Pro Street: PC or PS2?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Drift king92
Ricer
Ricer

Pro Street: PC or PS2?

Post by Drift king92 »

I can't wait until the new NFS game comes out. But, I can't decide whether to buy it for PC or playsation 2. I like to customize my cars, and I imagine thats easier on PC, and I'd get to share my cars on this site :D . But I also like to race my friends and sometimes my dad on the playsation. If anyone has any tips on which one to buy, it would be greatly appreciated.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Pro Street: PC or PS2?

Post by Fishwhiz »

pc. the ps2 version of carbon was horrid, so get it on the pc.
Drift king92
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Drift king92 »

Yeah, i got carbon for PS2. It wasn't so great. thanks :D
Anyone else have opinions?
I have a different question as well. In carbon, was it really easy to do vynils on the PC version?
Because on the PS2 version you had to hold down the right stick to move vynils and it took forever to get a good loking vynil.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

PC...like you guys already said carbon on ps2 was bleh and there were lots of cars left out(PC of course has that advantage)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

the vinyl system probably sucked just as much on pc as it did on ps2 (never played the ps2 version but the system was bad trust me..)

as for you choice... if your pc is powerful enough, pc is the obvious best choice
game will look (much) better, will have support for any possible patches/mods or w/e will be created in the future

if your pc is old though, you might just be better off with the ps2 version..
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

PC will always surpass console versions. I've seen the version of Carbon on the PS2 and I'm glad that I have it on PC.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Jopuma wrote:PC will always surpass console versions. I've seen the version of Carbon on the PS2 and I'm glad that I have it on PC.
PC doesn't have splitscreen so your statement isn't true. Plus, not all PC's are better then the nextgen consoles. I think the 360 version will beat many PC's.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Tyrant wrote:
Jopuma wrote:PC will always surpass console versions. I've seen the version of Carbon on the PS2 and I'm glad that I have it on PC.
PC doesn't have splitscreen so your statement isn't true. Plus, not all PC's are better then the nextgen consoles. I think the 360 version will beat many PC's.
On the contrary you can play people on one computer with splitscreen. And it's true not all PC's are better, but most are. The 360 as far as I know doesn't have dual or quad core CPU's, doesn't support dual monitors, and I think it has something like the nVidia 8400 or something rather than the most recent 8800. Also probably only 1 or 2 gigs of ram as opposed to PC's being capable of supporting up to 4 gigs.

Let's just get back on topic ok.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

This is like choosing between Tetris DOS game and a Nintendo 64 games... :P
What will you choose?
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Well actually, X360 is based on a modded, amped version of DX9 so it may look a bit better, like how MW looked tons better than the PC version did on Max settings.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Erasertheman
Stock
Stock

Post by Erasertheman »

Hey all. I have a burning question, when pro street comes out i want to knw if u guys now what graphixs card would run it? I would much apreciat it if u guys would let me know thangs gents and have a grait day
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

We can't be 100% with wat graphics card will run it but most likely any mid range to high end card will do the job. Best bet is to wait 4 the demo before you go out and buy a graphics card.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

considering recent games.. i'd say geforce 6 series or higher would be minimum
7 series or higher would be recommended though.. you want proper detailing right? :mrgreen:

if you can easily run carbon on your pc, i dont think you will have too much trouble with prostreet
Erasertheman
Stock
Stock

Post by Erasertheman »

Thanks for the advice its a gr8t help. I am sure all of us recon it its going to be a game and a half. I just cnt wait 4 it. I can only play carbon so many times
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Jopuma wrote:
On the contrary you can play people on one computer with splitscreen. The 360 as far as I know doesn't have dual or quad core CPU's, doesn't support dual monitors,
the 360 does support dual monitors, you can for Forza 2 have upto 3 monitors/TV's

Ooh and like said several times before, it also depends ALOT on what platform the game designers made game look best, it is a simple fact that no matter how good your PC was MW looked best on the 360, simply because EA made MW for the 360 look better then on any other platform.

But in case of the PS2 and PC it is a no brainer, PC (if your PC can play it ofcourse) I didn't even know the PS2 was a option I thought they finally brought the PS2 to the graveyard....
N_K_B
Ricer
Ricer

Post by N_K_B »

Drift king92 wrote:I can't wait until the new NFS game comes out. But, I can't decide whether to buy it for PC or playsation 2. I like to customize my cars, and I imagine thats easier on PC, and I'd get to share my cars on this site :D . But I also like to race my friends and sometimes my dad on the playsation. If anyone has any tips on which one to buy, it would be greatly appreciated.

i would surely recommand u to go for the PC-DVD..
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Why is that? You sound like u have played the game before? Usually the collectors edition is on a dvd while the normal one is on like 4 cds. Why? Everyone by now should at least hav a dvd drive like seriously why waste time putting it on 4 CDs?
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

pc version, u can use a wheel to race and adjust settings more
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

2fast4all wrote:pc version, u can use a wheel to race and adjust settings more
Who says 360 can't use a wheel to? infact the 360 one is much better then the normal pc ones : )

and on the 360 you dont need to adjust the settings since eveything is on maxium :)
Explicit signature removed.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

G25 pwnz all!!11
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Keep in mind.
Price - Function ratio.
I've found the G25 is about $500AUD however the 360 wheel is $129AUD.
I wouldnt be trying to simulate a total driving experience, so what's the point of paying $500 for a wheel, when for $1000 I can buy a brand new HD LCD tv? The G25 isnt worth what your paying, hell you could buy a used car for $500, instead of just a wheel.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

YaelDjiel wrote:G25 pwnz all!!11
I wish I could afford that. :(
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

hehe yeh me too :lol:
ive heard from some friends its really amazing :)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

@guys don't get offtopic :D

The pc version is more enjoyable because its graphics, but u need to have a decent or a good one in order to run it. Of course in the PS2 version u don't need to buy parts....but it will look horrible and IMO just like or even worse than the Most Wanted version.

Just save $ and get good pieces for your PC.

Xturbo.
import_racer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by import_racer »

I say PC all the way i just downloaded the demo of carbon not too long ago when i was deciding and there is a clear difference in quality and that was only the demo. Ps2's version was kinda disapointing to be honest.

Return to “ProStreet”