HAHAHA

Business as Usual, EA.
korge
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Talk about NFS - SHIFT

Post by 2furio »

SP4RCO wrote:Either they're hiding the simulation mode very well...

... or this is yet another arcadeish title.
I think it's fine. I don't want another simulation title. That's what the other games are for. I hated ProStreet and if this game is on the arcade side, fine by me, that's what NFS is all about.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Yeah, NFS have always been arcadey, but I've hoped this one would be a sim, since there are no modern sims to play.
And while not being a sim, it also isn't a trip to the roots. But we should wait 'till we play the game.
It gets released on September? And they're making 3 or 4 games at a time. Is it going to be swarmed by bugs? And it's released just when the school starts, like they don't want me to play it.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

2furio wrote:

I think it's fine. I don't want another simulation title. That's what the other games are for. I hated ProStreet and if this game is on the arcade side, fine by me, that's what NFS is all about.
Pro street was not a sim.

There are NO AAA title race sims on the PC. Absolutely none. Unfortunately, this is starting to look like Pro street 2.

Besides, you will have your arcadey 4th Black Box title.
korge
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

This year, EA's releasing 4 NFSs. But Shift is certainly getting the most fuss.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

korge wrote:
2furio wrote:

Pro street was not a sim.

There are NO AAA title race sims on the PC. Absolutely none. Unfortunately, this is starting to look like Pro street 2.
ProStreet and Shift are considered simulation in the NFS franchise. And yeah, you're right, there are no race sims on the PC, just GTR, RACE, Live for Speed, rFactor, even TOCA Race Driver, to name a few, yep... there's nothing at all. :roll: And I don't see what being AAA has to do with anything, it's bs marketing lingo, if a game is good, it's good, no matter the publisher or developer.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

2furio wrote: ProStreet and Shift are considered simulation in the NFS franchise. And yeah, you're right, there are no race sims on the PC, just GTR, RACE, Live for Speed, rFactor, even TOCA Race Driver, to name a few, yep... there's nothing at all. :roll: And I don't see what being AAA has to do with anything, it's bs marketing lingo, if a game is good, it's good, no matter the publisher or developer.
360 gets Forza 3, PS3 gets GT5, and ooh, we get indie titles that have about 5% of the budget that NFS titles get.

Oh, and take your rollyeyes back. May make you look smart in real life. :roll:
korge
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Speaking of Forza 3, I saw a few screenshots from E3 and it looks like it may give GT5 a run for its money in terms of graphics. Definitely on my 'things to buy' list.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

If it isnt 1080p, I wont bother. I bought the first one and it looks choppy like my old ATIx700 gfx card. 720p output is one thing. little or no antialiasing whatsoever is another.

This is why I had hoped we would get a next gen Sim on the PC, but it looks like Blackbox couldnt resist getting their hand on Shift and adding their "twist."
korge
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Yeah, it all looked so well with Slightly Mad Studios being responsible for Shift and all.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

korge wrote:If it isnt 1080p, I wont bother.
I'm sure it will be. And with 60fps.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It's definitely not the hype that was created.

That said, I loved ProStreet (my favorite of the recent-gen behind Most Wanted). I love some of the concepts that they're introducing in Shift, and will probably play it even if it lacks the true simulation mode that was bragged about so much. I mean, of the 3 we know of, this is still the best NFS coming out this year.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Zero260 wrote:
korge wrote:If it isnt 1080p, I wont bother.
I'm sure it will be. And with 60fps.
1080p is confirmed if you check the Forza 3 page on the Xbox Dashboard.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

2furio wrote:

What the hell. Most of titles are arcade, they were talking of hardcore simulation in SHIFT, so they must bring that or... [-X

and I don't care of rFactor, gtr2, and other crappy-graphics games that should be patched as hell before even being able to play decently with.

I will be happy with a new "GRID" with improved physics and handling. Graphics and interior camera are stunning. But look at how the cars are feeling in the videos, its yet another legoracer in which cars weigh 50kg or less (typical of NFS since Underground to Undercover). Hope the SimBin guys are still working on the hardcore simulation part LOL. No need to get a LFS like game but make it more realistic than it's now.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Show us where they call SHIFT a "hardcore simulation"... The whole time they've been saying SHIFT is in a simulation sub-genre; it will satisfy simulation players and casual arcade players via multiple assists. As far as we know, all those gameplay videos could have had all assists on.

But if you've been expecting something similar to Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, you're basically asking to be disappointed.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

The sims like GTR2, GT Legends and others by Simbin make GT series and Forza look like shiznit. Played Forza, and it's f'ing crap. The handling was pathetic on the cars I have owned IRL, where I know the limits of what I can do. Ingame it was like trying to drive a 50ton brick with retarded physics.

GT4 isn't much better. You have to mod the hell out of your stock car to get it handling anything like real life. Then it's also so easy to go too far and make it undriveable. Even with a steering wheel on the XBOX or the PS2/3 (GT5 is not much better than 4) they feel too heavy and don't turn into corners well at all. I did manage to get an RX-7 FC running close to how I wanted in GT4 but it was still nothing like being a sim (the settings were laughable!).

Shift is just going to be Pro Street with good graphics and hopefully better handling. If that's the case then I'll be happy. Also I hope they have finally managed to sort out mapping the models properly for vinyl placement. If they leave any of the texture glitches in, I'll be seriously pissed off!
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Easier thought is. SIms like LFS, rFactor, GTR 1-Evo, Race and etc aim more towards the user, than pockets. Console games are like goldiggers. They fight to please you any means necessary, but suck at it and only want your money. I'm only buying a 360 later on for Natal :mrgreen: . But Forza actually looks promising with tire deformation.
xD4N73x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xD4N73x »

If the game will be as near to a sim game as GRID which I think will become true because of this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-need-for/50472) then I'm Ok as it surprised me honestly. It's not so rough as undercover and not so hard and sucking to control as in pro street; it seams to have smoother handling.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

xD4N73x wrote:If the game will be as near to a sim game as GRID which I think will become true because of this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-need-for/50472) then I'm Ok as it surprised me honestly. It's not so rough as undercover and not so hard and sucking to control as in pro street; it seams to have smoother handling.
Yeah, I don't really want SHIFT a GRID clone... like people thought at first - I want something that'll differentiate it from the other racing sims... and it looks like it has something.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xv3g-npdhg
ROFL, remember the great hype there??? And then some ubercrap game. Hope its not gonna happen the same now :lol:
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:
xD4N73x wrote:If the game will be as near to a sim game as GRID which I think will become true because of this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-need-for/50472) then I'm Ok as it surprised me honestly. It's not so rough as undercover and not so hard and sucking to control as in pro street; it seams to have smoother handling.
Yeah, I don't really want SHIFT a GRID clone... like people thought at first - I want something that'll differentiate it from the other racing sims... and it looks like it has something.
I tried to ask that to the NFS staff.
xD4N73x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xD4N73x »

SP4RCO wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xv3g-npdhg
ROFL, remember the great hype there??? And then some ubercrap game. Hope its not gonna happen the same now :lol:
I think that, after almost 2 years already, we all know that it was a cinematic trailer and that the taped paint and demi damage cover were taken off.

NaBUru83, GRID didn't have tuning, did it? It didn't have mercedes and mostly new shift cars (but it had zonda r instead of F and I appreciate that, srsly). And I don't say that GRID was a fail; it was a rly good game.

Anyway, I've just finished watching shift stage demo video (http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6211581/) and found out some new things.
First of all, the customization will affect considerably to your car look. For example if, from the cockpit view, you see your nissan skyline with plastics and stock stuff when it's not tuned, when you costumize your car, you will see, from the cockpit view, that the plastics are gone and have been replaced by carbon fiber stuff like in real life would.
Secondly, the damage is back, as we all know from the screenshots and the videos. But it's not like in undercover; it's like in pro street: it affects to your cars perfomance. If you don't control it well in the track, you will see the consequences like in grid, for example.
Finally, I don't know about you guys but I'm one of those persons who were disgusted with the carlist when they released it a few weeks ago. Why? Because it had a lot of "copies" from the earlier versions and, besides of that, they "deleted" some must be cars from the list (for example Mitsubishi Eclipse, Honda NSX, a lot of muscles, Pontiac GTO, Toyota Supra, Toyota Celica and much much more) adding a lot of equal bmws (why the hell should we want an old M3, a 2003 M3 and the newest M3 together if we all know that the newer is the best looking and performancing? (this is what I think)), porsches and skylines. Don't worry (be happy, lol), they just mentioned that it's a postproduction working title. This means that they are going to add more cars to the game after its launch (for example, like in pro street and undercover) so just pray :D
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

xD4N73x wrote: NaBUru83, GRID didn't have tuning, did it?
Me bad, sorry. I of course did know that, but didn't realise it, so thanks too! My new question is: is there any other important difference between RD: Grid and NFS: Shift?
xD4N73x wrote: why the hell should we want an old M3, a 2003 M3 and the newest M3 together if we all know that the newer is the best looking and performancing? (this is what I think)
So you wouldn't want any Skyline R32, R33, Silvia S13 or Eclipse 93??? No 911 993, no 996, no Golf Mk I, no 205 GTI??? I believe that it's great that new video games revive old cars, or we would forget them.
xD4N73x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xD4N73x »

I didn't mean that; I just wanted to say that they put too much similar cars when they are able to put more different ones... I was one of the guys whose questions appeared here http://needforspeed.com/portal/site/nfs ... US&lang=en and the mine was:
Lot of us missed traditional cars as Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX '99 or even Volkswagen Golf GTI which appeared in NFS underground and NFSU 2. Why have you guys decided to do not put these old versions of new models? I mean, you do put old and new versions of cars like Skyline or Camaro or Mustang... Are you going to include more cars in this patch like the last year in NFS Pro Street?

The car list each year is always one of the hottest topics of conversation both inside and outside the studio. We constantly strive to deliver a list of iconic cars that pleases the majority of our fans. Typically we try to have a good cross-section of cars from Europe, North America and Japan. There is so much passion around specific car manufacturers and models that it almost always makes for heated conversation on the forums and at also at our desks. Supporting NFS titles post-launch going forward allows us to interact with the community and determine what types of cars that people are missing in the shipped game. Hopefully we can have a more open dialogue with you guys going forward and try to deliver some of the cars that you’ve been missing from the latest titles.
Even thought it was a question for undercover I think the same about the upcoming titles.
Kimmy
Ricer
Ricer

Sleepy Eyes

Post by Kimmy »

Look on de Mazda Rx7s headlights, looks like sleepy eyes :O
I have spoted it in one more video on the two nissan 240sx.
Attachments
sleepy.JPG

Return to “SHIFT”