Quick, MP3 player to choose!!!

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Quick, MP3 player to choose!!!

Post by korge »

I got two options and price isnt a problem.

Green Apple Ipod Mini 4gb (1 to 2 scratches on back and font. Nothing major, Works like a charm)

or

Black Creative Zen Micro 6gb (Whole thing is pretty scrathed up as in light scratches, no cuts like on the ipod. Face seems to be lifted due to some kind of drop. Works fine aswell. Back cover for battery no longer locks in place so a slight tug may pull off cover)

Both are use and I need something. I tried both and both work, its all just about the value.

I only spent 45 on the used Ipod, but I may want the Zen just in case. Should I do the trade? I may end up spending around 40 to 50 on the Zen..
korge
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Go for the Zen. Lots more features. Eat my craps iPod.

(And especially since you get +2 gigs with the Zen. 4 might seem like a lot, but songs aren't really 4mb each. Only if they sound like crap, they are. So you might get like 300 songs on the 4g, but 500 on the 6g.) *any MP3 except iPod* forever! Yes i'm anti-ipod, because they are for fashion people and are a waste of money.

EDIT2: Well the Mini is a good iPod. (The only non-waste of money.) Since the Zen is in horrible condition, then you might consider the iPod.
Last edited by Stereo on 20 Jan 2007, 01:43, edited 2 times in total.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

The iPod seems to be in better shape, so I'd stick with that.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

well, Ill stick with the Ipod.

However , I want to rip the 1500 songsalready on the Zen. My PC wont read it though. It keeps acting up. I know this is becuase of no drivers, but still, there has to be a way around.
korge
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Since its old it might need a USB 1.0 slot? I'm no techie with MP3s, but try it. ( if you can find one ofcourse)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I'm sure it would be backwards compatible. See if you can download the drivers from the Creative website.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:I'm sure it would be backwards compatible. See if you can download the drivers from the Creative website.
drivers didnt help and neither did anything on their site.

I checked all manuals, patches and programs. There has to be a way. I want the music, just not the player.
korge
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The Zen Micro is USB 2.0 compatible.

I just looked on Creative's website and it appears that the latest edition of the drivers is incompatible with the latest firmware available for the product (wierd). Since you probably can't upgrade the firmware right now, download the older set of drivers for your player from the Creative website. If it doesn't work, then the Zen's USB port is probably busted.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs ... ation+disk

I think I may be screwed.

When its connected, it sees it, but requests drivers. I dont have original disk
korge
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Have you tried downloading drivers? They're available on Creative's website. Here's a link to the Windows XP download page for the Zen Micro.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I installed that one and it doesnt help when the PC cant even recognize it. It sees it, says "Zen Micro" Then tries to do the drivers wizard, I rac the driver and it didnt do anything.
korge
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Found something interesting. The driver download packages available on the website won't install if there aren't existing drivers on your system. And the only way to get existing drivers onto your system is by using the product CD.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

You can try going "somewhere" and downloading the product CD...
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I wonder if that "somewhere" goes with that lime on your sig. Anyway you might be able to buy a new CD online somewhere, whether it be ebay, amazon or creative, someones gotta have one.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I gotta return the darned thing tommorow. So I think I will just remove the microdrive from it and return it sayign its busted.
korge

Return to “The Hardware & Software”