350z Tutorial Discussion

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Gus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gus »

zak wrote:Ok just about to start the Inner Rim Lesson...

why do i get the feeling that im alone in this tutorial, so many people comment that they would like to see it done but there is no activity, apart from those above..

Am I wasting my time here? or are people doing it but not posting..?

just want to now...
Hello zak,
I'm very intersted in 3D, but I go in holydays tomorrow... so I just bookmarked this page and the tutorial topic, and I gonna do it in september. It's really kind of you to do this. Perhaps you could do a site with the tuotrial ? Or only a .pdf, to save it and don't let it die in the sadows of the forum... lol
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

Hi, I have problems just at the beginning, cause I've started with 3d modelling a few time ago.
btw, I'm using 3ds max 6.0 (I don't have maya yet). I think my problem is banal, but I've created the 4 planes and put the blueprint onto them like material, but I can't see that in the modelling views, only in the render. I've tried to change something in setup and view configuration but it doesn't work. what can I do?
another thing, I'm not able to extrude the tyre side, I can't select only the face of the cilinder, why?
10q
(btw, this tutorial is very useful :D )
Attachments
what I see in 3ds max.JPG
(76.83 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
what I see in render.jpg
(33.83 KiB) Downloaded 3631 times
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

Viper, I think in Max you need to press f4, or f5 for texture view as far as I remember, Try pressing the Function keys to enable it.

Once you have all the faces selected in the cylnder, then you ned to use the extrude button (Cant rem where it is in max) once you press that there is a option in max next to it to type in yoru own amount or just drag the gizmo out.. hopefully...
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

Could anyone post a link to the tutorial section?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

ok, I did it!
Zak, we go so slow but dont worry. sooner or later we will finish our Z :)
Please continue the tutorial, but dont worry if you dont have time it doesnt mind :)
Last edited by ^Sparco^ on 02 Jul 2004, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

ok zak, I'll try...I'm a newbie with these programs so I make simply mistakes. btw thanks.
keep it up with the tutorial if you have time, it is great to learn something in modelling and it is well explained for a newbie like me too :D
ZelluZ
Stock
Stock

Post by ZelluZ »

This is my first post in this discussion board, and I'm dedicating this post for you zak!!

After I saw your Supra and Skyline I was stunned, it was so great!
Because of you I've now got Maya 5 PLE and starting to read the tutorials which followed with the program.

I thank you so much for this tutorial!

*Little of topic*
BTW, Am I the only Norwegian here??
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Ok, things start to work for me in 3dstudio. Im not an expert, but if anyone want we can help each other 3dS users.
Me and ViperJay use 3dstudio MAX 6.

Ok, Enkei Suzuka look-like :) Soften included. It is so difficult to make now the inner circle, round the rim. I doubt if do it or not to do...
Another edit... lol. Now I say arrrggghh! See that error in the tyre, at right! At least the rims are done, and I added the chrome effect (I know this must be done at the end but I wanted to see now) :) Oh and I have to add screws, zak you forgot to teach us ;)

if anyone like them, I can tell you how to make. First, design you own rim in paper. Then, you look at number of sides you will need (for example, stock rims need 24, but I used 25 to make Enkei Suzuka) and then design the rim with extrude tool.
Last edited by ^Sparco^ on 03 Jul 2004, 23:44, edited 6 times in total.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

LoTuX wrote:Could anyone post a link to the tutorial section?
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=2473

BTW zak, you know why I can't drag the texture into the plane? :|
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

ok, I can't pass that shiznit problem, I've tried with function keys, with changing parameters and with dani's tips, but I still can't see those textures!!! I think I'm doing some very stupid error but I don't know which.
I've tried start modelling in rhinoceros, there I can see the textures, but it's not very accurate for this work.
btw, I have done the tyre in 3ds max, but...I don't know where to put it :cry:
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

Hi guys..
I had a few days break... back now. Dani your tyre looks fine. but the rims there are too many overlapping parts, You need to learn the EXTRUDE method, or else you will have serious problems later...Once you have learned this then my tutorial will work just the same, as I said the 2 programs are the same but things are layed out differntly. and for this whole thing to work we really need to work along the same paths or else its impossible with everyone going in different directions :)

maybe the max users can try Maya?, download the free version
at http://www.alias.com

in my eyes, its a lot easier to use than max, and also is a lot tider and gernerally better to use... (thats my opinion) as I have used both.

Viperjay, Sorry for your problems.. maybe you can convert the textures to .BMP? then try again.. some GFX cards are funny with jpgs for some reason.. give that a try..

Zelluz Thanks for the nice comments.. and welcome to the club :)

I will be doing the next part of the tutorial soon.. so watch this space..

cheers

Zak
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

ok guys, I've found the end of my first problem, now I can start doing the tyre and the rim...
Yo Yo :D
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

Looking better all the time Dan350, keep it up..
im preparing the tut as we speak.. (it takes time).. it will be up soon..

Glad to hear it Viper :)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

New model... I think it is closer to Enkei Suzuka what do you opine? Please tell what do you think (compare with the pic above)

ok, rim finished. Inner rim circle included :)
Attachments
Suzuka 3b.jpg
Brake discs and calipers needed! lol
(90.59 KiB) Downloaded 3522 times
Last edited by ^Sparco^ on 04 Jul 2004, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
John T, Herder
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by John T, Herder »

:wink: , Nice job , I'm gonna have to read some of zak's posts and give
that 3d thing a whirl .
vuduBoy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vuduBoy »

when I saw ur cars zak I decided to build myself a car :D .So,now I have maya but I don't know how to draw the car.Am I supose to drw it from my imagination?...cuz I'm not an artist .Could anyone tell me how to do that??pls
John T, Herder
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by John T, Herder »

KekumRulez wrote:Well, I just ordered Mayam so its waiting till it arrives. As soon I have it, I'll show my work. deal?, Zak? :wink:
Where did you get it , and how much did it cost you ?
I have been looking around on the internet for 3ds max or Alias maya or mayam or whatever you call it , but it looks expensive . :roll:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

zak wrote:Hi guys..
I had a few days break... back now. Dani your tyre looks fine.
maybe the max users can try Maya?, download the free version
at http://www.alias.com

cheers

Zak
or get eMule application, and download 3dstudio MAX 6.0 , it costs 0.00$ :)[/b]
John T, Herder
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by John T, Herder »

download the free version , cool , free , that's more my style , now lets see , hmmm , where on this alias.com is the free version ? Is it a trial version ? :roll:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

ok, sorry for posting 30times my work :roll: This is the final version. I fixed the tyre problem. The rim is probably huge, and the tyre could xplode lol! but I like it. I tried to modify but I would have to restart many things, so I won't change anything

I made it with 3dstudio max 6, and you see it is Enkei Suzuka (or something similar lol). If you have troubles using 3dstudio you can ask me, and I could teach you the method to make other rims, for example Momo Sport. Enkei Arashi is more difficult... but we could try :)
vuduBoy wrote:
when I saw ur cars zak I decided to build myself a car :D .So,now I have maya but I don't know how to draw the car.Am I supose to drw it from my imagination?...cuz I'm not an artist .Could anyone tell me how to do that??pls
VuduBoy, there is a thread where zak is teaching us how to build the 350z. You dont need to be an artist. This is my first project, I have never used a 3d util, but I think Im learning quickly! And I am very creative so I modify his steps and made the rims I like, not the stock like Zak.
this is the link to the Tutorial: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=2473
Attachments
Suzuka_3c.jpg
:) 20" Enkei Suzuka :)
(126.97 KiB) Downloaded 3640 times
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

I can't see a lot of images on the tutorial, so I can't continue my car... someone knows what is going on?
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

Not sure lotux, works fine for me...

Dani good job on the rims.. they will get better as we start to add mroe detail to the rims... i.e badges, nuts n bolts, Lines etc etc..

The tutorial has and will have a small break whilst I finish up some real life project work (deadlines, milestones etc) - I have started the next lesson, so as soon as I get a free chance i'll finish it (next few days)

just letting you know the update..

Cheers all
have fun.. and remember, TRY and follow the tutorial close as you can do, so we dont run into problems later.. (Rims can be changed but the next steps wont be so easy...)
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

Only one thing... I don't understand what should I do to change the colors ok the parts, like the tyre and the rims... Could anyone explain that? I'm working on maya
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

ok guys, I've been very busy for study since now, but yesterday I've tried to do something. here is my first try with tyre and rim (the rim is quite shiznit, but I hope you forgive me cause is my first 3d work :wink: )
btw, I'll try making the tyre-rim like Dani said me, then I'll ask for your opinions and/or suggestions
peace
Attachments
rim2.jpg
....I know, it's pretty ugly, but I'll do better next time...I hope :-)
(125.67 KiB) Downloaded 3601 times
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Try to use "Spherize" tool in the tyre, and set 50%
I think your work looks more reallistic than mine does lol
Finally you made stock rims. Do you like it, or maybe you dont know how to make other models?? It is easy, you only have to change the inner circle number of sides and design it

Return to “General Discussion”