SHIFT Drift Car

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Pranukas
Stock
Stock

SHIFT Drift Car

Post by Pranukas »

Hello everyone. I have a little problem, maybe you can help. I am going over every race in SHIFT and collecting every possible star. In most of the events it's easy, but in drift it's a little tricky. I have asked for the best drifting cars in some forums, and a lot of people suggested Nissan Silvia. So i took it, and modded it too the max, but i didn't add the WORKS upgrade. The result was quite good. But still, it could be better. In some drift tracks there is just not enough space for me to, for example, make a 4 sec. drift. Maybe anyone has the same car and tuned it? I mean such things as tire pressure, spring rate, etc. I don't really know what to adjust to make the car perfect to drift. So, if it's not too much trouble, could anyone write down the tuning settings used by you with this car?

Thank you in advance. :)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT Drift Car

Post by Hydro_PT »

I can help you out. I've used a Mazda RX-7 (STAGE 3 + AERO + RACE) for every drift event and I managed to get all stars in all drift events. The "secret" to make a drift that lasts longer than 4 sec. on short tracks like Donington is to start drifting normally, then after 2 and a half seconds, spin out of control on purpose. This will give you lots of points and continue the drift as you spin out of control until the car stops.

On most drift tracks is easy to get a 4 sec. drift, since they have long corners, you just need to keep the car controlled. But Donington is really hard, so just keep trying, you will eventually get it. Good luck! :D
sgtskid
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sgtskid »

hydro that is good advise but as and old man I would hve to say it is wrong.
Pranukas, what you need to do is drift in different cars in single races and see which one suits you. that way you can pick the car you like and then do a set up to your liking. Plus a bit of advise, dont ask for some one else to find you a car
you dont find the car the car finds you. and seconddont go full throttle youwill spin out every time
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:I can help you out. I've used a Mazda RX-7 (STAGE 3 + AERO + RACE) for every drift event and I managed to get all stars in all drift events. The "secret" to make a drift that lasts longer than 4 sec. on short tracks like Donington is to start drifting normally, then after 2 and a half seconds, spin out of control on purpose. This will give you lots of points and continue the drift as you spin out of control until the car stops.

On most drift tracks is easy to get a 4 sec. drift, since they have long corners, you just need to keep the car controlled. But Donington is really hard, so just keep trying, you will eventually get it. Good luck! :D
yeah, the RX-7 seems quite a good choice, i managed to get all the drift events (all stars) with fully tuned RX-7 *including works conversion lol* but as the user above me said, its best to test all cars and choose the one that you did best with.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Well the best drift cars in shift that i have found are...
Honda S2000, modded to max, no works
Toyota Supra, modded to max, no works
Nissan Silvia, sma thing^^^, PLEASE dont even try to drift works with this lol
Toyota AE86, modded to max, works also works(???)
RX-7, modded but not to max.

A good drift tip in shift is once you go into a corner, just slamm the throttle and the grip will break easy the second the rear slides out, countersteer and then control it from there on out. for tighter corners use the ebrake.

Hope this helps
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:Well the best drift cars in shift that i have found are...
Honda S2000, modded to max, no works
Toyota Supra, modded to max, no works
Nissan Silvia, sma thing^^^, PLEASE dont even try to drift works with this lol
Toyota AE86, modded to max, works also works(???)
RX-7, modded but not to max.

A good drift tip in shift is once you go into a corner, just slamm the throttle and the grip will break easy the second the rear slides out, countersteer and then control it from there on out. for tighter corners use the ebrake.

Hope this helps
ill regret forever trying Silvia with works conversion on drift #-o
Dk-Cr3w_Jecky
Stock
Stock

Post by Dk-Cr3w_Jecky »

Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Dk-Cr3w_Jecky wrote:setup toyota supra
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthrea ... 933&page=2
welcome to the forums

i think the supra with about stage 3 performane is perfect, and tehn stage two body kit and it will be a drift machine
Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “SHIFT”