What car do you drive ?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What car do you drive ?

Post by Felixkissa »

Texhnolith wrote: Lovely car man. S14's in white still look good. Tobad my S14a is green :/
Its probably an Silvia thing to be a slow project. Had mine for a year now and not much happened yet
Plenty of stuff left to do before im driving a proper stage 1 s14a.

Been awhile since i posted here. Got some updates done to my car over the past months:

New brakes: Brembo Big Brake discs 315mm Drilled/Grooved with Ferodo DS2500 pads and revised Calipers
New exhaust parts: Got a 3" Elbow and Downpipe installed, definatly gives some more power
Other: installed a uprated fuelpump (Walbro 255Liter/hour pump) in preperation for the stage 1 chip.
I think that one reason for slow progress is the fact that these are such nice cars to drive even in stock. So you're really not in that big of hurry to mod it.

Those Brembos look really nice 8)
taz947 wrote:How many Horses,torque?

Can you give us some specs?
A stock is 200 horses and 265Nm torque. As Texhnolith hasn't got the car chipped yet I don't think it's much more than a stock. Obviously it depends on how much boost he's(assuming) running.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Update, JDM one-peice black backed headlights :D

(Excuse image quality)

Still needs lowered. I also made 200whp just recently, im very pleased even though I know the dyno is out of callibration, but it is consistant and Type-Rs and other H22A Ludes and Cords only make 180whp :)
My best 1/4 is now 14.9 but thats with a heavy sub box, bad traction and a restrictive exhaust, I soon hope to better that.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Nice Prelude. Is it VTEC?

Sweet rims.
Last edited by taz947 on 30 Jun 2008, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Yep H22A1.

The rims are 16" TSW Volcanoes. Love them lol. Brought for $430NZD ($327USD) With virtually no kerbage :D
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Those rims would fit my dad's Yaris. :lol:
Gotta tell him 'bout those. :lol:
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Nice, dude. Now you're stylin'. 8) I'm not a fan of the rims to be honest, but I may change my mind when your car gets off those stilts. :P
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Awesome cars, everyone.

@ Grez: I love the third picture from the top. :D How did you take that picture?

@ Felixkissa: Nice S14; working on it slowly is probably going to be the most enjoyable way to work on it and stuff.

@ Texnolith: Nice S14a. I've seen your car before on NFSCars, it's pretty cool. (BTW, I personally love Volk TE37 rims.)

If you're going to keep the JDM look with mostly stock bumpers and such, what is your opinion about getting a bumper like this? (this is the bumper that I think comes standard on the S14a K's trim level in Japan)
(sorry for the screen stretching)

@ TunerFreak: Isn't super-modified yet obviously, but it looks pretty good that way.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Sweet. 8)

(As you can tell, I like S14's... and 13's and 15's.) :lol:
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Awesome car :D
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Q Red car driver:
if you can find a similar bumper where the air intakes are a bit bigger and the flat part isn't so chunky, i think it'll look great.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Or get a Black/CF hood. :P
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

baumaxx1 wrote:Q Red car driver:
if you can find a similar bumper where the air intakes are a bit bigger and the flat part isn't so chunky, i think it'll look great.
I'm talking about Texnolith's car (semi-obviously), but yeah, I think that would be cool too. :D
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Zero260 wrote:Nice, dude. Now you're stylin'. 8) I'm not a fan of the rims to be honest, but I may change my mind when your car gets off those stilts. :P
Thanks, maybe this will sway your mind a little. Ultra clean at daytime with a little Photoshop lowering:

Will be lowered within the month :D
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Oh dang, she cleans up nice! And the rims do look a whole lot better when the car is sitting lower. Also, I'm jealous of your Milano Red. :wink:
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Thanks, ive seen people complain about bright red but I like the red sports car image, red's my fav colour :)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

RedCarDriver wrote:
baumaxx1 wrote:Q Red car driver:
I'm talking about Texnolith's car (semi-obviously), but yeah, I think that would be cool too. :D
Ahh, yeah... I like the stock FB too, reminds me of the GTR, lol.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Looks very neat and clear. :wink:
Texhnolith
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Texhnolith »

Felixkissa wrote:I think that one reason for slow progress is the fact that these are such nice cars to drive even in stock. So you're really not in that big of hurry to mod it.

Those Brembos look really nice 8)
taz947 wrote:How many Horses,torque?

Can you give us some specs?
A stock is 200 horses and 265Nm torque. As Texhnolith hasn't got the car chipped yet I don't think it's much more than a stock. Obviously it depends on how much boost he's(assuming) running.

Hehe thats one reason yea. another is the lack of money.. expensive hobby this car is :P

As you said the stock specs are 200 Horses on the crankshaft stock. wuth the current mods I think im running somewhere between 230-240 Hp on the crank. about 200 on the rear wheels now.

Performance mods:
- Boostrestrictor removed
- 3" Elbow / 3" Downpipe / 3" Blitz Nur Spec catback (aka Turbo-back exhaust of 3 inches)
- GReddy Airinx Freeflow airfilter.
- Denso IK22 Iridium Sparkplugs

All this does definatly increase the power noticably over stock.
Next up will be a silenced decat. and after that ill get a chip and front mounted intecooler. all this wont really boost my HP but its all inpreperation for the next thing:
The boostcontroler. once thats installed ill be running the car at 1 Bar boost. hopefully pushing out 300hp on the crank and 250 on the wheels. which imo. will be plenty for me on the daily base i use the car.
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

Texhnolith wrote:The boostcontroler. once thats installed ill be running the car at 1 Bar boost. hopefully pushing out 300hp on the crank and 250 on the wheels. which imo. will be plenty for me on the daily base i use the car.
No it won't :!: and you know this. You just don't want to admit it yet coz it's going to cost you more.
That's the problem with these turbo-cars. Getting more power is too easy.
300 was my goal also when I bought this car, but I haven't even reached that and already I'm thinking of bigger turbo and going closer to 400. #-o
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Texhnolith wrote: - Denso IK22 Iridium Sparkplugs
Are pointless. Standard copper plugs FTW.
Texhnolith wrote: The boostcontroler. once thats installed ill be running the car at 1 Bar boost. hopefully pushing out 300hp on the crank and 250 on the wheels. which imo. will be plenty for me on the daily base i use the car.
On a standard turbo, ECU and intercooler I doubt it.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Texhnolith
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Texhnolith »

@Felixkissa: hehe with the fuel prices in holland and using this car daily. i dont want more power. and yea i know if i wanted more its gonna cost me.. quite sadly, i dont have the money as fuel prices are about $10usd per gallon.

@steelsnake00: not quite pointless... they burn the fuel slighly better resulting in less junk in the block as it burns cleaner. its definatly better for the engine in the long run.

And yes. adding a boostcontroler after adding a freeflow exhaust, freeflow airfilter, uprated fuel pump and a stage 1 chip (ecu, yes i said im getting this.. you got to read better) will result in a 1bar boost on my car.
A new intercooler isnt needed but im getting one anyways (as i also said but apparently you didnt read that either) just to be sure the engine doesnt run too hot.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Texhnolith wrote:@steelsnake00: not quite pointless... they burn the fuel slighly better resulting in less junk in the block as it burns cleaner. its definatly better for the engine in the long run.
Nope, copper definitely burns better than Iridium.

Iridium is halfway between the long service life of platinum plugs and the strong spark of copper plugs. I wouldn't say they're a waste of money, but if you can be bothered to change/gap your plugs at every service then copper is the way to go.

Also you should use NGK instead of Denso.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Texhnolith wrote:@steelsnake00: not quite pointless... they burn the fuel slighly better resulting in less junk in the block as it burns cleaner. its definatly better for the engine in the long run.
Copper plugs are best, the end. I ran copper plugs on my S2 Quattro Turbo and that ran about 310whp, and I know people running 600+bhp I5's on Copper plugs. They have the strongest spark and run best on everything but high-power distributor setups.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Texhnolith
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Texhnolith »

One thing is fure sure and thats that these are definatly better then the stock ones i had :)

And damn i need to repair the massive exhaust leak i have.. gasket between the block and header is leaking badly at the 4th cilinder. Im starting to lose boost now.

Im not much of a mechanic. but heck ill learn while replacing the gasket myself :)
Once thats replacef im off to get my silenced decat.
00RedTA
Stock
Stock

Post by 00RedTA »

First post here...

2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6

Return to “The Cars”