Do u hunt?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Mopar_Muscle wrote:Yeah Glopaticki, 30-06 is effective in hunting deer. Where I'm from, the 30-06 is the preferred caliber of choice. That is not only preferred, but it is about the only thing that is used. Most people around here do as you said, and tend to aim at vital areas of the deer to kill it almost instantly.

Then again, around here, there is a lot of people who use the new composite bows to hunt with too.
My brother just bought a compound bow, and i believe that they are seriously underestimated. Not only do they kill effectively they are quiter than guns *derrr* and some areas are restricted to bows. There are videos out there where rhinos and bufallos are killed with a single arrow to the heart/lung area. The broadheads used are razor sharp and go through muscle like a hot knife through butter and the only thing that would stop it is heavy bone and sinew.

As you said hunetrs tend to aim for the vitals, i believe that should be on the top of their lists when it comes to hunting game. The animal deserves a quick and painless death, thats the least we can give em.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i have a 160 pound crossbow. and i do agree they are way underestimated that thing can rip right through trees. i have yet to hit so,mething small with it though.

but all too often when hunting deer you dont get the clean shot and end up shooting them in a less than desireable place like their intestines and they they run away with the guts hanging out ..... it sucks
Mopar_Muscle
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mopar_Muscle »

Yes, and the drawback (haha) of the bows is that you have to be closer to get a better shot.

Yeah Glop, I knew everyone knows that, but I just kind of stated it, because around here, you can't walk into a house without seeing a deerhead hanging from a wall, or something like that.
Sig In Progress haha.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

o well we have a deer head hanging on the wall too. its when you see the animal suffering that you want to make its suffering quick and painless
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

i personally dont hunt cause i cant aim worth crap but i fish.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I just go fishing it relaxes me :) it's funny how my hook always goes through the fishes eye..
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I enjoy alot of outdoors stuff fishing, camping, hunting etc.

@race invader- lol maybe ur fish eat with their eyes unless by hooking them in the eye u mean it goes through their mouth and out of their eye, then your probably yanking the line too hard when the fish bites. :D

But at least its hooked well
Mopar_Muscle
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mopar_Muscle »

I haven't been fishing in so long. Although My cousin and I are planning on taking a trip to florida soon, and going Deep sea fishing..
Sig In Progress haha.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Glopaticki wrote:@race invader- lol maybe ur fish eat with their eyes unless by hooking them in the eye u mean it goes through their mouth and out of their eye, then your probably yanking the line too hard when the fish bites. :D

But at least its hooked well
Haha damn fish well i hook them in the eye but i don't know why it always happens even with the big fish :?
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I've shot fish with a shotgun.......good old 410 shottie, carp didn't hav a clue. LOL
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

hmm interesting i should try that with my .22
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

darknight788 wrote:hmm interesting i should try that with my .22
Just make sure your at a good angle when ur shooting the fish, if its too low the bullet might zing of the surface, happened to a friend who was behind the tree and a couple mates were shooting ducks and one of the pellets ricocheted and hit him. Just a surface wound but still imagine if it got him in the eye
DodgeRULES
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Do u hunt?

Post by DodgeRULES »

i have never been hunting my parents won't even let me fir a cap gun and we can't buy BB guns cos the illegal and i can't get a gun license cos my mum has to sign off on the papper work. my mate goes hunting every second weekend or so. last time he shot an 80KG boar and then he had to skin it, he was shiznit nervous! :lol:

i might go to the gun range this weekend and shoot a .44 UNLICENSED, HELL YEH. you guys are my inspiration!

=P~
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Nice to know ur using an illegal handgun and its people like you that have made Australian gun laws the way they are and why licensced firearm users in Australia are hated by politicians and greenies. Every time an illegal gun is used who is blamed? Licensced shooters! And why would ur mate be nervous skinning a boar is beyond me. And what kind of range lets you use an unlicensed gun?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

DodgeRULES wrote:i might go to the gun range this weekend and shoot a .44 UNLICENSED, HELL YEH. you guys are my inspiration!
:roll:

BTW, I find the fact that your username has to do with Dodge simply hilarious. :lol:
DodgeRULES
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DodgeRULES »

they have a trial thing for $100 u get 2 fire several different guns, and the club has an exemption or something so people can shoot the .44!

they said that the $100 pack included 6 shots of the .44 so if they lied i won't spend my money there, I'll go somewhere else!

and WHAT is wrong with Dodge?

and plz don't blame me for the gun laws blame that stupid lady in Canberra that said that Army Cadets Can't shoot the standard army issue riffle, just blame the outlaw gangs and crap as well, not me!
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Cadets can fire the Steyr if they're 18+, so I'm guessing that you're not.

Save your $100 for something useful, or at least not illegal :roll:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

now what i dont get is why is it illegal to have a sawed off shotgun ? i have an extra barrel for my shotgun which is a 28 inch barrel and it is too long im thinking about making it a sawed off barrel that i can use around the farm, the extra spread really helps when your trying to get pigeons,black birds and whatnot
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Its got to do with the barrel length for any gun. In Australia they have certain lengths you can have a barrel before its illegal. Its all about the fact that if u cut back a shotgun, its more concealable. I have a 410 i wouldn't mind cutting back but not allowed.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

firetruck it im sawing it off. nobody is ever going to know atleast people who you would typically not want to know about these kind of things
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

As long as nobody knows i guess it would be ok and as long as you don't go parading your sawned off shotgun down the street i guess it would be ok.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

of course not lol, i will just put my normal barrel on when it is in my vehicle

Return to “General Discussion”