Hakosuka KPGC10 Skyline - Screenshots on Speedhunters.com

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Nitrocide
Ricer
Ricer

Hakosuka KPGC10 Skyline - Screenshots on Speedhunters.com

Post by Nitrocide »

Found this on SpeedHunters.com, the graphics look fantastic.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/05 ... asses.aspx
*sig deleted for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Hakosuka KPGC10 Skyline - Screenshots on Speedhunters.com

Post by Racemaniac »

Agree with you, apart from that, an AE86 would be good
Talking about old cars, imagine how epic it would be if they included the M1 or the ProCar version of it :shock: (its a BMW for those who don't know)
Offtopic, this is my 1st post
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Since Underground the 1995 RX-7 has been in the game, but I think they should bring the 1989 RX-7 to the masses too. Just as iconic and just as much fun with a different balance and great modding potential, plus it was a great car in racing circles too during its time :)

An 86 Trueno and Levin (slight mesh change ;) ) would be good, maybe have a Sileighty and a MR2 SW20 as well (that was in back in Carbon). Oh and if you are going for classic race cars, then the Peugeot 205 cannot be missed :D

Oh and the guy from Speedhunters confirmed the AE86 as being ingame :)
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Kaerar wrote:Since Underground the 1995 RX-7 has been in the game, but I think they should bring the 1989 RX-7 to the masses too. Just as iconic and just as much fun with a different balance and great modding potential, plus it was a great car in racing circles too during its time :)

An 86 Trueno and Levin (slight mesh change ;) ) would be good, maybe have a Sileighty and a MR2 SW20 as well (that was in back in Carbon). Oh and if you are going for classic race cars, then the Peugeot 205 cannot be missed :D

Oh and the guy from Speedhunters confirmed the AE86 as being ingame :)
Thats right, he said that he will be doing a feature story on the AE86 as well, just like the Hakosuka.
What about the Jaguar E-Type? Anyone. It could be simple, like the Stingray in Undercover which did not have a proper widebody but instead was given a more racecar like look if the widebody was selected.
What about the old Evos, IV to VI?
Will think more and post anymore names of classics that should be in Shift.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

There's no point in having classics at the expense of modern race cars. Sure, classics are nice, but when I play a racing game like NFS, I'm playing first for the fun and second for the challenge and third for the cars. I'm pretty sure that reflects the typical NFS gamer. So, while I love that the Hakosuka and old BMW are in Shift, I would much rather prefer modern cars over classics, if more classics meant less modern cars.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

That's a rather odd response. The variety of cars is a very important part of NFS. Things like the Elise GT1 and so on should make a reappearance along with the new cars. It's not like it's hard to add a few cars, hell given the chance we would and gladly. The current crop of modern cars isn't all that crash hot compared to some of the older stuff like the F40 vs the Enzo etc...

A good balance between classics and new cars with events for all would be the best way to do it. For example if you are starting a career you couldn't afford a new top of the range BMW or whatever but there are a few cheaper older cars available for you to start with. Gotta be careful with modification ranges and basing them on real life racers and road cars would obviously be 100 times better than the old made up crap from the NFS series (Porsches dominating all when up against Koenigsegg's and Pagani's...).

For instance for me one of the most fun aspects of the Underground and Underground 2 series was being able to play with a Pug 106 and 206 (would have preferred a 205 to the 206 though). I had a 205 at the time and it was very cool to play with something similar ingame. Similarly older classics are not necessarily slower. If the aspects of the cars were based on the motors rather than arbitrary figures it would be a great leap forward. Quite simple to do as well. You have a motor which is tuned to XBhp and stick it in Y car. The weight of the engine affects balance and handling too. Allows for engine swaps giving everyone a bit more detail in their cars. Also when you put hours of effort into customising a car, you should be able to save the different aspects of its blueprint independently, allowing Visuals to be copied from one save to another without problem, but having to pay ingame currency for the mechanical mods. It would appeal to those who like to customise, but seeing as it's not a necessity those who like to just jump in and run with it don't need to worry.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yes, the variety of cars is an integral part of NFS. But if the onslaught of classics (Hakosuka, BMW, etc) came at the expense of other modern race cars, I'd rather take the modern cars. It has nothing to do with any misguided belief that classics are slower or that modern cars are better; I just don't want a NFS where more than 50% of the cars are classic oldies, and about 25% of the rest are modern classics, with the rest being just modern cars.

BTW, when I say modern, I mean post 1990's.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

So you didn't like NFS 5 Porsche Unleashed then prince1142003...
Lots of classics with only a few "modern" cars...

Hell most racing is still done with pre 90's cars because it's cheaper. Its the more expensive filmed events that are using all the modern kit. As for modern do you think a Mini JCW Racer will be in NFS Shift? For some reason I think it won't as it will skip a lot of fun and non-Touring Car/Le Mans GT cars. We'll end up with a similar car list to Pro Street or Undercover and it'll just have better graphics and hopefully better handling on some race circuits. No open world (that's for the other game...) just Pro Street rehashed to be Pro Race with a nice set of sparkly bits. Not that I'm complaining I actually liked the premise behind Pro Street even if it was buggy, poorly optimised and unfinished.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Porsche was different in its focus. And let's not forget Porsche came out almost 10 years ago. Comparing what I expect from NFS now to what I expected then is totally different.

I know that most racing is done with older cars because of cost. But I don't expect NFS to be realistic in that nature. Hell, I don't expect any racing game to be realistic in that nature. Part of the allure of racing games is getting to race high performance, high speed "modern" cars. I think you guys are misinterpreting what I said. I don't dislike classics; I would love a Toyota MR2 or an old Porsche 959 (or even a 356), and would drool if an old Aston Martin or Lamborghini was included in Shift. Having said that, I would prefer not having those cars come at the expense of the usual "modern" cars that have been in the NFS games - Mazdas, Porsches, etc. That was the only point I was trying to make.
Nitrocide
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Nitrocide »

Kaerar wrote:Since Underground the 1995 RX-7 has been in the game, but I think they should bring the 1989 RX-7 to the masses too. Just as iconic and just as much fun with a different balance and great modding potential, plus it was a great car in racing circles too during its time :)
Agreed. Love to see an FC in game.
*sig deleted for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

prince1142003 wrote:I would prefer not having those cars come at the expense of the usual "modern" cars that have been in the NFS games - Mazdas, Porsches, etc. That was the only point I was trying to make.
I don't think that will be a problem. Looking at the trend since HP2 even you can see an ever increasing variety and amount of cars ingame. Including some old classics is unlikely to be at the cost of current cars. Especially with the focus on Touring cars and GT in SHIFT. My opinion is that it would benefit from having the older cars too as playing with the new eco stuff can be a very boring experience compared to having something like an F40 or Triple Rotor '90 RX-7 in IMSA setup blasting down the track without a care in the world ;)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

IMO the car lists from previous games (and these new games) have perfect balance so I'm more interested in intuitive gameplay

Return to “SHIFT”