Wired's Maggie Q Interview

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Wired's Maggie Q Interview

Post by Bojan »

Wired posted an interview with Need for Speed Undercover's star, Maggie Q. There are a few details about the game hidden in the interview, so it's worth checking it out.
Wired.com: Is there anything about Need for Speed that's exciting you?

Q: Well, first of all, I love racing games, period. They're my favorite, they've always been my favorite. Being in an arcade, and actually being in a car, and racing in a booth, that's my experience. So the whole (controller) thing, and doing that now, that's totally new to me. But these worlds that they create are so real, and so unbelievably fun, and there are so many obstacles and it's just so layered. Before it used to be, you're racing around a track, you're racing against someone, and the point is not to bump someone. And now the point is to not get caught by the cops, and to not damage your car, not to ... you know what I mean? It's incredible.
The whole interview
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Wired's Maggie Q Interview

Post by powerof1000 »

Hmm, interesting, especially when she says "And now the point is to not get caught by the cops, and to not damage your car". Sounds like they might not reduce the damage system's sensitivity.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

that last sentence is what has caught my eye too. not to damage means- there's gonna be a damage system and not to get caught means- cops. so if this is what ea is doing, they might really end up in making a game just like most wanted, but with damage, new and innovative (read just a bit better) cops and some new modes meaning that the game will have a more lavish profile than that the previous. this sounds pretty good and if this is what they are going to give us, i am gonna like it. this is whole thing is getting thicker and better. hope it'll be good this time.
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"I think We => Players, have the possibility to work with Cops, like f.e. in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (NFSIII & NFS HP2)... I mean We can choose Road Blocks, Spike Strips, ...etc. => Maybe that's why it sounds so interesting..." 8)

"The Thing with the Damage => I don't think that wouldn't influence the driving "Street Chases"... On the contrary!"

MFG' LMS' MYF' ARTNFS alias TRANSFORMER
[S]izzLe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by [S]izzLe »

cool but meh like maggie.
i would ............................. and.....................but ill love to watch her telling me what to do in the game :lol:
*sig deleted for being too big. limits are 550x120px & 50kb*
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

Yeah Transformer, could be like Hot Pursuit 2, like where you can choose to put the roadblocks and spikes and stuff, that'd be pretty cool. 8) Can't wait for Undercover! :D :D And Maggie is really hot!

Lol, at first when I saw this, I thought it said, "Weird Maggie Q Interview" for about a second until I read it again a second time. :lol:
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

GR8 :mrgreen: , especially when she says that the game will be a combination of hot pursuit 2 and most wanted ... and being an undercover cop is great. that's a first in the nfs series :twisted: :D .
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Jacky
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jacky »

Most Wanted is quite nice but without damage it just plain sucks.

Porsche 2000 had really realistic damage (even your steering gets affected), but the bad thing is there isn't any Hot Pursuit mode...

Just combine High Stakes and Porsche 2000, and that would be what people want. Hot Pursuit + interesting career mode + realistic damage.
Jacky
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Grid has the best damage effect by far, as far as I've seen. The effect it has on your car is catastrophic, especially after an unrecoverable crash. :D

It's pure diabolical!! Love it! :)

Return to “News”