What car do you drive ?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: What car do you drive ?

Post by boganbusman »

Aaaand I'm back. Well I was always still lurking, but now it's time to post my latest craptastic ride:

A 1995 EG Civic hatch with the D16Y1 (single-cam-VTEC yo!)

As you can see, there is a fake Buddy Club front bumper, crappy alloy wheels and cheap aftermarket headlights (which don't work).
What you can't see is that the bumpers are cracked to hell and held on to the car with only zip-ties. Plus the exhaust has broken off before the cat. And the clutch is a bit stuffed. And there is broken glass all over the floor (which cut my hand when I cleaning the inside). And there is a ton of ancient audio gear which isn't hooked up (???). And the sunroof doesn't close by itself. And the gearknob is not attched to the gear lever in any way.

But who cares, right? :P The car only cost $800 and comes with 1 year of registration (worth over $600).
Now the Corolla will be sold off and all proceeds will be put towards a house deposit for later this year. Anyone wanna buy it?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

My mum bought a Falcon for $300 that's in a hell of a lot better condition than that is. With rego as well.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Zzomg, WTF bogan!?

Didn't see that one coming.

Please tell me you still have your MR2 on standby.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:My mum bought a Falcon for $300 that's in a hell of a lot better condition than that is. With rego as well.
lol, I would take a slightly broken Honda over a Falcon anyday :P
jacoja06 wrote:Zzomg, WTF bogan!?

Didn't see that one coming.

Please tell me you still have your MR2 on standby.
Of course I still have the MR2! Way too much money has been spent on that car, I can't sell it.
This is just to keep me entertained until I finish it (...someday).
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

boganbusman wrote:
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:My mum bought a Falcon for $300 that's in a hell of a lot better condition than that is. With rego as well.
lol, I would take a slightly broken Honda over a Falcon anyday :P
Normally I would too, but for that price it is a pretty damn good Falcon. That and I hate most Civics with a passion.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

It's that rear spoier that does it for me. Bogan, you've bought a dog. :D

Those front lights are gash...
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Don't worry, I will be returning all the bodywork to stock. A deal was made on the Corolla yesterday so now I can buy some original lights and bumpers! A plug for the sunroof would be nice too.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Since I don't have a thread in the Your Rides sub-forum, I figured this would be the most appropriate place for this.

Went out to dinner with the family, last night and while we were inside the restaurant, someone hit the Miata while parking (I'm assuming) and took off without leaving any info. No security cameras in the parking lot, either, so I have no idea who did it and there's a time span of at least an hour for it to have occurred in. So I'm left with a huge dent in my front quarter panel, a front bumper that likely needs replacing and no one to blame. :B

Image Image Image Image
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Assholes. I had a similar thing happen to my MR2 a while ago, sucks that you can't do anything about it.

Next time park in 2 car spaces. One of the guys I work with has an STi and he does that all the time to avoid retard drivers.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

That really does suck!
For some reason people don't care any more about other peoples property, it seems that is global.

But Bogan I don't think it is a wise Idea if you take 2 places at least not in a busy parking lot, maybe downunder that will work.
But over here (where most parking lots are very busy, you will p*ss other people off by using 2 places if there are almost none, and someone will squeeze a small car in next to you when the person on the next spot leaves slightly enough space....And with some bad luck you can't get inside your own car...

I personally rather not p*ss people off because p*ssed off people will to crazy stuff in search of a parking place.
So I almost always choose to park on the far side of the lot where less people are parking and park somewhere where no one is next to me.
I rather walk, then risk stuff.
Not to mention that I would risk a fine for parking in 2 places.

But back to the Miata... it does suck, I hope it will be a clean fix.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well here people are rubbish at parking and take up two spaces without realising anyway.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

lolwtf bogan. The previous owner of that EG spent way too much time on eBay...

As for HaZ... That really blows. That happened to me a couple years ago, but I was lucky enough to receive a terribly written note that was obviously placed by a drunk person (college towns ftw).
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Goddamnit... poor MX-5. I'd go complete APE if someone did that to my car. :evil:
boganbusman wrote:Of course I still have the MR2! Way too much money has been spent on that car, I can't sell it.
This is just to keep me entertained until I finish it (...someday).
Ahh... good, I was about to lose all respect for you.
I'm also considering to copy you, and to buy another (3rd) car. Just some cheap, banged up piece of crap I don't care much for... which I can use purely to drive on the Freeway to go to work. It's an attempt to lower the milage on my new Celica, like a bodyguard... so I don't end up destroying its engine like my '89 Celica.
Tomorrow I will be looking at a sexy '00 Mitsubishi Magna wagon! 8) . I really like the look of it, even though they feel like tanks made out of tin foil.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNONONONONONONONNNONONNNNNNOOOOOO !!!!!

Magnas are horrible. One of my least favourite cars ever (not including Korean cars). Words cannot even describe how much I loathe them.
Disgusting to drive, a pain to work on, and they leak oil form every single orifice, even places where it shouldn't be physically possible to leak oil from.

Stick with Toyota plzthx (Camry, etc.)
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I already knew Magnas were bad... but not that bad.
Since your the mechanic... here's a couple of blobs which can hopefully do the job. I'm hopeful at buying a wagon, over anything else. Basically, <$5000, decent KM's, and good rear space.

Magna
Falcon

Not a great selection in Perth.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

For me it would be a beater E34 5-series wagon.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I am also thinking of getting a small cheap car to got to work with.

I do need a second car so I can reduce the amount driven in the Celica, since I don't have a other car anymore, my work car stays at work now (saves me a lot of money because I had to pay for it with a part of my income and now I don't) so a small car will be a nice option...

you can buy a car for pocket change...
But they are not always very cheap to run, and I want a small bit of luxury....even for a car like that, and sadly that isn't very good for the "I need a cheap car" tactic.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I've thought about getting a less expensive car, something I could pay off relatively quickly, but that would be a replacement for the Miata, not another car. The only reason I've thought of that is because it would be really nice not having to pay $450/month for a car for the next few years. Pretty much the only thing that keeps me from doing that, though, is the shiny paint, the big wheel and the plaque in the center console saying Limited Edition. :-" Not like any other NC MX-5 is hard to come by, should I decide to get one, later.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Oh my god that blows. D=

Normally I'd say keep your MX-5, because it's always seemed that you've loved the thing so much. However, $450 a month is a lot of damn money. (Especially if your insurance company decides to start drilling you for that claim on the bumper... frickin' a**-holes.)
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

steelsnake00 wrote:For me it would be a beater E34 5-series wagon.
Yeah, unfortunately one of those is well over my price range. That’s not including the maintenance and insurance for owning an old Beemer. The 3-series my mum used to own was a pain to maintain.

Sound good, Stig. I’d imagine you have a lot more choice of cars then I do then over here. What sort of 'luxuries' are you looking for in a small car?

On a side note, last night I installed a new DVD/NAV/Blutooth system into my car. Looks bloody brilliant… and it also performs extremely well. As a bonus, the standard Toyota speakers in my car sound about 2x better with the new head unit 0_o. I’m chuffed to bits!
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

jacoja06 wrote:I already knew Magnas were bad... but not that bad.
Since your the mechanic... here's a couple of blobs which can hopefully do the job. I'm hopeful at buying a wagon, over anything else. Basically, <$5000, decent KM's, and good rear space.

Magna
Falcon

Not a great selection in Perth.
Since it has to be a wagon, that really limits your choices. Camry wagons are uncommon and they fetch a high price on the second-hand market. Also Subarus are relatively expensive, and Accord wagons aren't great.

So that leaves Falcons and Commodores, which is still better than a Magna. Obviously It depends on condition too, a Magna that's in good shape would be O.K., but good luck finding one lol.
Oh, and avoid cars that are on LPG. I mean it's not the end of the world if you get one, but maintenance on gas cars can be a b*tch.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Well, I test drove the Magna today... and it is in quite good shape. The body and interior seemed very worn/dented, but the current engine condition is fine. It's still done 20,000kms more than my Celica, which is really OK for a car which costs $4k (luckily I'll be paying halves, so actually $2k).

It actually drove quite fine (though incredibly boring), and I might consider getting it. If the engine dies, I wouldn't care... if someone side-swiped me, that's fine. Just as long as it gets me up and down a freeway for the next few months, I'm happy.

A Camry would have been ideal, but couldn't find a very cheap one. Looked for a Liberty, but the Km's were too high. No decent Commodores, and looking at the interior of the Falcon makes me want to hang myself. I'd rather look at the back of an E2 HSV. :oops:

Luckily I haven't looked at any LPG's :P.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Get a Lancer wagon! :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Probably too small, and also uncommon. And Mitsubishi = fail.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

OMG, OMG... BOGAN. How much do you reckon it'll cost for a reconditioned 3s-ge engine, fitted into a 4th Gen Celica?
Or perhaps a 5th Generation Camry, or an MR2 engine, as you suggested before.

Return to “The Cars”