NFS Pro Street Exclusive First Look

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I think I heard them mentioning dx10. Not 100% sure though, but they assured us that they're not leaving the pc version behind.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well, I guess now I just have to decide whether I want to get it for Nintendo Wii or PC. Any suggestions?
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

What about the sounds, they felt good? This has been like the best thing on the latest nfs games, hope they kept doing well ;)
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

if they are upgrading to dx10....dam :( don't think my crap computer can handle the game(must upgrade somehow)
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

do i need any form of DVD Drive
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

viper16 wrote:do i need any form of DVD Drive
On the official website, it says PC-CD but we can expect a special edition version of the game which will be PC-DVD...
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

they said carbon was PC-CD and it was PC-CD/DVD for the regular one
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Well...if you're in Europe, you will definitely be getting the DVD version. Apparently, the North Americans are kind of behind with technology...so it will be a while until we will get NFS on the DVD here....
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well what about Asia, where everything is made? Will they be getting a DVD version as well?
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

viper16 wrote:am i going to need a stupid dvd drive or cd-dvd for it
DVD-Rom drives are like $30 now.
LethalVirus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LethalVirus »

I'm sad about customization being less than Underground 2, but hey, what are you going to do. Sounds like a good game. 19 months, I knew Carbon was only filler :twisted:

I don't care which cars are in the game. As long as I get my Gallardo it's all cool.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

Bojan nice job on the article. But this game is giving me a tingle i like it i like it alot haha i thought they would really make another carbon look alike this is really kinda going back and forth threw old nfs games and they changed the physics its about time :D
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Bojan wrote:I think I heard them mentioning dx10. Not 100% sure though, but they assured us that they're not leaving the pc version behind.
Well, if they upgrade to DX10, then they will indeed be leaving the PC version behind. If the expected launch date is November 2007, DX10 cards will still be insanely expensive and rare. I'll cross my fingers and hope that EA doesn't make such a stupid mistake.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

prince1142003 wrote:
Bojan wrote:I think I heard them mentioning dx10. Not 100% sure though, but they assured us that they're not leaving the pc version behind.
Well, if they upgrade to DX10, then they will indeed be leaving the PC version behind. If the expected launch date is November 2007, DX10 cards will still be insanely expensive and rare. I'll cross my fingers and hope that EA doesn't make such a stupid mistake.
well i dont know i would love it if they did..but just cause its DX10 does that mean that no one that dont have vista and DX10 video card can play it what so ever?
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

Looks like this one is gonna be good , still EA blackbox ,closed track , various locations on the world , real physic , damage that impact gameplay, crazy good graphics. Honestly i really dont care much about cops and freeroam , as long as its a good racing game , just hope that the game wont be buggy the previous games, and the system requirement wont be too high, i have a 8800gts though , if this game require the GTX or Ultra to play it a maxium setting then it's a real killer one.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Well, unless they include DX9 backward compatibility, only Vista users will be able to play the game. A DX10 card isn't required as DX10 can run DX9 cards (as of now), but not all graphical features in the game will be available.

But if they include DX9 backwards compatibility, what's the point in making it DX10 in the first place?

So, just cross your fingers and hope EA doesn't make one of those stupid mistakes it's infamous for.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

oh well i dont think they will i hope...hahaha i got the 8800gt i just want to test it out on a game i want to play in dx10 but blah gota know everyone else dont got vista(not to mention some dont even have xp ><) nor dx10 gpu's and
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

prince1142003 wrote:Well, unless they include DX9 backward compatibility, only Vista users will be able to play the game. A DX10 card isn't required as DX10 can run DX9 cards (as of now), but not all graphical features in the game will be available.

But if they include DX9 backwards compatibility, what's the point in making it DX10 in the first place?

So, just cross your fingers and hope EA doesn't make one of those stupid mistakes it's infamous for.
I dont think EA is crazy like microsoft to make another Vista exclusive game like Halo , of coz it's gonna have DX9 compatibility . BUT DX10 is "advertised" to run games about 6-700% faster than DX9 (i hope so) , and have better graphics ,although lostplanet DX10 run alot slower than DX9 version and doesnt have much graphical improvement , i think if a DX9 version of NFSPS run with all those volumetric smoke and ambient occlusion turn on , it will crawl like 5-10fps even on a high-end PC. So the point in making a DX10 version is they can have better performance , better graphics, also technology have to move on , u cant just stand there and say "hey , what's the point in making this and that anyway".
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Have you seen Lost Planet: Extreme Condition? They have a demo for DX9 and DX10 users, separately. People with DX10 cards will have the advantage since the game will look better. Note that the great smoke effects that will be implemented are made with Shader 3.0, so probably only users with DX10 will be able to enjoy the game with the best graphics while DX9 users will have to settle with a bit less in the graphics department.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Ummm, Shader Model 3 works with DX9. It's Shader Model 4 that's exclusive to DX10.
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

2furio wrote:Have you seen Lost Planet: Extreme Condition? They have a demo for DX9 and DX10 users, separately. People with DX10 cards will have the advantage since the game will look better. Note that the great smoke effects that will be implemented are made with Shader 3.0, so probably only users with DX10 will be able to enjoy the game with the best graphics while DX9 users will have to settle with a bit less in the graphics department.
honestly man , the DX10 version of LP sucked :( :( :( , i hope they improve the performance when it's released.
Guil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Guil »

OMG! They finaly killed the $?$/%/ catch up. Here at least one good point. Atm, everything look not bad, I just pray than the 60 cars won't be like in carbon, 30 working and 30 bugged.
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Well I have vista so I can play Nfs Pro Street for sure :D
Looks like Nfs is getting better now....
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

Hi Bojan! Can you keep track of your cars hp in Pro Street?thks
360sPYDER
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 360sPYDER »

I have one question...

Will the ps2 version of the game be same as the other platforms (exception from graphics)???
I love Ferrari !!

Return to “News”