Your Favourite "Exotic"

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Sharpenor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Your Favourite "Exotic"

Post by Sharpenor »

Right, back to topic, now who knows saleen S7's top speed?
Who knows the lamborghini alar's top speed?
both of their topspeeds are higher than the bugatti veyron!
or maybe you already know then. :?:
Be Sharp!
kubasolo
Stock
Stock

Post by kubasolo »

My favourites Exotic is:
Ferrari Enzo
Mercedes- Benz SLR McLaren
McLaren F1
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari F430
Koenigsegg CCX
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

In my oppinion, an exotic is defined as a high performance car, generally mid-engined and rear or four wheel drive, with base price tag about £70,000 and a limited production run which means each vehicle is fairly exclusive.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Sharpenor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Sharpenor »

While, thank you Kubasolo for joining, now you have a good list o exotics, because you seem to be new in the website besides you have only 2 posts, i would like you to meet some important people who posts a lot in this thread, Andre_online, Carcrazy and RedCarDriver, those people could be interesting for you!

Going on to the topic, my avourite exotics are:
Mclaren F1
Pagani zonda
Ferrari F50
Lamborgini Reventon
Lamborghini Embolado
there's more but i am just writing what i can remember right now!
And WELCOME
Be Sharp!
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

steelsnake00 wrote:In my oppinion, an exotic is defined as a high performance car, generally mid-engined and rear or four wheel drive, with base price tag about £70,000 and a limited production run which means each vehicle is fairly exclusive.
NSX-R GT, then. :P
Sharpenor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Sharpenor »

steelsnake00 wrote:In my oppinion, an exotic is defined as a high performance car, generally mid-engined and rear or four wheel drive, with base price tag about £70,000 and a limited production run which means each vehicle is fairly exclusive.
Actually i think that you are saying the right thing, because anycar with a high performance should be expensive and at least it should be £75,000, this is the number i think it should be!
And i am sorry fordouble posting but because i wanted to Quote Steelsnake00's post, SORRY :|
Be Sharp!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Not exactly.. In my defense, I can name some for you.

There're a plenty of exotics out there which their engine bays are at the front. Ferrari already has 3 models with FR-based cars (excluding the older models), and so do the Bentley Continental GT series, Aston Martins and Maserati GranTurismo.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Sharpenor wrote:Right, back to topic, now who knows saleen S7's top speed?

The S7 Twin Turbo achieved a top speed of 248 mph (399 km/h) making it slower than the Veyron.
As for the Alar, that car is just a concept, it never went into production so we can't know what it can do.

Random thing: RedCarDriver didn't post in this topic.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Andre_online wrote:There're a plenty of exotics out there which their engine bays are at the front. Ferrari already has 3 models with FR-based cars (excluding the older models), and so do the Bentley Continental GT series, Aston Martins and Maserati GranTurismo.
The Continental GT is, as the name suggests, a Grand Tourer. As, for that matter, are most Aston Martins (AM V8 being the obvious exception, which is in my oppinion more of a sports or high-performance car; and also, arguably the DB-S which is perhaps more of a supercar). As for Ferraris and Maseratis, they are a combination of of GT's and supercars.

I never said that an exotic HAD to be mid engined, just that most true exotics are. The most important things about an exotic for me are rarity (which excludes, in my oppinion, the Gallardo and Ferrari 430 from being exotic supercars, whilst they are still supercars) and lack of daily usability, which contributes to their rareness.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

My list of Exotics:

Aston Martin DB9R
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrai F430
Gumpert Apollo
Honda NSX Type-R
Lamborghini Diablo
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Murcielago
Nissan GT-R
Porsche Carrera GT
Saleen S7
SSC Ultimate Aero
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I have seen none of these cars in the metal. Therefore apart from Bentley because it's obviously a touring car, and going by steelsnake's theory all of them are exotics. There is technically no real definition of an exotic.
taz947 wrote:
Sharpenor wrote:Right, back to topic, now who knows saleen S7's top speed?

The S7 Twin Turbo achieved a top speed of 248 mph (399 km/h) making it slower than the Veyron.
As for the Alar, that car is just a concept, it never went into production so we can't know what it can do.

Random thing: RedCarDriver didn't post in this topic.
Wait...There is such a thing as a Lamborghini Alar? Just Wiki'd it and it's ugly as all hell...estimated top speed is 410km/h, but I wouldn't buy it. I'd much rather have the also never-released Cala. Certainly looks better...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/conceptscars/RzN6K ... i+Cala.jpg

And the SSC Ultimate Aero is not an exotic. It's just a car that is designed to go fast and nothing else. It wouldn't be able to go around a relatively tight corner, and considering its fame it probably wouldn't actually be rare.
Sharpenor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Sharpenor »

Check in any enyclopedia and check the veyron's top speed, the S7's and Lamborghini Alar's top speed, i don't know how did you taz947 came up with a 248?, as well as you koenigsegg_rox, check it again guys! :wink:

And i apologise for the staff members because of my signature being too big
Be Sharp!
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The Saleen S7 is not faster than the Veyron in any encyclopedia that mentions it.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Sharpenor wrote:Check in any enyclopedia and check the veyron's top speed
I remembered hearing on Top Gear that it can go all the way to 250MPH (400KM/h), provided you have a long stretch of road to get a proof. As far as I know, no one has ever gone such lengths to test a car which has such speeds, let alone a Veyron.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Um, Top Gear did actually verify the top speed on Volkswagen's high-speed test track in Germany. Manufacturers usually won't claim a top speed unless they tested it, Andre ;)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

boganbusman wrote:Um, Top Gear did actually verify the top speed on Volkswagen's high-speed test track in Germany. Manufacturers usually won't claim a top speed unless they tested it, Andre ;)
I watched that episode, yes, when May tested it. But I still refuse to believe that he'd actually do that, not only because he is Captain Slow, but just for the sheer fact that it's a 'Veyron'. Call be gullible or naive, but I think that particular episode was heavy on production.

It's just for the local TV ratings.. :)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I know that Top Gear fabricates results for many of their challenges, but never for the benefit of a manufacturer (from what I've seen, at least). In fact they usually do quite the opposite.

As for May, he may be Captain Slow but don't forget that he once received personal track-day driver training from Sir Jackie Stewart :wink: He can drive fast if he wants, and going in a straight line on a test track isn't exactly challenging.

I just don't think they would fake something like that, because it would be of no benefit to them. I reckon they would get more publicity if the car failed to hit the claimed speed.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Sharpenor wrote:Check in any enyclopedia and check the veyron's top speed, the S7's and Lamborghini Alar's top speed, i don't know how did you taz947 came up with a 248?, as well as you koenigsegg_rox, check it again guys! :wink:

And i apologise for the staff members because of my signature being too big

Check Wikipedia for the S7's top speed. :roll:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

boganbusman wrote:As for May, he may be Captain Slow but don't forget that he once received personal track-day driver training from Sir Jackie Stewart :wink: He can drive fast if he wants, and going in a straight line on a test track isn't exactly challenging.
Wow. That I didn't know. LOL! Thanks for the insight! ;)
You also wrote:I just don't think they would fake something like that, because it would be of no benefit to them. I reckon they would get more publicity if the car failed to hit the claimed speed.
I would think so too. But what if there's a case where the given space to do the test-run isn't long enough? Fifth Gear came upon this situation before while testing the Vanquish S. ;)
Sharpenor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Sharpenor »

Am, thank you Andre_online and boganbusman, you both seem too interested about the bugatti veyron and the saleen s7's thing, just take it easy guys, i just checked the wikipedia.com and i found that the saleen s7 is faster than the bugatti, as well as the the lamborghini alar, This is the whole thing
Be Sharp!
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

As a top gear related side not, May was consistantly getting faster times than Hammond during the 24 hour Silverstone race.

And he didn't crash
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Sharpenor wrote:Am, thank you Andre_online and boganbusman, you both seem too interested about the bugatti veyron and the saleen s7's thing, just take it easy guys, i just checked the wikipedia.com and i found that the saleen s7 is faster than the bugatti, as well as the the lamborghini alar, This is the whole thing
Wikipedia on Saleen S7 wrote:Performance:

* 0-60 mph (97 km/h): 3.2 sec
* 0-100 mph (161 km/h): 6.2 sec
* 0-200 mph (322 km/h): 27 sec
* Quarter-mile: 10.6 sec
* Top speed: 248 mph (399 km/h)
Wikipedia on Alar wrote:The estimated top speed of the Alar is 254.2 MPH (410 km/h) and 0-60 MPH (100 km/h) is achievable in 3.6 Seconds.[3]
Not to mention that weather conditions affect a car's performance as well.
Sharpenor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Sharpenor »

you see, you just brought a proof for the members in the thread, the bugatti veyron's top speed is 253.8, and the alar is 254 mph,although the difference is 0.7mph, but it's still faster

Just to tell you the truth, he car that's faster than all the cars you ever heard is the Koenigsegg CCX, This is not a joke, this is real...
Be Sharp!
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The Veyron has PROOF of its top speed though. The Alar doesn't, cause it was never produced. Also the CCX topped out at 395kmph, which means further departure away from your belief of the truth.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

All I can say is never put your trust on Wikipedia. It's not a the most reliable source out there.

Return to “The Cars”