What car do you drive ?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Re: What car do you drive ?

Post by steelsnake00 »

240sxlover wrote:But the 206 commercial is so funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7eOVpBCtPo
Doesn't top the old VW "Unpimp-ze-auto" adverts for the Mk5 GTi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv157ZIInUk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCIF6JF1O5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0WfnhVs2s
Last edited by steelsnake00 on 07 Mar 2010, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

steelsnake00 wrote:Doesn't top the old VW "Unpimp-ze-auto" adverts for the Mk5 GTi
Word.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

240sxlover wrote:But the 206 commercial is so funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7eOVpBCtPo
That is the best reason to say a car is good...
240sxlover
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 240sxlover »

Im not saying that the car is good by that reason.Im just saying its funny...
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Peugeot- The Drive Of Your Wife.
;)
240sxlover
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 240sxlover »

PEUGEOT

P
E
U
G
E
O
T

Someone puts one?
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

What? :?
240sxlover
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 240sxlover »

One funny thing with the letters:P,E,U,G,E,O and T.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

GOT PEUE?
POG EUET?
EUPO EUT?

No, sorry, you lost me [-X
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

U GOT PEE
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

PEE GOT U
240sxlover
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 240sxlover »

PEE U GOT.;)
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

On a more serious note, my dad is considering getting a used entry-level luxury sedan but as I will be driving it as well, I have a say in it.

First here are the prerequisites that my dad has laid out, and they cannot be changed:
-Used, affordable 4-door luxury sedan
-FWD or AWD
-V6 engine (sorry, no 2.0T for me), non-turbo

So far, we've test driven 2 vehicles, the 2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro and the 2004 Acura TSX. My dad does not like the turbo and high price of the Audi, so that's out. Plus he doesn't want a turbo due to the loud idle (he's old, and I've tried to argue with him about this already).

I've suggested that we test drive an Infiniti G35x, Acura TL, Cadillac CTS AWD (2008 or newer) and Mercedes C230 4MATIC (2007 or newer).

Anyone have other ideas that would fit the bill?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

If it really needs to be affordable then I wouldn't be looking at European cars.

Get a Lexus ;)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

boganbusman wrote:Get a Lexus ;)
QFT

Just make sure the accelerator works properly. :P
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Porsche-AG wrote:I've suggested that we test drive an Infiniti G35x, Acura TL, Cadillac CTS AWD (2008 or newer) and Mercedes C230 4MATIC (2007 or newer).

Avoid the Caddy, and for that matter the Crysler 300C. Both are very outdated and pretty badly put together.

The Merc is a well-built and good looking car but I wouldn't call them luxury. Personally I prefer the interior on Passats...

Theres a point, how about a Passatt? Here you can get a brand-new R36 4-motion Passatt CC for a smidge over £30k with discounts- I've specced up 2.2 Mondeo diesels to higher prices than that with relative ease!
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

boganbusman wrote:If it really needs to be affordable then I wouldn't be looking at European cars.

Get a Lexus
Agreed, and the MB C230 4MATIC would have to be the previous generation that dates back to 2000 if we are to keep it in the affordable range, so that choice is out.
xHaZxMaTx wrote:QFT

Just make sure the accelerator works properly.
Taking a look at some of the Lexus IS 250 (newest generation) prices, they are more reasonable than I previously thought. I'll definitely take a look at one before making any decisions. And yeah, the accelerator thing also made my dad a bit uneasy but I'm sure it's not as big a deal as people are making it.
steelsnake00 wrote:Avoid the Caddy, and for that matter the Crysler 300C. Both are very outdated and pretty badly put together.

The Merc is a well-built and good looking car but I wouldn't call them luxury. Personally I prefer the interior on Passats...

Theres a point, how about a Passatt? Here you can get a brand-new R36 4-motion Passatt CC for a smidge over £30k with discounts- I've specced up 2.2 Mondeo diesels to higher prices than that with relative ease!
Are we talking about the same C&D 10 Best for 2008 - 2010 Cadillac CTS? If so, I definitely wouldn't call it outdated. The 300C isn't considered luxury, so we won't even consider it. Plus, it's a Chrysler.

The R36 version of the 4motion Passat CC is well over our budget, even the regular I4 CC is quite pricey due to it's newness. The regular Passat isn't exactly attractive, so it's an unlikely choice.

Today we test drove a 2006 Acura TL 3.5 w/Navigation and the substantially increased power above the TSX and the extra space and luxury features put it on top, so far. It's also relatively cheap, coming in at about the same price as a 2006 IS 250.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I would like to have a clarification as to why the 300C isn't considered "luxury". I know you won't consider it because it's RWD and not FWD/AWD but come on.

What about a Subaru Legacy?
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Porsche-AG wrote:Are we talking about the same C&D 10 Best for 2008 - 2010 Cadillac CTS? If so, I definitely wouldn't call it outdated. The 300C isn't considered luxury, so we won't even consider it. Plus, it's a Chrysler.

The R36 version of the 4motion Passat CC is well over our budget, even the regular I4 CC is quite pricey due to it's newness. The regular Passat isn't exactly attractive, so it's an unlikely choice.

Today we test drove a 2006 Acura TL 3.5 w/Navigation and the substantially increased power above the TSX and the extra space and luxury features put it on top, so far. It's also relatively cheap, coming in at about the same price as a 2006 IS 250.
The CTS is RWD from memory too. The 300C is based on an old E-class chassis and is, in a word, rubbish. For some reason, I though that the CTS was based on a recycled old platform but perhaps I'm wrong. Still, I highly doubt it's anywhere close to as well put together as the German cars. The CTS is also extremely heavy- at 3850lb it's 300lb heavier than a BMW 3-series and about the same weight as an AWD A4. I've also heard from people whove' driven them that it feels very cheap inside.

It all comes down to what you need though, and whether your prepared to splash out more money for a car that's going to hold its value better. What kind of budget are we talking, anyway? Personally, if I was looking to buy a reasonably high-performance, luxury mid-size saloon for a resonable budget I'd be looking at B7 A4's (05-06, probably 3.2 FSi motor and AWD or the 2.0 turbo that's already been discounted) or a BMW 330i (335i would be out of your budget I imagine). I can only go on UK pricing but since the B7's replacement their prices have dropped enormously and it's now fully possible to get a 2.0T Quattro saloon in full S-line kit for under £10k.

In personal terms I'd take an E90 3-series or a slightly earlier E39/60 5-series, and keep the change. But I'm a German car whore so thats why.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Porsche-AG wrote:On a more serious note, my dad is considering getting a used entry-level luxury sedan but as I will be driving it as well, I have a say in it.

First here are the prerequisites that my dad has laid out, and they cannot be changed:
-Used, affordable 4-door luxury sedan
-FWD or AWD
-V6 engine (sorry, no 2.0T for me), non-turbo

So far, we've test driven 2 vehicles, the 2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro and the 2004 Acura TSX. My dad does not like the turbo and high price of the Audi, so that's out. Plus he doesn't want a turbo due to the loud idle (he's old, and I've tried to argue with him about this already).

I've suggested that we test drive an Infiniti G35x, Acura TL, Cadillac CTS AWD (2008 or newer) and Mercedes C230 4MATIC (2007 or newer).

lexus gs 300, i was reading modified mag and this one guy got a GS300 for $3000(lucky!)sold the engine and tranny for $2200, so he got the chasis for $800, then the guy had a V8 swap (chevy LS1) and T56 tranny for $4000. $1500 mount kit, $300 wiring conversion, $400 driveshaft. comes upto about $6500. doesnt sound bad at all, so if your up for it (and dad) then this would be a cheap performanceful car, and fun time building it. I wiuyld sooo do this if i could could get a gs300 for 3 grand
Instagram @SupraHKS
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:I would like to have a clarification as to why the 300C isn't considered "luxury". I know you won't consider it because it's RWD and not FWD/AWD but come on.

What about a Subaru Legacy?
In N. America, the 300C is a regular mid-sized sedan, comparable to a Ford Taurus or Chevy Malibu. The Legacy has been in the back of my mind, and if we come along a V6 that's affordable, we'll definitely give it a try.
steelsnake00 wrote:The CTS is RWD from memory too. The 300C is based on an old E-class chassis and is, in a word, rubbish. For some reason, I though that the CTS was based on a recycled old platform but perhaps I'm wrong. Still, I highly doubt it's anywhere close to as well put together as the German cars. The CTS is also extremely heavy- at 3850lb it's 300lb heavier than a BMW 3-series and about the same weight as an AWD A4. I've also heard from people whove' driven them that it feels very cheap inside.

It all comes down to what you need though, and whether your prepared to splash out more money for a car that's going to hold its value better. What kind of budget are we talking, anyway? Personally, if I was looking to buy a reasonably high-performance, luxury mid-size saloon for a resonable budget I'd be looking at B7 A4's (05-06, probably 3.2 FSi motor and AWD or the 2.0 turbo that's already been discounted) or a BMW 330i (335i would be out of your budget I imagine). I can only go on UK pricing but since the B7's replacement their prices have dropped enormously and it's now fully possible to get a 2.0T Quattro saloon in full S-line kit for under £10k.

In personal terms I'd take an E90 3-series or a slightly earlier E39/60 5-series, and keep the change. But I'm a German car whore so thats why.
Yes, the CTS is RWD normally, but an AWD version is available this generation. A quick Google search shows that the newest CTS is actually on a brand new platform developed specifically for it.

Well a budget in CDN dollars looking at CDN cars can differ by a bit compared to Europe. The E39/60/90 suggestions are all far too expensive to consider here as the BMWs fetch a premium . The 330i is RWD, so we'd have to go with a 330xi, and as such we'd have to go for the E46 version to stay within budget. Should the E46 still be considered?

As for the B7 Audi, the V6 models are still comparable in price to used E90 330xi's, which is a bit too expensive. Plus, if we did decide on spending that extra, the E90 would be a better choice (features and new-ness wise).
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Zotic+ wrote:lexus gs 300, i was reading modified mag and this one guy got a GS300 for $3000(lucky!)sold the engine and tranny for $2200, so he got the chasis for $800, then the guy had a V8 swap (chevy LS1) and T56 tranny for $4000. $1500 mount kit, $300 wiring conversion, $400 driveshaft. comes upto about $6500. doesnt sound bad at all, so if your up for it (and dad) then this would be a cheap performanceful car, and fun time building it. I wiuyld sooo do this if i could could get a gs300 for 3 grand
Neither me nor my dad have enough experience to do an engine swap. Plus, my dad wants luxury, not an older model with power.

(Double post because length of previous post made it impossible to add to it without having the cursor jump to random places while typing.)
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Are older E39's really that expensive? Here a low-milage, late M5 costs about the same as a mid-spec Ford Mondeo, and far less than 2 year old 300C or A4 V6.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Toyota Avalon?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Stereo wrote:Toyota Avalon?
One of my favourite cars, but it's not exactly dripping with luxury.

Return to “The Cars”