Need for Speed changed my life!

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need for Speed changed my life!

Post by Kaerar »

LOL, well I can't say NFS changed my life (other than distracting me from things I should be doing). But I must say I have a WIP 1987 Mazda RX-7 in the shed which will be getting the full works when I get the cash for it. Currently stripped and awaiting a respray and some new bits (Race seat, 4 point harness and racing steering wheel, plus some cobbled together dials) before it hits the roads again. With a few external mods the Cops shouldn't even notice it ;)

As for NFS I tend to go on Gameplay and feel more than vinyls and so on, so for me the best one was Underground. The cars all had their own personality (damn 240 always losing the rear at the wrong moment) and the depth of feel for the handling was amazing. Second comes Most Wanted again the handling was good and the gameplay was great. Bit short and 2 dimensional though (like Underground as well) in it's storyline though. 3rd scarily is Pro Street. Despite all the bugs and poor design choices (who chose Green flashing to greeny yellow as an indicator?) the game has more depth than Carbon or Undercover (god I hate Undercover). The handling is very heavy with a long pause between input and reaction but once you get used to it, it's a lot of fun. Just don't bother racing with Ryo as the best bit is climbing the ladder and tuning the cars :D
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The saddening point about ProStreet is that if you happened to buy the car packs (Specifically, the McLaren F1), you pretty much have the game beat. Simple reason being: They're all free. Like, as soon as I finished the first Challenge Race Day for Battle Machine I picked up a Bugatti Veyron for Speed, a Porsche 911 GT3 RS for Grip, a Koenigsegg CCX for drift (Which is actually a decent combination), and the only cars I actually had to buy were the Camaro SS for normal drags and a '69 Charger R/T for wheelie competition.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Yeah that's so true, however except when hexxing stuff in I haven't actually used the McLaren F1, Bugatti or any of the other free cars (except the Seat Leon ;) ). I find doing that utterly pointless and as I get the most enjoyment out of the early stages where you are working to upgrade a crap car with limited funds and repair markers, to get them is just boring. Most of the time I use the 240SX for Drag and Grip, though it's also great for drift. For speed it's useless so I just use the E46 I win for that. Once I get some cash together, RX8/RX7's are bought for Grip and Drift (or if lacking cash the AE86). The E46 for speed is like the Camaro SS for Drag, totally NUTS on the points scale. Though I have found for short drags the Mustang GT gets more points than it should. In a recent game I actually bothered to get to Super Promotion and complete the Kings. It's way too easy (especially compared to the PS3 version) but fun nonetheless.

Return to “General Discussion”