CD Burner

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Focer
Drift King
Drift King

CD Burner

Post by Focer »

I need some help pleale. My CD/DVD burner might be broken. Every time I try to burn music to a CD, it burns normally like half way, than gives me a massage that there was an error, and it couldn't complete it. I tried burning through Windows MP, iTunes, and Sonic, but it does the same thing. I tryed different CDs, different music, but it still does it :cry:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

I guess it's broken then... Apart from trying to update the drives firmware, I'd get a new one. DVD+R/RW's don't cost much anymore.
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

Cd/DVD rewriters are pretty cheap mate. £20 gets you a DVD rewriter so if you have tried everything, just buy a new one. They're also easy to fit too.
P4-2.8ghz-1gb ram-Radeon 256mb X800XT
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

I dunno why but i feel that CD/DVD writers etc spoil very fast...

I bought like 4 different ones in only a year...and all of them seem to get broken or stop working :?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Bad luck? How much are you using them? I've had my DVDRW for a year now with no problems. The CDRW I had before that I used for several years.

And you had to BUY 4 new ones? Why not just get a replacement under warranty? Or did you do something to void the warranties...in which case you can only blame yourself.
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

I never had trouble with any of my DVD rewriters. I have two in my system, one was to replace a faulty Cd rewriter. Just bad luck i feel mate.
P4-2.8ghz-1gb ram-Radeon 256mb X800XT
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

vellu wrote:Bad luck? How much are you using them? I've had my DVDRW for a year now with no problems. The CDRW I had before that I used for several years.

And you had to BUY 4 new ones? Why not just get a replacement under warranty? Or did you do something to void the warranties...in which case you can only blame yourself.
Hmm..i didnt want to go through the hassel of getting them replaced and stuff..cuz in the UAE ..u have to do alot of research to find the right dealer's location..and answer 100 of questions , etc..
So i voted on buying new ones,..and the reason they get rendered useless so fast, imo is because of the dust here :| .it just keeps pouring in houses every where ( I know its the desert here and all..but ).Last time my gpx card overheated due to the dust..and now i think its the same reason for my dying Cd drives :P

Return to “The Hardware & Software”