NFSMW freezing when I beat Razor...

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
focusfan
Ricer
Ricer

NFSMW freezing when I beat Razor...

Post by focusfan »

Today, I just completed all requirements to race against Razor, and I won every race against him. When the snapshot is taken after the last race, I press the A button (I have GameCube version) and the game immediately freezes.

The sad thing is, I have to race him all over again. So the second time today, I raced against Razor and won, game froze again at the same snapshot screen.

I have no idea why it's freezing. Maybe it's because the memory is all used up? Maybe it's a bad copy? Maybe it's because I'm at heat level 2, instead of 5 (in order to get to heat 6)?

I won't race against him again until I can find out why the game keeps freezing. It's the only thing preventing me from getting to the endgame.

If anyone could provide some insight on this problem (how common is it, how can I fix it, etc?) I'd greatly appreciate it!
focusfan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by focusfan »

Oh, man, come on, somebody on here must have a non-PC version of the game?

I just beat him for the third time, and the game freezes yet again.

Please Help!!!!
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Check the disk.
mjdude23
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mjdude23 »

I bet he did
focusfan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by focusfan »

Yeah I did. checked the disk, saw some scratches, cleaned them off, raced and won for the third time, same problem.

I guess I will have to send it in for a replacement disk (Wonder if there's a Black Edition for GC? Guess not, the GC gets the short end of the stick...) and hopefully the problems will be fixed...

Any other suggestions before I do send it in?
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Maybe your GC is heating up.

Try tomorrow or something.

And if I'm not mistaken, they have Black Edition for every system.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Toshiro: I would think it has nothing to do with the GC heating up if the game freezes in the same spot every time.
I think it's quite obvious the game is the one to blame.
Just send it back.
lol wut
focusfan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by focusfan »

I don't think it's the GC heating up either. I had only been playing for an hour or so (4 of the required races, plus 13 minutes and additional time for the Milestones, and the 5 races with Razor).

The disc is not even scratched. So maybe it's my saved on the memory card? But the game works fine otherwise, until I beat Razor. I've had the game freeze on me in other areas of the game but currently I believe those occurences were random. This thing with Razor, maybe he's purposely freezing the game so that I'll never, ever beat him... lol!

Regarding the Black Editions, on Ebay, I found BEs for XBOX, PS2, and PC. I searched for "Need For Speed Black Edition Cube" and got zero results. I'm positive that the GC doesn't have a BE. Which sucks since I'd like to drive the Camaro, looks sweet as hell!
focusfan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by focusfan »

Oh, and a couple more questions:

1. If I do beat Razor on the replacement disc, and the game freezes again, what should I do?

2. When/If I beat Razor, will I be able to modify the BMW in Career mode? Because from what I've seen of it, and its performance, it could be better. I don't like the rear wing, and the handling is quite tight (understeer). And I will be able to change body parts?
focusfan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by focusfan »

OK, so I just beat Razor for the 4th time, and yes, the game froze again.

So i'm gonna send it back for a replacement. I got the game for Christmas... and since it's past the 90-day warranty period, I'll have to pay for a replacement, as well as shipping and handling. Should I send the game in the game package with the game documentation inside?
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Send it to EA with a bomb strapped to it.
tfinl2
Stock
Stock

VS Razor freezing

Post by tfinl2 »

hey, focus fan do u have the 14 bonus cars going on 15
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

don't triple and double post man :lol:

Try to start a new carrer ( i know it sounds bad) and see what happens when you load the first save.
Maybe ur savefile is corrupted.
Always turn off your console when the savegame process has ended, maybe you turned off ur console while the game was saving. :?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

pshh, duh it's not heat... I left my PS2 on for two weeks straight once, went back, and MW still ran fine... untill I got surrounded by plastic pigs... then got kinda sluggish :?

Return to “Help & Support”