NFS PS - using default blueprints

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
mrQQ
Ricer
Ricer

NFS PS - using default blueprints

Post by mrQQ »

Hello,

every time i get a new car, it comes with some default blueprints. But usually, i want to change something in it, add a part, or vinyl or whatever. But i cant edit default blueprint! I have to create my own, and then i need to setup everything from zero! but i dont want to do that, i just want to change some small thing :(

how can i do it? :(
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Re: NFS PS - using default blueprints

Post by ahmad0410 »

Then just create your own. lol. If you create your own blueprint, you'll start off with the default blueprint. then just change anything you want. :roll:
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

ahmad0410 wrote:Then just create your own. lol. If you create your own blueprint, you'll start off with the default blueprint. then just change anything you want. :roll:
:roll: He was asking for a way to change the default blueprints won cars come with..

The answer is you can't. Sorry mate. Pre-done blueprints are for some reason locked and cannot be meddled with. I'm afraid the only option is, indeed, to either take them as they are or make your own from the grounds up.
MitziBark
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MitziBark »

True, it is a bit annoying, but it's basically quite quick to set them up. The parts they come with are all marked as owned in the parts and upgrade screens. ( If the won car comes with a stage two engine for example), the only part you "lose" and need to pay for again are rear spoilers. I usually want to change the car's look so i go through the parts quickly and install the "owned' bits, takes just a minute or two, and then i can start personalizing it's appearance...
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

You should say pre-tuned blueprints instead of default. Yea as MitziBark said, you can only get the "OWNED" parts, but visually you need to do customize it again from stock.
mrQQ
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrQQ »

thats so annoying, i'm not really good at all this tuning stuff, and now i need to spend so much time doing it, even if i only want to add some decal or change a color :(
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

It's kinda funny actually. It's like winning a Pink Slip and you're not entitled to modify the car. It's absurd.. :P
mrQQ
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrQQ »

yes indeed, its reason why i dont play it so much, because everytime i have cash to upgrade my car, i need to setup it from zero, and i dont want to do it to each and every car i own for each race type.. duh..
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It can be pretty annoying, cause for the first time in recent NFS history, the EA build cars often do look nice.
For instance I love the way the BMW M3 E92 you get from the Grip King looks, it has a real racer feel to it, but sadly you can't use the entire vinyl/decal setup on a a other blueprint.

The cars you win in pretuned races in general sucked in terms of styling.
But some of the team cars look pretty nice, especially the GR cre, but you can't win their cars.
mrQQ
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrQQ »

doesnt matter if their look sucks - its still better than stock white car :( and i dont have time or want to try and come up with something decent looking for each car i get :(
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aryamen »

one of the best things with NFS is the styling & tuning bit...don't understand why it's boring?!
oh and another question; are you able to play the showdowns once more to win and choose between the car rewards again?
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 512MB
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
mrQQ
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrQQ »

because some like apples and some like oranges, i like tuning performance and not looks, so why i should be forced to do it..
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aryamen »

so, don't bother customizing the looks and focus on the performance, that'll save you some time...
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
mrQQ
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrQQ »

well i don't want to be racing on stock white car? the pre-tuned looks are just fine for me, i just want to do my own performance tunings..
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aryamen »

sorry bro...that's not possible...personally I like to keep the pretuned car(s) the way they are...and customize another one on a new blueprint. i don't know, it's just a feeling that i have and i like customizing cars to keep myself from racing all the time...
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Okay, answering your questions.

a) you can't change a pre-tuned car AT ALL

b) if you choose to create a fresh blueprint, all the parts are carried over a 'owned', not installed, except the rear wing.

c) If you change the 'mode' for the car (eg. speed to drag) you lose the pre-tuned blueprint.

d) No, you can't go back and do a race day again and get to pick more rewards.

e However, you CAN go back and do the race days again for cash and to break more records.

f) Going back to the earlier race days in a much better car is THE easiet way to break more track records.

Any other questions, just ask
Hope that helps! :wink:
oh snap

Return to “ProStreet”