Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by jacoja06 »

Jealous^ :P

Anyway... my last post of the decade! See you all in the Groovy 10’s. 8)
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

First Welcome into new decade :mrgreen:

Happeh New Yurz
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

0_o

What the hell... this looks exactly like 2009. Weren’t we supposed to have flying cars 10 years ago?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

is nfsunlimited just dead? i haven't been here in a couple years
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

No, it's just this thread apparently. Welcome back :)
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

I haven't been on NFSUnltd. in 6 months. Looks dead-ish :lol:
Last edited by taz947 on 13 Feb 2010, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:No, it's just this thread apparently. Welcome back :)
thanks dide :) i just became interested in the nfs series again when i found out that there's two games coming, especially since one of them being made by criterion
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

We need more people to come back. Like Jop and, uhh... That one guy whose name I can't recall. o: Had a Corvette Z06 in his sig last I saw him. :P And TunersRock. :D
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Oh shiznit, long time since i visited this forum =)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I'm on the airport at the start of my 25h trip to attend the first NFSUnlimited staff meeting in Perth on Sunday. Wish me luck so I won't sit next to anybody large or even that the seats next to me are empty.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

"We actually TALK about stuff in those things? I just fall asleep inside my own helmet..."

/end lame RvB quote.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Awesome, Bojan gets to ride in da ST34LTH.

On a similar note, does anyone remember that white GTR I posted a while ago? Well, late last year the owner came back to us and voiced his concerns about the lack of power. As mentioned before, the stock BNR34 is nothing special in a straight line so we organised a little upgrade for him:

The twin-turbo setup was ditched in favour of a single T04Z. Currently pumps out 13psi and makes 300kW at the rear wheels. The turbo is hardly working at this output! The front prop shaft is buggered and needs replacing (hence rear-wheel drive only) and the clutch is at it's limits. That's why the tune is turned down for the time being.
With these two problems rectified, plus the addition of an electronic boost controller, the wick can be turned up to 400kW+ in no time at all.

But even with the current state of "mild" tune, this thing bloody moves :shock: 200kph comes in the blink of an eye, it's freakin incredible! And that is just the top of 3rd gear, still 3 more to go lol
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Just a short summary of how the first NFSUnlimited race meeting went... while it’s still fresh in my mind.

GT, Bojan, Morty and I had a pretty epic day out on Perth’s Barbagallo raceway yesterday evening, driving the Ultrafast karts. They were pretty quick machines. Twin engines, which reach a bit over 100km/h 8) . Acceleration wasn’t too brisk, so setting a quick lap required very smooth driving and maintaining good speed through the corners. Because of the slow acceleration, it was quite difficult to overtake... but this generated many epic battles on the track. It was common to see three karts wide leading into corners, like one giant game of chicken to see who would dare to brake latest. :lol:

There were five races overall (8 laps each), with one 10 minute practice session before the opening race. About 20-30 karts participated in each race :o... so racing was very packed and competitive. The starting grid was often ordered by kart number, my kart #26 and Bojans #25, which meant the both of us started side-by-side a number of times.

The first three races for me turned out to be a bit frustrating, as I ended up with underpowered kart. From my experience, I found that I was doing a better racing line then some other people around me... but I couldn’t catch up. My top speed on the main straight was also considerably lower than everyone else, and I think I finished off losing about 6 or 7 places for the first two races. Bojan ended up with a pretty awesome kart. He had good starts, then disappeared into the distance in both races.
GT also tried to kill me on the first corner in one of the first races. Took me on in the inside, and pushed me out of the racing line ( :P ).

The third race was quite short for me... but was also real fun. As I turned into the first corner on the opening lap, the kart didn’t feel quite right. No matter how steady I took a corner, the rear of the kart kept kicking out... which made it drift everywhere, which slowed it down. About 3 laps into the race the drifting became considerably worse, and I started to hear a knocking noise coming from the rear. Moments later the kart completely bottomed-out, and I watched my rear-left wheel suddenly fling off into the distance. XD
I’m glad it happened in a nice wide open area, instead of the first of final corner. I probably would have been killed otherwise :P. At least I got a replacement kart for the next two races, which was much better than the dog I was driving before.

The fourth race was going to be very close... but like an idiot, I accidently pressed the kill switch (on the steering wheel) on one of my engines just before the start of the race. Had a quick pitstop to get it started again, but I ended up rejoining almost a lap behind the leaders.

The fifth and final race actually went to plan. The new kart was very competitive, and I managed to score the best laptime of that race, along with second. I also nearly had an accident with Bojan after he spun to avoid another accident. That was kinda crazy!

At the end of the day, Bojan walked away with a pretty schmicky looking 2nd place trophy for overall championship points of the day. Then I’m pretty sure it was Morty, GT then me in the NFSUnlimited battle.

Real awesome day anyhow. ST34LTH accelerates pretty fast from what I saw ;) .
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Yeah, it was an awesome day. And I was amazed at how well I did. I've never even been in a normal gokart before, so I was afraid I'd be the slowest one on the track. And instead I end 4th in the first race, and I was 2nd overall when we had a break after the 3rd race. :shock: Ended 6th tho, but it's still a LOT better than I expected. Probably just beginner's luck. Or maybe racing's just in my blood, I've been racing on computers since 1992... :P
boganbusman wrote:Awesome, Bojan gets to ride in da ST34LTH.
Me too. :D
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I've been called "bogan" by the gokarts guy...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I want a ride in that STE4LTH.....
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Bojan wrote:I've been called "bogan" by the gokarts guy...
Haha!

Sounds like you guys are having a good time :) But where are the pics eh?
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

boganbusman wrote: But where are the pics eh?
Morty took some pics of the McDonalds menu, if you wanna see it. :)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well at least you didn't go to what I like to call "the competition".
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Team Need for Speed (what the others called us) didn't have a support crew with cameras unfortunately. We were too busy racing.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Haha, I hate getting the slowest kart... I overtake 3 karts, then they go past on the straight again -.-
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

baumaxx1 wrote:Haha, I hate getting the slowest kart... I overtake 3 karts, then they go past on the straight again -.-
Yeah, it takes a lot of planning to try and overtake a faster kart in the corners. Especially when the other driver has ‘tunnel vision’.
Then… like you said, they just own you back on the straights. Hard work - all gone!

I don’t so much mind someone overtaking me… but I don’t want them to think for a second that they’re a better driver than me. :lol:
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

'Tis my 18th birthday today. Present for myself: got approved for a rental on a new laptop, going to pick it up tomorrow.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Hey, so that means your birthday is the day before mine. I've been here for how many years and I only just noticed this :lol:

Happy Birthday!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Sorry, I just had to post this.. It's not captured by me, but this is a Lambo in Singapore whose owner hates people touching his beloved LP640. So, he did this:

LOL

Return to “General Discussion”