bone him at 280km/h!!! but no he just kept going :/
Laudy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Laudy »

joablo wrote:wich will lead us to a crap game :/ i mean common!! for not so many minuts ago i raced against wolf in his lambo in a canyon race and i tboned him but he didn't move an inch :evil: i mean hello??? he should fly way like a firetruck bird if i t-bone him at 280km/h!!! but no he just kept going :/
As for that, EA never really made the effort for physics (they put in lines - less work) only =D> Porsche 2000 =D> . You could actually feel the car...
Laudy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Laudy »

How do you know that the next NFS is going to be crappy?

...the ES have done it yet again; I mean: a FHM babe in a NFS.

Come on, man! I know they want to sell the game to a wider range of people, but man 25 - 50?!?. Anyone see the irony/sarcasm/STUPIDITY???

How about that appeal? Doesnt it sound better?(you DONT want an erotic racing game)
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Well if EA doesn't make some major changes to the AI i wont even bother to try the game, I'm so tired of that AI can toss you around like a wet glove and when you hit them they just drive on like nothing has happened but your car spins like in frenzy. Also the LAME catch up system has to be removed and replaced with SMART AI that doesn't drive like on a rail road, this isn't 1999 any more its freaking 2007 soon.
itay1r
Ricer
Ricer

Post by itay1r »

Ceano wrote:Well if EA doesn't make some major changes to the AI i wont even bother to try the game, I'm so tired of that AI can toss you around like a wet glove and when you hit them they just drive on like nothing has happened but your car spins like in frenzy. Also the LAME catch up system has to be removed and replaced with SMART AI that doesn't drive like on a rail road, this isn't 1999 any more its freaking 2007 soon.
so true that its sad :(
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

speaking of nfs story...
have you guys actually noticed this so called story has been the same since U1?
you start either as nothing or as big shot
some jerk screws you over and you start with some crappy car working your way up till you beat the guy and end up getting useless ending....

you exit MW with the M3, you start carbon with it and end carbon with the R8
i'll bet 50 (virtual) bucks that nfs11 will start you off in the R8 where you lose to some other d00d, again start in some lame slow car working your way up ending with some other overpowered vehicle... only to start over yet *again* with the same thing in nfs12 :P

EA needs to worry less about the quick easy money and release a truely proper game so it will keeps fan instead of getting rid of them like is happening now..
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

yea ea does need to stop worrying about if their gonna get money and more focused on the game and the nfs community(to help the game)

EDit: i think most game company oughta listen to their community
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

does this sound like a bad idea? The game should start with EVERYTHING already unlocked and you must earn money and choose what u want to spend you money on, whether its a more fancy car or just some high end rims.
korge
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

korge wrote:does this sound like a bad idea? The game should start with EVERYTHING already unlocked and you must earn money and choose what u want to spend you money on, whether its a more fancy car or just some high end rims.
Sounds a bit retro, kinda like the old games. Which is NOT a bad thing. ;)
So no, not a bad idea. :)
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

omg_drifting_firetruck wrote:i think Carbon is fine the way it is except for the random crashes to desktops
So is that just a bug and not my graphics card overheating, my Radeon 9550 didn't come with a fan so i assumed it just overheats and the game crashes as a result.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

StreekG wrote: So is that just a bug and not my graphics card overheating, my Radeon 9550 didn't come with a fan so i assumed it just overheats and the game crashes as a result.
I have a Radeon 9800 with a fan, lots of graphics features turned off or dialed down and I still get the same results. Very common for people. It seems to be more of a stability issue on EA's part.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I just want LaPierre quit the nfs team soon....that's what i want really.....
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

EA should get the award for best bug ever -.- crashing to desktop that is ;)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I wouldnt call Carbon a game that failed. Its good, nice content. The only problem with that is that if before EA went with Quantity > Quality now they seem to change it into Quality > Small Quantity. I mean customizing is good, main idea is good and such, AI looks much better. But game could do with more tracks, more parts and longer story. ofc if EA takes down cheaters online completly then ill be more then happy to race online rather then offline.
Last edited by Abrams on 04 Dec 2006, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
UnDeRtAkEr2k
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UnDeRtAkEr2k »

Abrams wrote:I would call Carbon a game that failed. Its good, nice content. The only problem with that is that if before EA went with Quantity > Quality now they seem to change it into Quality > Small Quantity. I mean customizing is good, main idea is good and such, AI looks much better. But game could do with more tracks, more parts and longer story. ofc if EA takes down cheaters online completly then ill be more then happy to race online rather then offline.
I am so there with you Abrams ... that takes all the fun out of it. It is like what happen to the ole days when you could go online and play and not have to worry about the other person cheating :?:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

joablo wrote:EA should get the award for best bug ever -.- crashing to desktop that is ;)
on the PC I had 2 crashes that made my complete PC crash.... and I had to reboot.

Never had that with a game before (atleast not a game that was brand new and build for the operating system that your using.)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

UnDeRtAkEr2k wrote:
Abrams wrote:I would call Carbon a game that failed. Its good, nice content. The only problem with that is that if before EA went with Quantity > Quality now they seem to change it into Quality > Small Quantity. I mean customizing is good, main idea is good and such, AI looks much better. But game could do with more tracks, more parts and longer story. ofc if EA takes down cheaters online completly then ill be more then happy to race online rather then offline.
I am so there with you Abrams ... that takes all the fun out of it. It is like what happen to the ole days when you could go online and play and not have to worry about the other person cheating :?:
ugh lol, in first sentence of my post i said would in place of wouldnt.

p.s. It crashed for me twice but no reboot, just to desktop.
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

Ceano wrote:Well if EA doesn't make some major changes to the AI i wont even bother to try the game, I'm so tired of that AI can toss you around like a wet glove and when you hit them they just drive on like nothing has happened but your car spins like in frenzy. Also the LAME catch up system has to be removed and replaced with SMART AI that doesn't drive like on a rail road, this isn't 1999 any more its freaking 2007 soon.
In 1999 (NFS4) you could actually tailgate AI racers and smash them against walls...
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

You wouldn't have crashing issues if you played on console :wink:
Laudy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Laudy »

But still...not even one aspect of the game is perfect and in overall, its just lame.

Hey! autosculpt; no, just a little customizing parts, too bad...

Pursuits, hmm lets see - dont need them actually...

Story...khm....yes quite...

Gameplay - do I need to repeat your thouhgts(AI, repeating tracks...)

But there is a good side, IMO, the cars, not the tier system, just the cars. Their presence, just so they are there, and they are tunable....speed...... :lol:
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

l2k wrote:Try to look from other perspective, imo, EA has put some serious effort in Carbon, like incoperating popular racing ( "touge", drifting), bigger car list, etc. However, EA is not Blizzard, they put earning at the 1st place. Would you make a game per year with moderate improvement over last one, or, would you make 1 game that costs you a good 3 years ? Is why Blizzard made some uber games, but EA earns much more than Blizzard imo.
Actually Blizzard got a lot more with WOW, and Burning crusade is going to double it. Just to think, in the beginning there were more than 3 million on-line players that gave almost 50$ for the game plus 30$ every 3 months...
EA lost much this year, and if they don't do something, it's going to go downhills for them, maybe even ends with closure of some studios. My opinion is that they need to stop making sport games for PC, because, if i want to play football-basketball, i'll do it in real world not computer. They need to produce more quality RTS (in last couple of months, hell, years, there hasn't been one really good strategy), racing games (most of us can't afford Porsche or Lambo to race on track) and action-adventure.

Return to “Carbon”