New PC Patch still in Consideration ?

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New PC Patch still in Consideration ?

Post by Skyline_man »

A post by EAcomSmoothie (EA rep) was made at the EA Boards 4 days ago regarding the PC patch for NFSC.
> good idea, but it sounds exactly like last time
> around, when we were waiting for Most Wanted to get
> finally fixed or Underground 2 or Underground for
> that matter
>
> obviously EA seems to care about their customer's
> complaints only to a very small extend
>
> Psy

Please get all facts before mouthing off in speculation. Bugs, glitches and techincal issues were collected with the diligent help of some key community members as well as the forum mods and sent to the development team for review.

Then we had a little ditty called the holiday break to which some folks have not yet returned from office from.

Until I can get some concrete intel myself, I'm not yet at liberty to say whether there will or will not be a patch. But for the record, it's my recommendation that there be one.

~ Smoothie
At least we can still hope for one. [-o<

Sources:

EA Boards.
NFS-Planet.
| Ryu |
Drift King
Drift King

Post by | Ryu | »

We will need to hope a lot, knowing what EA's like. : /
redarmy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by redarmy »

Yes, but that's ALL we have left... Hope, that is...
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

[-o< (<- 'nuff said)
coredump
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coredump »

And I hope... to be able to play !
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Let's pray brothers.....just GOD will illumine the guy called LaPierre this time if the "team" decide to do a "patch"....
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I'm down on my knees - which way is Mecca, BTW? :lol:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

DarrenR21373 wrote:I'm down on my knees - which way is Mecca, BTW? :lol:
Agree. I'll go with u.... :lol:
Qasoo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Qasoo »

Yes please say EA are just making a new patch!
woooot im a noob!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I for one believe a new patch will be released. EA has admitted to having mistakenly locked a few cars in the game. If they don't fix that, and force us to pay extra to download the cars as downloadable content, EA's public image will go down the drain. EA don't want that.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

That's all just talk and nothing more, Smoothie has nothing to say about it if it's going to be a patch or not. He did say the same thing when we waited for the 1.4 patch for MW witch EA decided not to make after all like they did promising to do, they just ditched MW and said that they moved on to the next NFS game instead.
coredump
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coredump »

Ceano wrote:That's all just talk and nothing more, Smoothie has nothing to say about it if it's going to be a patch or not. He did say the same thing when we waited for the 1.4 patch for MW witch EA decided not to make after all like they did promising to do, they just ditched MW and said that they moved on to the next NFS game instead.
A heretic! he doesn't believe ! burn him !
yammer_y2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yammer_y2 »

EA's contradicting themselves all over the place. The last time in some interview, they said that all work on NFSC was done and they would like to move on to the next game.

Geez, I really wonder how much EA pays EAcomSmoothie to tell all those lies. How does he live up to his conscience???

It's gonna be a miracle if EA really makes another patch for NFSC.
*sig removed for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Erm, where exactly is he lying? All he says is he doesn't know. People need to stop reading too much into these things.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

well just hope for the best and prepare if it doesn't come out
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

coredump wrote:
Ceano wrote:That's all just talk and nothing more, Smoothie has nothing to say about it if it's going to be a patch or not. He did say the same thing when we waited for the 1.4 patch for MW witch EA decided not to make after all like they did promising to do, they just ditched MW and said that they moved on to the next NFS game instead.
stfu dude....anything can happen :x
yammer_y2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yammer_y2 »

Erm, where exactly is he lying?
Well, he did say that there was going to be another patch regarding unlocking the 'accidently' locked cars but now he claims he doesn't know a thing. Wasn't he making false claims?
*sig removed for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

yammer_y2 wrote:
Erm, where exactly is he lying?
Well, he did say that there was going to be another patch regarding unlocking the 'accidently' locked cars but now he claims he doesn't know a thing. Wasn't he making false claims?
The post I read stated only that he was looking into resolving the 911 RS issue, since there are no online moderators to race for the PC platform.
2. PC Moderator Unlock - There is no means of unlocking the 911 currently. I'm looking to ways to resolve this and have a couple options, but I can't talk about them yet as it's in the hands of a few groups within the organization. But rest assured I'm looking to fix it. We made a mistake, no way around it. I'll make it right.
The intention is there. Whether or not he can do anything about it remains to be seen. His intention is probably an honest one, but from his words, it seems that it isn't entirely up to him. So any attempts could be squashed despite any efforts the guy might make.
3. Looking to see what options are available for a PC patch. I've got a comprehensive list of requests that I'll be sending to the team. More on that as it develops. No promises, but they are interested in what I'm collecting.
I really don't see any blatant lies being told in that admin's particular post. There really were no guarantees made. The closest to a promise was the issue with the 911 RS, but even then, the guy stated that it's not entirely up to him to decide how it'll be resolved. He mainly stated an intent to make things right.

If those higher up in EA tell the coders that they won't be making patches, that they'll be committing their time to the next game, then that's all there is to it.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

xturbo wrote:
coredump wrote:
STFU on you idiot, its freedom of speech!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Ceano wrote:
xturbo wrote:
coredump wrote: A heretic! he doesn't believe ! burn him !
O rly? then u can start talking bs to someone then and just pass unnoticed if there's FREEDOM to speak whatever u want ;)
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

xturbo wrote:
Ceano wrote:
xturbo wrote: stfu dude....anything can happen :x
O rly? then u can start talking bs to someone then and just pass unnoticed if there's FREEDOM to speak whatever u want ;)
IDIOT!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Oh yeah, real mature.

Return to “News”