A Revolution of Speed is coming

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

All the GFX in the first part look great but due to to last NFS games I am not taking ANYTHING the show for granted, even if the first part is ingame it does not mean it will look like that on the finished product.
Things like the moving exaust and the open wheels (you can see trough the wheels and see the ground like it should)
But then The trailer and first ingame shots of MW had that also (the wheels that is)
I have the MW PS2 demo that came out very early and you could see trough the spokes and see the ground and I was like yeah finally they did something logical instead of the black wall on the back of the wheels where you can see trough.
But sadly the stuck with the simple option and put in the black low res no detail backside of the wheels just like U1 and U2, and even Carbon still had that.
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

Don't get to excited fellas! this is EA we're talking...
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Did u see the exhaust moving when the car engine started working?
And it's absolutely about drifting
And it may uses the engine of Burnout OR they used the engine fot the trailer only lol!
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I cant belive i didnt go in the news forum i missed this totally! :( Oh well im going to keep an eye out on this now hehe, also the graphics are so so excellent its a good thing i have a Xbox 360 :wink:

Downloading Videos..... :D

Edit: Okay HOLY shiznit now thats another NFS game first off look at the number plate oh and i think EA may be trying to copy Forza 2 coz it is on a Circuit... Slow Motion is your friend and yeah... im just drooling but also i have my doubts but yes that was quite interesting.. here is my shot what i took in 100% Slow :lol: looks as though we may have interior even know it was a teaser

ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

doubt it they will do interior.. thats just long... ur not even goin to see it in the game -.-
Explicit signature removed.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ill bet if you keep complaining about the nfs games here and ea comes here and sees this, there might not be a nfs 12, and all you guys are complaining already and there hasn't even been a press release.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Is it any wonder my first thought was: Juiced 2, followed direct by Forza 2?
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

They did interior in MW. But where;s the driver? He woulda flew forward but then the windsheild would be shattered.

OMG yay more ghosts driving!
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Wow it looks awesome!! This will be mine fore sure! Graphics are sex and the sound of the car is awesome! I think we will have damage this time.
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

it's awesome ... but I don't understand one thing ... on 31st may EA will launch the next generation of NFS?! :shock:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Well it has only been said 345 times before so I understand you did not get it.

NO ofcrouse they are not going to release it the 31st of May.
The official press release (in other words more info will be shown) will be on the 31st.

Fishwhiz, lets just all cheer and be happy and admire the greatness of EA.
And accept everything they trow at us.
If we don't complain about stuff how in earth do they know what we want.

BTW if this will be a full Drifting game I think my NFS collection will end with Carbon.
And I am not waiting for a racerboy invested website here.

Yes I am persimistic, so? The recent NFS games have made me not instantly fall in love with it.
'93 Cobra
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by '93 Cobra »

i'm not holding my breath.

hell, i'm content with my GT3....
Game Completion: 86%
Career Completion: 100%
Challenge Series Completion: 66%
11/11/06
blindreap3r
Stock
Stock

Post by blindreap3r »

I think the new NFS will have everything. If you guys havn't noticed theres a new revolution of games being published. Its changing soo fast. Mayby we will have a cockpit view!!

Fortunately I have 2 nvidia 8880GTX in SLI
thestephman
Ricer
Ricer

A few things to say

Post by thestephman »

1. This is EA. EA wouldn't put out a teaser, and a SPECIFIC DATE, if they weren't sure that people would like this game. How would they know? possible reasons are: new features. crashing(P.S. they obviously added crashing because they seen the huge boost in sales of burnout).
2. These may not be actual ingame video footage, BUT theres no doubt in my mind that the graphics will look this good, if not better BECAUSE this last year, the ps3, and the wii have been released. both systems have killer capabilities so obviously ea wants to throw out a good game for people to buy.
3. They have been working on this for a F***ing long time because they've known about the ps3 release and wii release for a while now(much longer than any of us) and also, carbon was actually something they had a SEPERATE team to start working on DURING the production of this game. EA knew that new systems were being released so they didnt want to put this game out until they knew capabilities of systems, and sales of systems. the reason they put out carbon was because they wanted to wait for these systems to come out, and they didnt want to disapoint people by not bringing a game out at the time they said they would, the reason they didnt want to wait to release that is because they would make people mad, and they everyone would think down on ea and not even bother to buy this game.

hope all that helps:)

P.S. sources= sisters brother-in-law
he works with ea but doesn't have anything to do with NFS :(
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

well if all the rumors of this being a graphical game just to bring out the best in the new systems are true, then this is a rich person's game. i don't have $16k for an aurora alx or a falcon northwest mach v just to play one game and use windows vista. gaming used to be fun for me, but recently it's just become too expensive for anyone like me to think of doing it in my spare time. it's truly ridiculous. for the same amount of money i could have a 1999 used corvette and a new exhaust system! (saw one for sale for little over 14k in the paper yesterday)

and at 2furio: there were LOTS of people i knew who were psyched about carbon's release. maybe not here, but how often do you check non-nfs fan sites for nfs related topics? there were a lot of people who were like "omg this looks great!" then they bought it and were like "this is just plain crap!"
thestephman
Ricer
Ricer

someone tell me

Post by thestephman »

look at the attached... tell me if you think this is rendered?

both shots are of frame by frame
Attachments
rendered or ingame2.JPG
rendered or ingame.JPG
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Ooohh, dude....something is messed up with your Quicktime encoding...
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

Well if you put it that way, obviously the scene shown in the screen captures are processed using an app, or else you wouldn't have music and text in the video. Oh, not to mention there are several different angled shots, which is quite obvious that it is not natural in the actual game itself.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

man. i think i still wont buy a next need for speed game until they accomplish everything that a racing game should be.

this is just a teaser, and i have fallen for ea's need for speed teasers for 3 times now and fallen in their trap. not again it will not happen.
2furio wrote:Wait...is this a new NFS game? I thought it was another NFS Carbon event or something like that. Meh, I don't see anything special about it. Looks a lot like Rockport...

EDIT: Why the Hell does the RX-7 have different front and back rims? Oh...this cannot be good. If EA lets you modify each wheel individually, we may see a whole new generation of ricers...
LMFAO
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

Fishwhiz wrote:ill bet if you keep complaining about the nfs games here and ea comes here and sees this, there might not be a nfs 12, and all you guys are complaining already and there hasn't even been a press release.
The people who post here represent an extremely small percentage of NFS buyers/fans; complaints registered here won't stop EA from making the games.
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

BGam-3R wrote:
Fishwhiz wrote:ill bet if you keep complaining about the nfs games here and ea comes here and sees this, there might not be a nfs 12, and all you guys are complaining already and there hasn't even been a press release.
The people who post here represent an extremely small percentage of NFS buyers/fans; complaints registered here won't stop EA from making the games.
fluffyduck EA! 8)
Gene7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gene7 »

look at the wheels, the diff rims are there for a purpose, the rear wheels are a lot wider than the ones in the front
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Gene7 wrote:look at the wheels, the diff rims are there for a purpose, the rear wheels are a lot wider than the ones in the front
I noticed that too. Though I'm still wondering if the teaser is showing a drift race or something else... :?
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

its about time :D hehehe i reupgraded my pc just in time lol
Maverick2K4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Maverick2K4 »

It could be EA's official Formula D game, since they do sponsor Formula D. But, who knows what it's going to be until next week. We will have to wait until then for the official press release along with more screenshots and videos.

Return to “News”