Talk about NFS - SHIFT

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
mArkAntonio
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Talk about NFS - SHIFT

Post by mArkAntonio »

Here's some new screens:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Car Screens:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
MarioManeski
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MarioManeski »

The graphics are just awesome,but EA said that the vinyl layer limit is 1000 that they would like to use in the style of WTCC liveries.SO,WE CAN`T PUT TOGETHER OUR OWN LIVERIES WTF?!?I Knew NFS couldn`t be that good.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Dude...

Seeing as the game is based on track racing, that's to be expected.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
MarioManeski
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MarioManeski »

Man,what would happen to the showroom then,it will slowly dissapear,and so will this site..I don`t want that
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Nfsunlimited will be adjusted to adapt to new NFS instalments. It isn’t all about the showroom. Don’t you remember why NFS became popular in the first place?

Great new screenshots though. I'm already starting to decide on my perfect 5-car garage :)
MarioManeski
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MarioManeski »

maybe you`re right,but c`mon..It`s need for speed!!
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Yep... speed, not customization. :P
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

But lose one or the other and its tits up for the series.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Maybe if they decide to lay off customization, developers could have more time making the game a better racing game, and could even become polished enough so that they don't release a patch within 2-3 weeks of release.
richermartyn
Stock
Stock

Post by richermartyn »

Shift is good to play in PC and PS.
I want to ask you than any version of shift is available for i-pod?
I heard from my friends but not get yet.
Dare to be professional Gamer.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

So I briefly played SHIFT at Formula D on Saturday. I drove a Zonda R around the London track (featured in the first teaser trailer). The game looks amazing for the most part. The sense of speed and g-forces are well represented. In fact, I got so caught up in looking at how cool all the graphics and effects were, I would always brake too late and go straight into a wall.

The physics are odd. It's difficult to compare it to any other games, but if I had to, maybe a mix between GRID and ProStreet. The steering felt very sensitive - I found myself wobbling down straightaways trying to make small adjustments. When taking on a corner, most of the time I would either hit the wall on my entry because I didn't brake enough, or I'd hit the wall on my exit because I gave it too much throttle - so there was lots of understeer. It may have just been the car or the settings, but it would never let its back end slide out (maybe traction control was on high). My friend said the same thing about the M3 GT2. It seemed far from simulation - it just didn't feel real. Again, this could have something to do with the difficulty settings. I was sort of in a rush, so I couldn't take my time analyzing the game, but you get the gist.

It was alright - it definitely didn't blow me away. I think once you get used to the physics and find settings that work for you, this game has some potential. But I'm definitely gonna play around with the demo or rent the game before I decide to buy it.
Last edited by Zero260 on 24 Aug 2009, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

About the assists: there's 3 icons on the bottom right corner of the screen (visible on the pic above). Usually they're greyish, but when an assist is in action (abs, traction control and another) they'll light up in orange. I've noticed that with traction control on high, it's more or less orange all the time except on straights :)
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Right. I think they were all on, besides brake assist.

I just read your preview from Gamescom, and I definitely agree that SHIFT has a much smaller margin of error than other games. It will take some practice to get used to the physics and learn how to take a corner properly.
raz3r
Ricer
Ricer

Post by raz3r »

Any news about the demo? I think it will be released tomorrow or next Monday, unfortunately there are no announcements from EA :/
WCG 2006-2007 Italy Winner, Top16 @ WCG GF 2007 Seattle
Shift Online Nick: eQuiDxRazer
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Zero260 wrote:SHIFT has a much smaller margin of error than other games. It will take some practice to get used to the physics and learn how to take a corner properly.
About time. There hasn't been an NFS game with keyboard controls as good as NFS Underground since underground or before it. Most Wanted was close, but the others were light years off. Pro Street had the most dead handling ever (the time delay between input and reaction was measured in seconds...). However if it's Pro Street mixed with GRID (which has awesome handling for the most part bar a minor keyboard related glitch) then I'll finally be happy :D

Also the car list is pretty good (though why the 70's Nissan with no competition I will never know!). Pity the Supra and Eclipse's got dropped but seeing as it's totally racing biased that's a good thing. Neither of those cars are really associated with racing (even the Supra only really appeared in JGTC) so putting in the European cars that are associated with Touring Cars was a good idea.

Now if NFS was to have a proper load of Series emulating real life (similar to GRID but not necessarily the same) then they'll be onto a winner (for the first time since Most Wanted) :mrgreen:
wesley beck
Stock
Stock

Post by wesley beck »

i have the logitech G25 steering wheel. is this compatible for need for speed shift.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

wesley beck wrote:i have the logitech G25 steering wheel. is this compatible for need for speed shift.
it should be compatible. u should try it out on undercover. if it works, than in shift it should work.

other news: Singapore has released the preorder cards and i just bought mine :D
link: http://ea.com.sg/blockbusters09/
Eddy01741
Stock
Stock

Post by Eddy01741 »

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I don't think it has been yet, but both xbox magazine and IGN have given NFS: Shift a 9/10, which is a damn good rating considering what big flops carbon, prostreet, and undercover turned out to be.

Link to IGN article: http://pc.ign.com/articles/102/1023587p1.html
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Look on the homepage, Eddy.

Speedhunters posted a feature on the Corolla in Shift. Check it out.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

:shock: The final JGTC AE86 looks really nice. The bodykits are much better than the recycled ones from the past few Need for Speeds. I really like that type of "progression" when it comes to upgrading your car, it seems to key in games like SHIFT/Forza/DiRT/Etc.

Edit: I'm not sure if you saw this one Zero, but Speedhunters also featured an M3 E36 & 135i tackling Nurburgring.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Tried the game for the 1st race and bought my 1st car last night.

GFX - impressive, although i can't max it out, looks awesome, they did a great job.
Sound - that's a whoa, when u're using interior camera, the car sounds crazy, and other cars sounds are very amplified, can't think of how this sounds on 5.1 surround systems(using 2.1).
Handling - now this is something else, it's an unique driving experience, it's different, but not in a bad way, i`m using Experienced mode with AI on normal, where the assists are on, by factory, no braking or turning assists. There's also Pro mode, with all assists of, but i wouldn't try that now. Cars don't feel heavy, when i drove the M3 was fun, but a bit scary from inside view, always had the thought i`m losing the car, which i did several times in my practice attempts. I successfully completed the race, gaining 1st place, by being a bit aggressive.

Conclusion, can't make a definite one, since i played the game just a bit, but all the reviews made are real, they did a excellent job with this title.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Well so far there are many pro's and con's from my experience:

Pro's:
Great visual FX and the crash stun is perfect. Finally a game that worked out how to penalise people for crashing without making silly slowdowns or penalty points.
Great atmosphere, there is a real sense of a race going on with the pit crew and the team radio.

Con's:
Handling. This could take a while, and I'm sure it's tailored for the Wheel and Pad users because of the ridiculous keyboard controls. As a keyboard user I want to be able to turn corners, not spin out or cause oversteer/understeer just by touching the key for a split second. Also it definitely looks like the acceleration was designed for a pedal as you have little to no control with the keyboard when it goes from 0% throttle to 100% throttle instantly. So currently with my RX-8 I am for the most part not nailing the corners, rather I'm drifting them all! Why when you have the control system from Underground 1 do they continue to stiff the keyboard user :(

Vinyl editing. To put it simply it's gone about 5 steps back from Pro Street. There was a lot going on there and now it's all gone pear shaped. Though having no glitchy textures is a refreshing change :)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Did you try the sensitivity settings? On the consoles I found them to be set to way too sensitive by default.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

The sensitivity on the xbox 360 version is crazy. Tiny touches of my sticks would cause the car to shift back and forth, pretty ridiculous. Took me some time to get used to it/or to change the settings lol. (Gamefly ftw)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Guys with PC version, aren't you experiencing game crashes? i barely made the 1st run, since the game stopped responding on the loading screen for the test run. After several restarts and driver updates, closed background apps, i managed to complete the race and buy my 1st car. I read on official forums that most of the players experienced random crashes and looks like EA rep don't answer back with anything. Once again the PC version got neglected. Sad.

Here

Return to “SHIFT”