NFS Underground 2 and Most Wanted - Sounds and VLTEdit

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

NFS Underground 2 and Most Wanted - Sounds and VLTEdit

Post by RedCarDriver »

Well, I'm pretty sure the NFS community has already found out (about two years ago) about the ability to change car sounds in Most Wanted through VLTEdit. I've also figured out that in the
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted\SOUND\ENGINE
folder are all of the sounds. This does allow you to switch them, but it was probably better to modify them through the Attributes.MWPS file - whoever downloaded your mods wouldn't have to go through as much to get it to work then.

On a whim, however, I decided to look in Underground 2's equivalent folder, and I found that almost all of the files are the same as some of them found in Most Wanted. I then decided to test to see if they are the same format by putting them into UG2, and... it works! You can now use MW sounds in UG2, and (although there's no reason to do so) vice versa.

This opens up some questions by me, though: is there a way to open the GlobalMemoryFile.bin in UG2 like you can in MW? I don't care too much about the hashes (I've got loads of free time so I can find them myself) but so far I can't unpack the file. Can anyone help me with that?
One more thing: I'm not willing to test all of the Carbon ones but I think they might work, once I figure out whether they actually work or not can anyone figure out which ones are which?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Re: NFS Underground 2 and Most Wanted - Sounds and VLTEdit

Post by race_invader »

Sorry but this has been know for ages.. It's also possible for NFS:Undercover too.

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... lit=+Sound

As much as that link i posted is about MW, it nearly stands for all sounds really..
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS Underground 2 and Most Wanted - Sounds and VLTEdit

Post by RedCarDriver »

Well, yeah, of course people knew that they were switchable, but (and I apologize if this was found out already too) the MW ones work in UG2. This topic is also about VLTEdit (the MW performance-and-other-stuff editing tool), because I'm wondering if there's a way to make it work for UG2's files.

Return to “Editing”