Help on MAX Grip...

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

Help on MAX Grip...

Post by uboy »

Hi all, :D

I'm anewbie here, but played some NFS PS until I totaled my VGA card (new one will be back soon).

Anyway...I want help on MAX Grip in Drag races. :oops:
What is the trick in keeping the acceleration within the green area (in burning your tires) in order to have a MAX Grip.
Also this is a problem during the race too...to have a perfect launch+shift.. #-o

Hope responses back soon Guys...

--- Nice Forum --- Love This --- Nice Guys Out There ---- =D>
--- uboy ---
el bruja gato
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Help on MAX Grip...

Post by el bruja gato »

Basically if you have a pedal you try to turn it on hard then settle it gently trying to match the burnout rev, or if you have crap pedals or keyboard aim to rev slightly above the green zone then let it drop through it then poke it above again for maximum grip.

For the perfect launch time it so that when you engage the gear (or drop the clutch) the revs are in the suggested RPM zone. The better you heat the tires the more margin for error you get!
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by uboy »

el bruja gato wrote:Basically if you have a pedal you try to turn it on hard then settle it gently trying to match the burnout rev, or if you have crap pedals or keyboard aim to rev slightly above the green zone then let it drop through it then poke it above again for maximum grip.

For the perfect launch time it so that when you engage the gear (or drop the clutch) the revs are in the suggested RPM zone. The better you heat the tires the more margin for error you get!
Thanx bro..
Sorry I couldn,t mention before....I'm on PC...using normal keyboard...
Anyone in much more detail...????

Thx
--- uboy ---
el bruja gato
Ricer
Ricer

Post by el bruja gato »

Hmn, this too comes to mind.

If you want to make launching easier, take a car with an engine that gives out a wide torque band.
Pity you can't access or tune the torque/power band like you can in Underground 2.

This means you should go for muscle cars. The perfect launch zone with a good burnout is something like half the RPM range. Can't miss that huge zone. The zone is also easier to hit once you upgraded your transmission. A turbo engine might tend to be either completely on or off at low levels but once you've a Stage 3 you'll be getting max grip like 50% of the time and the rest an incredible burnout. Try it its easy once you're used to it :)

Also, try tapping the keys with your fingertips, not mashing them down. It helps a lot!
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

yep, too bad tuning has somehow deteriorated over the years instead of improving... :?

Anyway, you don't really need a Max grip burnout. as long as you don't get "weak", you'll be fine. That's unless you drive an 800hp+ beast that needs constant shifting attention. In that case, make sure you tune your gears very carefully, because under-revving or blowing your engine will be fatal...

Have you noticed that when you "blow your engine" you just simply restart without having to get it repaired?
oh snap

Return to “Help & Support”