iPod Videos

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

It may be simple, but the iTunes has to convert all the files into AAC, and I prefer to leave them as WMA or MP3 files. And for the Samsung Media Studio, it's basically exactly the same as iTunes, except it has a more user-friendly menu bar.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

you dont have to convert them to aac. they are in m4a format when you buy them from itunes but i dont get my music from there. all the music on my nano is 160 kbps mp3
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well I know that I don't have to convert them to AAC, but the iTunes does it automatically when it's not bought from iTunes (which is a rip off). I know of 100% legal sites to get 128 kbps songs for 10 - 30 cents each.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i just got my zen v plus today and it looks to be more feature packed than my nano. i also like th more vibrant screen than the nano's white screen. and music importing seems to be 10X times easier than itunes.
BTW: for those that use itunes, does your itunes mess up the names of the tracks sometimes ? for example the song called better than me by hinder i tunes will change it too better as the title and than me as the artist but the file will remain unchanged in the original location :?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

The only thing I like about Ipods are the storage capacities, mine only holds 128MB of music (because they are nothing more than simple headphones you plug into your computer) but they are very cool.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

My friend said you can get videos from google and put them on your iPod without haveing to convert them, is this a load of BS?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Black Fire: Do iPods use an ".flv" format for videos? Because if so, then your friend is perfectly correct. You just need to know what programs/sites to look for.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

Well I didn't even think that you cam download videos from google...
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Wait... Google? I'm not so sure about that, I must have misinterpreted you and thought you were talking about YouTube, in which there are ways to download the videos, one way that I know of.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Yeah, you can download videos from Google, but you have to download a separate program that will play them.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Yeah, you are actually correct about that. I just checked the procedure I use for YouTube videos and it works with Google Video as well. Black Fire, if you want to know the way I get videos off of those sites and many more, just PM me and I'll be happy to tell you how, and it's an extremely simple way of getting videos.

Return to “General Discussion”