Need For Speed 11 Wishlist

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

Augustino...welcome. Well, I definitly agree with numbers 1, 5, 6, and 8. And I like the idea of "finding" stuff and exploring.

Now, I have another idea. A "Cilok Convoy Drift"...Cilok is a kind of street racing (usually done on motorcycles, but cars could be used) done in Malaysia where the objective is to slalom through traffic. In this case, it is a Cilok....it involves a convoy of trucks, and you are trying to drift ("drift ended" if you hit a rig). Maybe there'll even be a bit of CB chatter from the convoy to liven things up (then again, maybe not) This could be an event on one of the intercity highways (which there should be)

~Ra'akone
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

Bring back drag racing, also include some small outlying towns plus the abilitie to drive around the city or drive to some small town just for fun, and include a mp3 inport feature so you can listen to your mp3's if you get tired of the default songs.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

augustino wrote:1)A more thrilling storyline with lots of cutscenes (as in Carbon, but most of them made actually no sense);
Why do you want a storyline with cutscenes? I just want to race, having to pay attention to what other characters say and do is just annoying me. It's a game, not a movie :P
Apart from that, you have some rather nice ideas there :)
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

Morty, the storyline and cutscenes would only be for career mode. You'd also have an MMO mode, and the races and challenges. No cutscenes needed (except maybe the flag-girl getting into position and the countdown).
Maybe some races there'd also be audience at the beginning and/or end (which of course is one and the same if it's a circuit!)

~Ra'akone
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Yeah, the career mode is what I'm talking about. I really dislike the storylines in MW and Carbon. Wasn't too happy about the ones in U1 and U2 either, but I've forgotten about those. The flag girl, the countdown and an audience is ok tho, but the useless drama stuff from Carbon is totally unnecessary. IMO, that is :P
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

I want some actuall Ferraris and be able to customize the BMW with body kits and stuff.
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

So what should an ideal "backstory" for the career mode be like, Morty, in your opinion?

~Ra'akone
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I know I'm not Morty, but the ideal backstory for career in my opinion would be a simple tournament style, with no stars or useless drama. In other words, a RACING storyline, the way racing games should be.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Raakone: The ideal backstory is what Porsche-AG wrote. :)
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

To Porsche and Morty, thanks for that clarification. Personally I don't agree, but hey, we have our own opinions, eh?....I guess you want a "back to the roots" approach, as it where?

now, another thing...maybe each one of us could post something of an "ideas for NSF11", that is, if you have a relatively concrete idea what it should be like, the regions, any special races, etc...or should we just stick to what we're doing now? If we have really "concrete" ideas, should we start seperate threads, or is that a bad idea? (if it is, I understand)

And another idea, for career mode.....that there are several different racers, with different backstories, and each with a different starting auto or starting choice of autos. And each one begins in a different region. One of these racers would be the "Man with No Name" who was in Carbon, MW, and possibly U2 (there are some vague hints in MW that there is a connection). And in that case, maybe that one should just be called "The Racer."

And another idea for a kind of challenge...."survival." At first glance, it seems like a sprint. Or maybe a checkpoint. EXCEPT....the other "racers" will be trying to incapacitate you. If you end up "flipped" (by them OR by hitting a wall) or "boxed" (they've surrounded you and you can't get going), YOU LOSE! Does this idea sound sadistic?

And there should be different types of racer AI. INCLUDING AI "Blockers" (they don't seem as concerned with winning as they do with helping someone else, by doing what your Blocker would do...except it might be done TO you!) Also, there'd be many different styles and such. Some are more skilled at taking corners, others aren't. Some will use NOS all in one whack, others (especially in later races) will use it INTELLIGENTLY. you don't always want to race where everyone else always seems to know the track perfectly, and always use their autos to the fullest potential (or sometimes, even BEYOND what's supposed to be capable when you can't). Maybe some even have a tendency to swerve (or their steering's out of whack).

~Ra'akone
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Those are great ideas Ra-akone, but I don't think they fit in well in the NFS series. And some of it seems quite confusing with the unique AI reactions and whatnot. I'm not saying that NFS should have no variation in its games, just that the variations should be simple, yet not too over the edge.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Sorry for splitting up again, just feel it's easier to reply this way... :P
Raakone wrote:To Porsche and Morty, thanks for that clarification. Personally I don't agree, but hey, we have our own opinions, eh?....I guess you want a "back to the roots" approach, as it where?
Yeah, I'm not expecting everyone to share my views on everything. It would be nice, but it would eventually get boring as well :P But yeah, I still hold NFS Porsche as my all time favorite NFS game, and I really miss the old games. Would be awesome to have that type of game back, with new technology. :D
now, another thing...maybe each one of us could post something of an "ideas for NSF11", that is, if you have a relatively concrete idea what it should be like, the regions, any special races, etc...or should we just stick to what we're doing now? If we have really "concrete" ideas, should we start seperate threads, or is that a bad idea? (if it is, I understand)
Well, I've posted my wishes in at least 4 threads now, and since this thread already has 10 pages, I'd say it's best to just keep it here for now. A lot of wishing threads could get confusing, and we'd probably have to make an own section for ideas, and that's not up to me :P Tempting tho...
And another idea, for career mode.....that there are several different racers, with different backstories, and each with a different starting auto or starting choice of autos. And each one begins in a different region. One of these racers would be the "Man with No Name" who was in Carbon, MW, and possibly U2 (there are some vague hints in MW that there is a connection). And in that case, maybe that one should just be called "The Racer."
This might surprise you, but I'm not all against this idea. :P A little concerned about the quality of each career story, but since I would probably ignore most of that anyway, that's not really important. This is kinda how I was planning to do the Career Mode in Carbon tho. I first did it with Muscle only, and was going to do it again with tuners and exotics as well. However, I mostly played thru the Career to unlock cars for quick races, and suddenly it wasn't that interesting to play thru it again. I also didn't like having to complete everything to unlock stuff, I rather want to play for cash rather than unlocking parts, but that's a different story. My point is, if it's done right, this could work out pretty well. :)
And another idea for a kind of challenge...."survival." At first glance, it seems like a sprint. Or maybe a checkpoint. EXCEPT....the other "racers" will be trying to incapacitate you. If you end up "flipped" (by them OR by hitting a wall) or "boxed" (they've surrounded you and you can't get going), YOU LOSE! Does this idea sound sadistic?
I'm not sure I'd like this. It's kinda like mixing rival crews with cops. I never liked the whole crew thing in Carbon, but pursuits are ok, I just don't like having to spend ages trying to evade a pursuit. Also, this has more of a "Burnout" feel to it, and with the current car physics and damage model in NFS, it just wouldn't work properly. Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure NFS is the right game for it...
And there should be different types of racer AI. INCLUDING AI "Blockers" (they don't seem as concerned with winning as they do with helping someone else, by doing what your Blocker would do...except it might be done TO you!) Also, there'd be many different styles and such. Some are more skilled at taking corners, others aren't. Some will use NOS all in one whack, others (especially in later races) will use it INTELLIGENTLY. you don't always want to race where everyone else always seems to know the track perfectly, and always use their autos to the fullest potential (or sometimes, even BEYOND what's supposed to be capable when you can't). Maybe some even have a tendency to swerve (or their steering's out of whack).
More intelligent AI would be great, and in a MMO type of game, it would make the offline part a little more interesting too. I've seen different racing styles for AIs in older NFS games tho, I remember an AI named "Crash" in NFS2, who always crashed on tricky high speed parts on certain tracks. It was really cool, and he had some pretty insane crashes as well. So yeah, AIs with different skills would be very nice :)
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

Ok,tommorow I'll start posting installments of what I'll call "Need for Speed: Overdrive"....which is a HYPOTHETICAL game based on my ideas.

But I'll just give a bit more detail now, abtout he "multiple career paths"....in Carbon, once you have a career, you have to establish a new alias for another one. Not so here. In fact, in order to unlock all the stuff, and find all the secrets, and race all the races, you'll need to use everyone. There should be a reason more than just "The thrill of starting with another car" to extend the shelf life.

Certain events, hidden races, and normal races will vary according to who you chose. And in some cases, this will also affect who you race against (but all the "main" bosses and most of the "lone wolves" will be available to EVERYONE)

"Lone Wolf"? That's a term for those special racers (harder than average) who aren't in any crew. Some of them, though, you can get wonderful rewards, if you can best them.

And also, choosing from one of the different racers doesn't just affect where you start and what you can earn, but maybe even the difficulty (or at least difficulty curve, certain racers start at an advantage relative the others).

Some more stuff tomorrow!

~Ra'akone
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

One thing I'd like to see, provided that it's a return to the Underground, is being able to choose custom colored headlights, window tints, and neon. (Like the same way we can pick between different shades of body paints and wheel paints.) 8)
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

And now....
Le Ra'akone presents....
Need For Speed: Overdrive*
(Part 1)
*hypothetical name for hypothetical NFS11

We'll begin by looking at some of the selectable racers, and their starting points on the map. Oh, and I'll throw in another idea or two first...
Cafe/Truckstop/Service Centre/Diner: Sometimes people here may challenge you to a race. There's also gossip, info on secrets, etc, so drop by. Be careful, there's a few who may decide to inform the 5-0 when you drop by, so don't stick around the same place for too long.
Top Cops: Besides the various forces, you also have "special" cops who really have it in for you. They tend to appear at higher heat levels, or when you've done certain things. They're tougher, and some have special abilities like jamming your GPS, smokescreen, using a special "magnetic grab" (put it this way...you become a "Drafter" for them and thus they keep up with you....hey, if there's electric EMP rifles then why not magnetic grabs?), but crashing/disabling them can do things, might open up secrets or enable certain races. But try at your own risk.
Lone Wolves: These are special racers. They are not affiliated with crew. The lower level ones are those you easily pass in many races. But some have made a name for themselves. They may be secrets. Some will challenge you to special one-on-one races. Some may even have really good (and impossible to find) custom parts or they may give you info, IF YOU CAN BEAT THEM! A few might even join your cause...again, you must prove yourself worthy.

Note: The further one gets, the more area is available to race in. Generally, at the beginning, only your starting town/city and a bit of area around it will be available. But, at the end, every racer will be able to visit every location.

Name: "The Racer With No Name." (From MW and Carbon)
Intro: Shows a car zooming down a highway. It shifts to a flashback. It shows Nikki. "You don't have to do this....but I understand. You always were the racer." Shift back to the scene on the road. Then to the end of Carbon, albeit distorted. "Remember, there is always somebody out there faster than you, and sooner or later, they're gonna catch up." The words "catch up" echo in an eerie manner. Back to the road. And then Nikki again. "The Audi might be marked. Take the Subaru. And be careful, honey. If anything happens to you, I wouldn't forgive myself..."

Beachview, Suffolk and Drywood:
Beachview: quaint town with good view of the ocean. Has some hilly and windy roads, but nothing too intense. Also has Route 33 going through it. Beachview is controlled mostly by the Surf Lords. There's also some secrets here, for those who dare to explore.
Suffolk: Might not seem like much, but there's actually a stadium with a track in the middle, built for a major auto race that never materialized. It's where Rotor-4, who unsuccessfully tried to make a toehold in Palmont, is based. They are led by Flywheel, who may be a bit insane, but he's good at racing. When you're through with the track, there's main street, and then there's also "The Trail", a former railroad right of way where the track was lifted. Being once a major route, it's wide, and straight. Parts of it are being paved for mixed use, but some are still gravelly. Still, though, being nice and straight, it's perfect for a drag race, such as to....
Drywood: A ghost town. Sometimes used as a place to gawk. But some have set up shop in this uninviting place where tumbleweed regularly tumbles through. Someone known as "Billy" hangs out here, in his modified Ford. If you can make a name for yourself, he might want to race....
Cops: Beachview and Suffolk have their own municipal police, and they prefer Crown Victorias, but have a few pickups as well. There's also the Suffolk County Sheriff, who uses Caprices, as well as Jeeps (especially for Drywood, where some of the roads are sub-standard). Route 33 is under the domain of the Highway Patrol, who sometimes use aerial surveillance. If one of their planes catches you, things go into "yellow alert" and cruisers will be summoned. The best thing to do is find the nearest exit, or you'll have problems. And don't return to the highway until the yellow alert passes. Also, among the cops, is someone who's got a new badge, but he isn't new to the police business. He got his foot in. And, he once again has it in for you. Yup. Cross is back!
Route 33: on Route 33, once you have enough rep, there's a Cilok Convoy Drift. Drift rules, except you have a "rolling" start (like in Canyon Duels). There's a convoy of trucks of different sizes to weave through, and if you slow down too much for too long, it's over. But try to just keep "at speed" if the highway is in one of the parts with more turns, you are with trucks after all. And a "drift" ends if you hit a truck. As you move along, some truckers will find you annoying, or worse, think you're "bear bait." Some may start swerving as much they can (especially smaller vehicles) so WATCH OUT. The drift finishes once you've passed the lead of the convoy. The other thing about Route 33, it's where there's a service center halfway between Beachview and Suffolk. Pop in for some greasy food, and great hints.

Name: Ferdinand "Freewheel" Gomez
Intro: We see a Cadillac on a rural highway. Then a flashback. "I have to leave. My sister in Omaha needs me. But you need this!" A man throws a set of keys. Ferdinand catches it. "Please, don't let me down."

San Pedro and Oceanville
San Pedro: very similar to the San Juan of Palmont. Almost a carbon copy. Almost. Also has a highway cutting through it. Los Colibres, led by El Loco, call this their home.
Oceanville: This city is effectively two parts. The Core, a bustling metropolis on the mainland, and Shark and Turtle islands (which are effectively joined), and have a distinct Polynesian flavor to them. The Core is not claimed by any single group, although a few, such as the Syndicate, led by Razor (yup, THAT Razor) are making a serious bid. Shark and Turtle, on the other hand, are under the dominance of the Teines and Tamas, led by Aveolela "Big A" Susuolemasina. She favors muscle cars, doesn't like upstarts, and is known for the phrase "Tofa Soifua, SUCKER!" Also, due to a cruising scene there, at night there are patrols near the beaches and bridges by the police, or "Leos" as they are known on the islands (from Samoan "Leoleo" or police).
Five Pebbles: Small village near Oceanville
Route 68 and the Devil's Spiral: One is a highway, the other is a mad spiraling mountain road (hence the name). Yes, many races happen on Devil's Spiral. They say you'd have to be mad but...it happens. Also, halfway up is a small diner. Devil's Spiral also has a few branches, one leading to an abandonned mine, another providing an alternate route, and yet another that leads to a development that never happened and loops back.

The Cops: San Pedro's police are known for two things. Their warnings and markings being bilingual (English and Spanish), and....their Impalas. They also have a few modified SUVs for occasional Devi's Spiral pursuits. The Oceanville County Sheriff prefers to use Chryslers. Oceanville City, on the other hand, uses Ford Mustangs, and Rhinos. In the area is Moses "Big Mo" Lauli'i, who drives a Rhino, and the detectives Frederico and Sully, who use a Ferarri and have a personal grudge against people like you.

Look out for: With the Devil's Spiral having multiple routes, twists and turns, hairpins, a view, and lots of danger (some of the guardrails are afterthoughts), quite a few races are done here. Are you up to it?

I'll have part 2 later. Please comment...and any ideas, please comment.....
~Ra'akone
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

:shock: lots of typing but it's interesting
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Wow Ra'akone, you've really thought about this haven't you? You might be able to start your own racing game franchise! :D Again, it's very unique, and sounds a lot more like a racing/adventure game than just a racing game. The themes you have suggested might work extremely well if there was to be a game where it is mainly an online role-playing game where the main thing you do in it is race. You could meet other people and have your own little hideout from the police.

But this all comes back to the point that NFS was started as a racing franchise.
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

Hi. I'll have part 2 later.

Well, I guess the thing about ideas depends "from which on-ramp you came." That is if you imagine the series as being like one of the countless roads that have been raced on. The company that made the first NFS, before it was swallowed up by EA, had previously worked on one of the Test Drive games, as a result, the NFS could almost be seen as an "offshoot" from that. That game entailed driving long distances, and watching out for cops. NFS 2 could be better described as being along the lines of certain arcade racing games. The first to have anything resembling a "career" mode was Porsche Unleashed, and then by Underground they decided to go along the lines of the "Fast and Furious" movies. The on-ramp I came on was "Carbon," hence that is how I am used to things, as an adventure game where you do different kinds of races, and have to deal with cop chases.

I'll have something on my proposed "MMO Aspect" of Overdrive soon enough...

~Ra'akone
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I haven't actually played from the original NFS series though either, my on-ramp was NFS: High Stakes. The damage models in the game weren't the best but it was enjoyable and realistic with the graphics they had to settle with at the time. Now with advanced graphics and the next generation game consoles, you'd expect the models to get better, but instead they turn their attention to the dramatization and other unimportant aspects of the game, which is why I'm not that crazy about these newer games.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

I remember i made up an idea with the same title NFS: overdrive 6 months back but damn Ra'akone, your idea is awesome. So much detail and new type of gameplay is in your story and i like it!!!

cant wait for part 2

oh yea my idea.

ea to fix your game of all bugs!!!!
and i know it wont happen but stop making exclusive cars to exclusive version =/ I wanted to koenigsegg but didnt happen...
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

Need For Speed: Overdrive (Part 2)

Name: Tyrone Jackson
Intro: a couple of birds walking across the road. They stop, and then fly away. Moments later a Jaguar speeds by. It then shows the car. A voiceover is heard. "You're cuckoo. This is the big leagues. They''ll eat you alive!" Then you hear the character's voice. "Ya Right!"

Laketon and Combined Steel
Laketon: It's far from the coast, but it's big. And it's full of lakes, hence the name. Some of the streets are irregularly built as a result, and there's plenty of bridges. Clayton Heights has the Big Zig, a really long zig-zag road that runs uphill. Wanna race up it? Or drift down it? Prove to Destiny that they don't own the district. The Zone and the Way Out also have claims. This city also has a few streetcar lines, be careful, being hit by a streetcar is like being hit by a Rhino. Just because they call it "Light" rail doesn't mean it won't make a dent on your ride. The Laketon Loop is a local racetrack with a few too many turns. And Rusty's is very racer friendly, be sure to drop by!
Combined Steel: Not so much a city, as a major industrial district,plus a small commercial area, mostly catering to workers. Those stores have a common parking-lot that's set up a bit like a maze...perfect for drifts. Be careful, sometimes there's lots of heavy trucks. Then there's also the Laketon and Beachview Western, a railroad with a big presence here. Along many of their tracks are access roads, that are as straight as the train-tracks they follow.
Blue Woods: A forest. A few houses in it. Big whoop. Except that the roads are wonderfully windy, and at times there's a cliff or lake on one side. Also, there's Jeff in his "Custom Machine", somewhere there.

The Cops: Laketon has its own municipal police force, a mixture of Plymoths, Dodges, and Jeeps are their choice of ride. Then there's Sheila Farringdon. She's the mayor of Laketon, and a former police lieutenant. She's a bit nuts, she got in on a tough on crime platform, and when she isn't doing her mayoral duties, she cruises around in a modified Checker cab. And she'll gladly help the police in any way she can, even in ways that make no sense. Including her all out jihad against street racers....HERSELF. Tarkington (the official name of the "Combined Steel" town) also has cops, in Victorias. Another thing, because of fears of runaway trucks, or possible terrorists, some of the roads have special "stopper" poles built in, that are normally retracted, but can be made to come out of the ground. If the heat escalates to level 2 or greater, they may be activated (and stay so until the end of the cooldown period). And around the railroad, you have to watch out for the L and BW "Bulls" (Railroad police) who do have jurisdiction over roads that are considered "railroad property", and they use crown Victorias and Jeeps to do their job. Flat County Sheriff uses Saturns.

Name: Amelia Shepherd
Intro: We see a Mazda RX-8 speeding along a road. It's driven...by a woman. She zooms by. A Pontiac cuts her off and screeches to a stop. The window rolls down. A tough man is there. "This is a man's game," he warns her, before speeding off.
"Then you're not a real man," she thinks, and everyone watching can hear that thought.

Goathill, Puebla Del Oro, Dry Creek
Goathill: It's very mountainous, Devil's Spiral is tame by comparrison. The weather varies alot, parts of it often have SNOW. Hence there's also ice. Not for the faint of heart. The Goatboys own this area, and the owner of that offending Pontiac is one of their rank. Vinny and his Ferrari are also somewhere here.
Dry Creek: Hills also, but not as extreme. This is an idea of what Dry Wood would look like if it hadn't been abandonned. Next to the town, and in some ways interlocked with it, is a native reservation with some intact Pueblo buildings. And then there's a question of roads. The better ones have gravel, others are dirt (mud when it rains). But there is a highway nearby, which "Gus" likes to use for racing.
Puebla del Oro: A complete contrast to the other areas. Nicknamed "Little Las Vegas." Lots of casinos and glitter. And two crews battling. In one corner with two casinos, and the "Paradise Flats" community, we have the Dons. And in the other, with more casinos and lots of hotels, as well as a factory, we have, the Loaded Dice (symbol: a red snake around two dice). And the Loaded dice seems like they were transplanted from somewhere....they are essentially a reincarnation of Stacked Deck. And Darius is in charge. He was beaten once already. He won't make that mistake again. In the middle of the city is a very large parking garage, a good chunk of it is officially "closed"...but is it really? No...it's now used for racing and drifting, of course!

Cops: On Goathill, there's lots of light SUVs. Also, because of the nature of the area, they are one of the first forces to use helicopters, at a lower heat level than usual. Also, there's a local militia/vigilante group, the "Goat Men" (not to be confused with the Goat Boys) who tolerate the Goat Boys but are hostile against everyone else, and will aid the cops in stopping you. Dry Creek and Pueblo it's jeeps, hummers, Rhinos, and other off-road vehicles, due to the condition of the roads. Be prepared. Puebla Del Oro is a bit weird. They have "scouts" who are Vollkswagen New Beetles (some of them are undercover), and they try to stay away from you while spying. The actual "hitters" are Camaros. The Sheriff of Oro County also uses Camaros. The actual Sheriff himself, John Brown, uses a high-end Camaro. Also, note that if you use the highways alot, the highway patrol is especially active.

Part 3 is later
~Ra'akone
DarkestDream
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DarkestDream »

Nice thoughts man, i like it, and i have an idea for the endings: similar to Most Wanted but with lots of cops, helicopters (i am adrenaline addict btw)...or you can pursue "the boss" all around the state.Just a proposal...
God bless cars, speed, adrenaline...
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Wow, you've really thought this thru :D
Looks great so far :D
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

Ok, now it's time for Need For Speed Overdrive, Part 3

Name: Darek Filmore
Opening Scene: "Hey, you're racing THAT thing?" It shows some guy looking at it. "A Lincoln?" It shifts to show him on the road. Then it shows another flashback. "You're gonna drive your pappy to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that..." Back to the road.

Willingdon and Tunneltown
Willingdon: It's a small city. It has a few odd streets, and a couple of dead-ends (a local tradition is that the start and end points of Sprints and sprint-derivatives (e.g. Speedtrap) are dead-ends)). It's the new turf of Bayview's former race-master, Caleb, and his Street Reapers. There's also an abandonned airbase nearby, where certain races are handled, a re-creation of the "Underground Racing League." Samantha and Rachel are also in town, if you can find them.
The Mountain Pass: What do you get when you cross a Canyon road with an Interstate? It's two roads, each one-way (in theory, anyways), and many access, passing, and "runaway" roads as well. And someone is clearly sadistic, one of the events here is a Cilok Convoy Drift...AGAINST ONCOMING TRAFFIC! Crash into a truck, it's over. Go off...well, you get the drift (pun intended), eh? There is a nice long stretch that gives a break from the mountain and has a rest stop and trees, but there also tend to be "bears" in the area.
Tunneltown: Up in the mountains, many winding roads and hills. Also lots of pedestrianized areas with cobblestones (but everyone heads in when they hear car engines, so don't worry about hitting anyone). The upside, pedestrianized areas mean no traffic...except when the cops come. But I hope you're good at driving on cobblestones. Also, it has the best transit system for a city its size, lots of streetcars. And there's even a couple of streets that have train tracks on them...STREET RUNNING (I mean as in MAINLINE trains, not streetcars). Be careful! And plenty of tunnels (hence the name). What kind of weirdo would hang out here? Just ask U1s Eddie, who's set up shop here. And for some reason, he has some "Street X" races arranged, that aren't as long, but can be annoying (and remember, no NOS in Street X).
Oakville: Unlike some cities that share its name, this is an out-of-the way village. Not even big enough to have its own police force (they depend on the Sheriff and the state), but there's some secrets there. Including the road to get there.
The Cops: The Mountainside Sheriff, rather uniquely, uses modified Mazdas, as well as SUVs when things get hairy. Up in Tunneltown, it's mostly smaller European cars you have to worry about, they're better suited for the windy roads. HOWEVER, they have some modified Jeeps just for such an occasion. The Tunneltown Transit police also throw their Camaros into the ring if you are "in the way" of streetcars. Willingdon's "pigs" use Plymoths and Chrystlers. Then there's the guy known as "Revolver S.I." who drives in a Lamborghini.

Name: Sarah Brightman
Intro: A flashback of her getting the keys to a BMW. There are birds flying around. Then it shows the present, she's on a road. "They loved me, but, then, they grew distant," she muses. "And then..." Another flashback. Same place, on the grounds of a large estate. "To symbolize the merger, you are going to marry my partner's son, missy!" A man in a dark suit and a Borsolino announces.
"It will be good for everything," says a woman who's dressed expensively, presumably her mother.
"I gave you millions of dollars, your own car, now that you're 18, you will repay the family, for the Brghtman glory!"
"No!" screams Sarah.
"What will you do, race off? You won't last out there, YOU KNOW IT!" shouts her father. You hear an engine start. "I won't take this sitting down, you'll be sorry."
NOTE: as a special challenge, Sarah's BMW begins with a Heat Level of 2. Mr. Brightman knows of his daughter's rebellious nature, and her love for speed.

South Beach: This is probably the biggest city in the area. It has a number of distinct areas. First, there's Chinatown. Home of the Lee siblings, "Silent" and his sister "Loud." They are the leaders of Yin-Yang, half of the cars are white, half are black. Also, there's a major elevated road in town shaped like an enormous 8 (it is lucky, after all). And yes, there's all kinds of races involving it, including the only known "Drag Circuit"....turning's done automatically, just concentrate on your gears, lanes, and speed. Then there's Florence, it has a distinct Italian flavor, and it's high up. The roads between it and the main city are "Canyon" roads (I realize I'm using the term incorrectly, but who cares?) That's where the Altos rule. At the other end, is Plata Island. There's also parts of the beach there that are accessible for racing, in fact, the local crew there, The Sandworms, insist on it. Also, Aveolela's cousin Lili lives here. There's also a place that has some of the best parts, but it's a bit out of the way (the way involves gravel roads and part of the beach). Camden is a completely different area, mostly industrial, and there's also a shipyard. La Huerta is a small residential neighborhood with lots of straight streets, as well as a couple of commercial streets. And next to it is The Square, the main business area. In both these sections, the Hammers hit hard. There's also a ring road that goes through this city. And when you're through, maybe you may want to go to the quaint suburb of Orwell. There's Jay's Diner there, and Jay himself has a nasty secret....he too has a need for speed.
Cops: Mostly SouthBeach cops, as the entire county is also the city of Southbeach. A mixture of Crown Victorias, Chevy Impalas, Chrystlers, Saturns, and Impalas are assigned to different parts of the city. Be careful that Plata Island, because of cruising, has night-time "cruise stoppers" who'd gladly stop a street race. The SBPD also have GMC Jimmys for when things escalate. And then there's the "Alpha" and "Beta" elite squads, who have high performance vehicles (and they even use NOS if nessescary!). Alphas are bad enough, but pray the Betas don't come after you. Also, the north-south road, and the ringroad, are under the jurisdiction of the Highway Patrol. They use Barracudas and Chargers. Because of the area, they don't use aerial surveillance planes. But at higher levels, they may sic the choppers on you. And the State Police (normal division) will attend to the highways before they spill onto the streets. Too many cops? The canyon roads up to Florence are generally safe, most of the time.

I think 6 racers, 2 of each class of car you could start with, is sufficient, eh? In the MMO mode, however, you have far more choices in terms of racer and starting car. Also....there are more than 6 counties, first you do "your" county, then the neighbors open up, then the rest of the 6.....the next part, the "elite" counties. None of the racers start there, and things can get really interesting. Also, playing certain racers give you different starting advantages and disadvantages, including the local challenges, the type of car you have (some are easier to "learn" to drive than others), and sometimes, other factors (such as Sarah Brightman having Heat start at level 2). Also, the way certain events happens depends who you are. For example, if you're the "Racer with no name", both Darius and Razor will have nastier comments, and they'll race harder. Also, Cross will come at a lower heat level when you're in his county. And certain special races and other events will open up that are racer specific. Part 4....we'll look at the "Other" counties. Any questions? Just ask!
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

No offense man, but that's a lot to take in at once and I don't know if everyone here has the patience to read all of it. Have you considered creating a website dedicated to your ideas?

Return to “ProStreet”