Sig Comp #45 - Favourite Mode of Transportation - Voting

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Sig Comp #45 - Favourite Mode of Transportation - Voting

Post by korge »

Where are bogan's and s2k's votes?

:-"
korge
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Where are bogan's and s2k's votes?

:-"
korge
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Jop
Korge
Bogan
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

So . . . . is someone gonna tally these votes? :-"
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Oh, right, sorry.

Congratulations, korge. :)

korge - 22
boganbusman - 18
Jopuma - 18

S2000_Skyline12 - 16
xHaZxMaTx - 10
jacoja06 - 3
Porsche-AG - 3
baumaxx01 - 2
Cipher - 0
[S]izzle - 0
viper16 - 0
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Congrats to the top 4, stunning work guys,
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Seems Bogan did not vote after all. [-X

With the lack of his participation, he came only in second. If he had voted, Jopuma or S2k would have earned the proper 2nd or 3rd place.

Good job to S2k and Jop and everyone. Im surprised that I came in first. Haha wow. Thanks a lot for the votes. Ill post a new fun comp soon. You will enjoy and Ill make sure its something easy for everyone to enter. :mrgreen:
korge
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

korge wrote:Seems Bogan did not vote after all. [-X

With the lack of his participation, he came only in second. If he had voted, Jopuma or S2k would have earned the proper 2nd or 3rd place.
Unless he voted only for people who didn't rank in the top 3 and you. ;)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I haven't voted in any of the competitions for a long time. You could say it's my policy.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

boganbusman wrote:

I haven't voted in any of the competitions for a long time. You could say it's my policy.
:-s

If that is your "policy," then don't bother to participate in the competition at all. In case you fail at the logic behind why, you should know that if you enter but do not vote, it is the same as not offering those points for someone else's entry and thus gives yourself an edge at winning. This is the same problem as if you were to attempt to vote for yourself.

EDIT : Should there be some kind of rule that this take affect next comp? After all, its the same concept of voting for yourself, but in reverse. Consider it a tactic to gain advantage. :-k
korge
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I feel some friction between bogan and korge :P
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

korge wrote:. . . it is the same as not offering those points for someone else's entry and thus gives yourself an edge at winning. This is the same problem as if you were to attempt to vote for yourself.
And there you have it. Even if I was to vote, how would anyone know if my votes were honest?

Especially because I entered the competition, personal feelings can come into it, and my judgement may be compromised.
For example, I wouldn't have voted for you just because I don't like you.
Of course I don't intend to think this way, but everyone has these thoughts sometimes because that is human nature.

In my opinion, entrants should not be allowed to vote. That's like competing in a diving competition and then having to judge your opponents. Do you think that would work? But I don't make the rules, so I'm just doing what I think is right.

By this point you probably think I'm a prick, and so you might think twice about voting for me next time. See where this is going?
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

A lot of places I've been to that have SOTW competitions the rules usually stipulate that everyone who enters must vote. This increase participation and everyone is encouraged to vote on depth, lighting, quality, colors, and other things such as those. Letting personal "feelings" get in the way ruins the fun for everyone so just vote on quality not on "I don't like this person I won't vote." Voting on artisticness instead of disliking or liking someone is much fairer and helps everyone out.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Here's an idea: Hows about we let the people who want to vote vote and the people who don't want to vote not vote. :-$
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

boganbusman wrote: And there you have it. Even if I was to vote, how would anyone know if my votes were honest?

Especially because I entered the competition, personal feelings can come into it, and my judgement may be compromised.
For example, I wouldn't have voted for you just because I don't like you.
Of course I don't intend to think this way, but everyone has these thoughts sometimes because that is human nature.

In my opinion, entrants should not be allowed to vote. That's like competing in a diving competition and then having to judge your opponents. Do you think that would work? But I don't make the rules, so I'm just doing what I think is right.

By this point you probably think I'm a prick, and so you might think twice about voting for me next time. See where this is going?
Indeed you have failed to understand the logic behind my post. You and HazMat both.

In fact, your response immediatly shows that this is a matter of your own personal problem. If you can't be mature (doubt it) and rate the entry and not the entrant, then why bother? You can atleast vote for someone else, but even that task seems to prove you uncapable. I dont like you. I never have. But even with that fact behind me, I managed to vote for you because you created an excellent sig.

I am even smelling the notion that you like my sig, but wouldnt have voted for it anyways.
Jopuma wrote:A lot of places I've been to that have SOTW competitions the rules usually stipulate that everyone who enters must vote. This increase participation and everyone is encouraged to vote on depth, lighting, quality, colors, and other things such as those. Letting personal "feelings" get in the way ruins the fun for everyone so just vote on quality not on "I don't like this person I won't vote." Voting on artisticness instead of disliking or liking someone is much fairer and helps everyone out.
Which is exactly how I feel, but Unfortunately, I dont have the power to change the rules for the competition.
xHaZxMaTx wrote:Here's an idea: Hows about we let the people who want to vote vote and the people who don't want to vote not vote. :-$
Good idea. You are about as smart as Hillary Clinton.
Last edited by korge on 01 May 2008, 17:44, edited 2 times in total.
korge
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

korge wrote:Good idea. You are about as smart as Hillary Clinton.
:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Ok that's enough.
Locked.
lol wut

Return to “Creativity Board”